• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Manufactoring Challenge

DeletedUser20951

Redemption for previous crappy rewards is upon us! A Phoenix Artifact is the main prize. I am pleased. PLEASED. This will allow for my all-terrain chocobo to reach full potential. *does happy spastic dance*

But, I did just consider that this could possibly be difficult for many players with a limited amount of factories, as the general consensus has been to move away from having a lot? I've a ton of 'em, myself, yet I am a bit curious about the experience of others on this front.

Nah, wait, now I've remembered that you can build a bunch of little factories and easily complete the challenge. Nevermind. (I hate how cheesy this method is, but I'll use it in a pinch if I need to and thus don't criticize it much)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

Cheasy method? well i would rather say its pretty appropriate. Its good that smaller cities have a chance to earn the big prizes sometimes too.
I'm talking about the big boys that build their shanty towns of a bunch of tiny factories/workshops specifically to complete quests, but although I avoid constructing any extra buildings during events and whatnot, I can't genuinely fault anybody for taking advantage of the system.

Hmm... Pondering, pondering, pondering on the issue of the prevalence of this tactic forcing Inno's hand in increasing quest requirements to the point of making a master list almost absolutely necessary to finish sequentials during events, something I think is ridiculous and needs a solution, but I'm not sure one exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

ppl use the loopholes
ALWAYS, and I don't blame them, I blame the developers for not closing the loophole. Instead, they seem intent on doubling down on a design flaw. I suppose it is possible they knowingly meant for players to respond this way, but I strongly suspect that they didn't and are now seeking to mitigate the damage in a totally ineffectual manner so they don't have to devote programming resources to fixing it. Not gonna work; add twenty more of something to produce and players will just make room for twenty more tiny factories, and so on and so forth.

DeletedUser20929

loop holes already seem important in this event. If you are doing it without spells and you start now you need around 30 manufacturers running pretty fast. which is convenient, because I can fit 28 level 1's to complement my high level plants.

Deleted User - 3932582

loop holes already seem important in this event. If you are doing it without spells and you start now you need around 30 manufacturers running pretty fast. which is convenient, because I can fit 28 level 1's to complement my high level plants.
Have you accounted for a fact that you could have built the shantytown ahead of time, and have 28x 2-day productions in the first 10 minutes of the event? ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Have you accounted for a fact that you could have built the shantytown ahead of time, and have 28x 2-day productions in the first 10 minutes of the event? ;)

Have you accounted for the fact that only a tiny percent of the player base even use the forums or even know the Beta servers exist? Or accounted for all the players who have no room to throw down all the baby buildings? I am lucky that I am early in Constructs and have all the empty space available that is waiting to be filled with guest race buildings.

Also, when this was announced on Beta, and the info posted to the Beta thread, the top prize was a crappy 25 vapors, not an Artifact. So I would guess a lot of players who do come here, saw that and did not care to even build factories for this. I also wonder if there is a lot of rage over on the Beta forums about this switch in top prize?

Deleted User - 3932582

Near as I can tell, a typical player (without accounting for spells) probably needs about 50-90 factories to successfully complete the event, unless they had a bunch of two day productions waiting int he sidelines.
You can do with quite a bit less if you're diligent and can do 6x 3hour collections a day (don't know how typical would that be).

5400 / (3 days * 6 times a day * 10 medals per collection) = 30 manufactories

That's without prebuild.

EDIT: I guess that's what @OverCire above calculated

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You can do with quite a bit less if you're diligent and can do 6x 3hour collections a day (don't know how typical would that be).

5400 / (3 days * 6 times a day * 10 medals per collection) = 30 manufactories
I assume typical is two nine hour collections and two 3 hour collections.

And anybody who wasn't already awake at 06:00 EDT and start building factories, probably won't have 3 days for the event, since they either missed a few hours at the beginning, or will have to miss a few hours at the end.

Deleted User - 3932582

Have you accounted for the fact that only a tiny percent of the player base even use the forums or even know the Beta servers exist? Or accounted for all the players who have no room to throw down all the baby buildings? I am lucky that I am early in Constructs and have all the empty space available that is waiting to be filled with guest race buildings.

Also, when this was announced on Beta, and the info posted to the Beta thread, the top prize was a crappy 25 vapors, not an Artifact. So I would guess a lot of players who do come here, saw that and did not care to even build factories for this. I also wonder if there is a lot of rage over on the Beta forums about this switch in top prize?
Hm, my point was about what's possible, not about what's typical or common. I managed to squeeze 40+ T1 into my fully built out S&D city. I built shantytown just to get some catalysts and fragments. Main prize is... sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. Unless your timing is right, or you're willing to make some sacrifices. I think this is only the second time I will get the max prize for the Challenge. Usually, they're not worth the bother.

If someone wants the Artifact that badly, they can always demolish something to build the ghetto. But after the last event I could only see it being worth it for L8 to L9 evolution. For me, it is actually pretty useless as I have an L10 Fire Phoenix, and no other Artifacts. I am not putting down other Phoenixes just for L2. I think a lot of people are in the same boat (or in L9->L10 which is very incremental) if they did the whole last event.

Deleted User - 3932582

if they only give them away one at a time then collectively they won't be useless
Even I had enough for L10 Storm or Aureate, I am not sure I'd place them in my city. More likely not. And to get to L10 from L1 would take a year or something like that, if they would be giving it once per event. In that timeframe I will likely finish several chapters and get to the current finish. I may have bothered for something like Fire Phoenix over such timeframes, but for the others? Not worth it for me.

kctanzen

The math wizards can probably sort this out in a quick hurry -- but wouldn't the supplies output from a reasonably leveled phoenix be a worthwhile option to replace a large workshop (along with the supporting pop / culture)? That would free up some room for even more shanty town bits for events!!