• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Manufactory Quest during Winter Event changed total required after starting and before completing quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow Last Elf

Game version: __ 1.93.5-776514c-256(us1.94)
Game world: __Harandar
Browser + version: __
Flash Player version: __??
Operating System: __Android 8.0.0
Screen resolution: __1920x1200
Account name: __Crow Last Elf
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: __1/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ "Produce a good amount of one type of Basic Crafted or Regular Goods of your choice"

Current situation:
I am between quests 30-79 and in Chpt.3. This happened today.

My Steel Manuf's produce ~740 total, but if I boost 4 of them with enchantments I can produce ~1000.

When I first received the quest, I had ~500 uncollected steel, so I collected 500 and scheduled my next collection for 3 hrs later.
I checked the quest progress and it indicated my progress was 500/1500.
At the next collection, 3 hrs later, I checked the quest, which showed status at 500/1500.
I used 4 enchantments on 4 of my manu's in order to complete the quest with the current collection.
I collected the steel.
My quest progress showed 1.5k/2.0k. The amount required changed so that I was unable to complete the quest. Also, as a consequence, I wasted 4 enchantments because I only used them because I had the opportunity to complete the quest during the current collection.

Expected situation:
The amount of goods required would stay the same the entire time it is in my quest log. At a minimum, once I started the quest by collecting the first 500, the quest requirement wouldn't change before completion.
__

Reproduction Steps
__Receive quest
2. __Partially complete, but don't fully complete quest
3. __Use enchantments on manuf's
4. __Collect goods
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Last edited:

michmarc

Did you change chapters (or maybe complete a new research related to manufacturing)? I'm don't know what the total is calculated from, but I'm guessing your city advanced to the next requirement tier.

I agree that an in-progress quest shouldn't be recalculated though.

Crow Last Elf

I definitely did not change chapters or complete research. I'm still in the middle of chpt.3, as I was when I started the winter event. The reason I can be sure that I didn't complete research is that I am holding off completing research until needed by an event quest.

Like you, I also think that the requirement algorithm was picking up different "input numbers" for it's calculation at some point. Similar quests in that block of quests required that I produce 2000 goods, so I was surprised/pleased that I received one that required 1500. I didn't know if this was a different quest than I had before, since there are 3 quests that are similar in that block of quests.

The only actions I would have been doing is normal production and collectting. I wasn't doing encounters because I was waiting until required to by the event. I may have completed scouting a province, but that is unlikely. I may have upgraded a residence, but I wasn't upgrading any other type of building. I may have placed culture (codex) but I don't think so. I may have completed a few tourny provinces, but I can't remember specifically.

DeletedUser4194

Please send a ticket to support if you haven't done so yet. That way we can see what exactly happened and help sort it out: Go to Support

Crow Last Elf

Ok, I will. Thank you. I just wanted to clarify what I knew about my game play at the time, in case it helped someone.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Any of the quests that give you the choice of tier 1 or tier 2 or tier 3 are changing their required amounts depending on which tier you have the most of. The higher the tier, the less goods are needed to complete it.

michmarc

Because of this thread, I just noticed this happening. My 'produce T1 or T2' quest was currently based on my Silk production. When I collected from my Mermaid (which produces all of the T1's), now my Plank total was closer to the goal so it now shows the number of planks I've produced under the quest and the goal for Planks is higher than the goal for Silk.

Unfortunate that there is nothing in the progress bar that indicates (a) which of the goals options it is tracking or (b) what your progress towards other goals is.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Unfortunate that there is nothing in the progress bar that indicates (a) which of the goals options it is tracking or (b) what your progress towards other goals is.
That is the biggest weakness in this particular quest design. It should be easy enough to fix with a little extra text (...or xxx manufactured, or xx magical goods")

DeletedUser4194

That is the biggest weakness in this particular quest design. It should be easy enough to fix with a little extra text (...or xxx manufactured, or xx magical goods")

Thanks for the suggestion, we will indeed pass that along.

Status
Not open for further replies.