• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana Decay

Dominina

I am finding that the mana decay is way way too much. I am having an extremely difficult time keeping enough mana to go forward in the 3 cities that I don't get to as often as I get to my fellowships in the other 2. The 2 fellowships are a priority, and I get there often...even still the mana decay is crazy. I have Maze of Dark Matter in both but it makes little difference. We should have something that we can produce/win/ to stop our mana from decaying.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you think mana decay is bad, wait til you need to produce the Seeds and the sentient goods in chapters 11+. Those decay at the same 10% rate every night and are much harder to make than mana ever is. And I am guessing all Inno will say is"put out more man producing buildings", but the best ones came from the events and if you had bad luck getting them, then yes it is hard to keep up with the decay, unless you are willing to flood your city with Weeping Willows.

DeletedUser2870

Actually I think you already pointed out the real 'problem' here and that is not the decay itself, but the fact you don't have the time to maintain each city on a daily basis.
The decay is managable when playing regularly. When only looking in a few times a week it becomes something of a game-stopper.
If you really want to keep going on, the best bet would be to place the Dragon Abbey and try to get that to as high a level as you can asap. That generates mana each time you use a spell. With spells being relatively easy to come by if one plays some tourney rounds it becomes an instant mana-generator. And of course there are a lot of event buildings that generate mana, some of which can be crafted as well

As @Enevhar Aldarion states, the matter becomes much worse with the seeds since there are way fewer sources that generate those.

DeletedUser2990

I am finding that the mana decay is way way too much. I am having an extremely difficult time keeping enough mana to go forward in the 3 cities that I don't get to as often as I get to my fellowships in the other 2. The 2 fellowships are a priority, and I get there often...even still the mana decay is crazy. I have Maze of Dark Matter in both but it makes little difference. We should have something that we can produce/win/ to stop our mana from decaying.
Funny, but as soon as I got rid of my Maze of Darkness, my Mana decay and my seed decay went down. And I haven't had any trouble keeping up since. I don't know why this is, but it is.