• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Manufactory Design Flaw in Elementals

Thistleknot

I am into the Elementals age and have researched six of the first seven technologies. As I have done all along, as I unlock technologies I will start upgrading the buildings associated with those technologies. In addition, I try to do the quests as they come up and only skip quests that I cannot do at the moment. Most are asking for something that I am already doing or can do with a slight modification to my routine.

This is where I discovered a set back that I consider a design flaw in the manufactories. The quest that I ran across asks me to produce a luxury armchair, a one-day production from my boosted good. When I clicked on my level 24 planks manufactory, I noticed that the one-day and two-day productions were no longer available. The productions available are the 3-hour and 9-hour productions for planks and also for the sentient good, elven tree gum. Mildly annoyed, I built a level 1 planks to complete the quest.

I have to wonder why the designers decided to remove the longer productions from the upgraded manufactories. Why not add an additional tab that has the sentient goods production times?

As it is, I either have to keep the level 1 manufactory so that I may complete this quest when it comes around or I have to skip the quest altogether. Neither option is good to me, but I will have to figure it out as I move through this age.

What are your opinions on this?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I didn't notice that qurest... are you referring to the declinable cycling quests?
If so, they probably don't care about them as they are getting replaced. The overhaul to the quest system is expected to take "A (very) long time" though.

DeletedUser1766

I have noticed the same problem with the standard recycling quests. They still ask for 1 day productions. I just skip them as I rarely produce that anyway. It will be amusing if they forget to change the badges in the FA as well because there are lots of quests and badges that ask for 1 day production.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
we raised this on beta and were told it was a strategy we had to decide on, either build lvl 1 factories for them or keep some lvl 23 factories for the longer production options.

qaccy

Cycling quests haven't been touched since the release of Fairies, for what that's worth. Quests in general kind of stopped being rewarding enough for me to bother clicking through shortly afterward since the buildings keep getting better but those quest rewards remain static. ~50k coins or ~5k supplies is a lot more meaningful in Chapter 7 than it is in Chapter 12.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Cycling quests haven't been touched since the release of Fairies, for what that's worth. Quests in general kind of stopped being rewarding enough for me to bother clicking through shortly afterward since the buildings keep getting better but those quest rewards remain static. ~50k coins or ~5k supplies is a lot more meaningful in Chapter 7 than it is in Chapter 12.

No doubt that was intentional as they had tried to ditch quest cycling previously. So a more subtle approach of making them less beneficial seems to be the trick and done with most players not noticing.

Thistleknot

we raised this on beta and were told it was a strategy we had to decide on, either build lvl 1 factories for them or keep some lvl 23 factories for the longer production options.

That kind of answer seems a bit short-sighted for the developers of a city-building game. Why would they put in a new feature late in the game that could stagnate the growth of a city? If they're in the process of revamping or removing the recycling quests, that's fine, but at least let people know that's what you are doing.