• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mana?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Nimitz69 It is a new resource that gets introduced in the Woodelves chapter. Unlike guest race resources that are only used in 1 chapter, mana is going to be a permanent resource. Once you reach that point, it will be needed for the rest of the game. Basically mana is going to work in the exact same way as gold, supplies, or goods. It will be a possible cost for unlocking tech advances or for doing upgrades. The 1 significant difference is that mana decays. You will lose 10 % of your accumulated mana every night (to be precise, decay occurs at 4AM eastern time). Mana decay only applies to mana in your stockpile, it does not affect mana which is accumulating overnight in your buildings.

quin629

Aha! Philosophical question, not a game play question.

Mana is a part of nature, which is why the Wood Elves teach it to us. It is an energy; thus, the icon represents an active/swirling, glowing blue force. Interestingly, it arises from or is produced in certain Culture buildings.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
So Moses and his team are wandering around in the dessert wondering what to eat? They run into some Polynesians and are told to gather manna. They do and problem solved.

And now you know "the rest of the story."

If you doubt me remember Thor Heyerdahl and the "Kon Tiki." I could have happened.

I just wonder if the 3 wise men were Polynesian too. All that coming from the east and all.

AJ

Nimitz69

@Nimitz69 mana is going to work in the exact same way as gold, supplies, or goods.

I know what coins are; I know what supplies are; and, I know what production goods are.

What is our mana?
According to Melanesian and Polynesian mythology, mana is a supernatural force that permeates the universe. Anyone or anything can have mana. They believed it to be a cultivation or possession of energy and power, rather than being a source of power. It is an intentional force.