• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Manufactory ratio/balance

Giovannaa

Hi Everyone,

I am in the Constructs chapter and have been noticing for a while that my Standard goods are stockpiling up into the millions and keep going higher--I have 5/4/3 manufactories of Tier 1/2/3, respectively. I have one of each tier boosted Sentient goods manufactories which I constantly keep buffed with Magical Manufacturing. Will this setup remain viable for when I hit the Ascended goods chapters? Will I need to do away with any of my Standard goods manufactories? Any advice is appreciated!

-Gio

defiantoneks

such a simple, yet complex question.
will it be viable? yes, and no.
will you need to do away with standard manufactories? yes, no, maybe.

i think the answers all balance on how you play your city. do you battle through tourney and spire, or negotiate?
how does your population look?

in my experience (MY experience, which of course is not the same as others) I am running 2 steel, one scroll and one dust manu. I have stock of all goods (not just boosted) ranging 14 million and up to 27 million.
I have 3 armories. all of my buildings are at max level (except the elixir manu which is in progress for upcoming chapters ascended). all WS and Res are magic (won in spire or bought with spire diamonds).
a LOT of space in my city goes to seeds, mana, Ancient wonders and evolving buildings that provide needed goods like mana/seeds/unurium. i like to think i play a balanced city but who knows.

so, in my mind yes you could retire some goods, especially since they're growing. keep in mind that as you progress the guest chapters will not only require more space, but more goods you can't just produce, and need to collect (again, mana/seeds/unurium). i certainly would not continue to update all of the manus you have. maybe use that as a test point - upgrade 1 of each. if stock stays good, retire something.

Flashfyre

I stored my T1 factories after leveling them to max (finished Contructs now) because I don't need the production; I have 2 million+ of each boosted T1 and get a few hundred thousand each week from sets and event buildings. Unless you are depleting your T1 stockpiles, you shouldn't need to keep more than 1 of each deployed (and probably not even those). I have 2 of each S1 factory deployed, to keep my stock of Sentients above 100K, and will probably do the same when I move into the next set of chapters for Ascended goods.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As Defiant said, it depends upon how you play. I cater more than most so I have 3 silk and 2 dust factories out. Don't ask me how many planks I have out ... I built them for bracelets in the FA and used all my teleports to store stuff during same FA, so I'm still stuck with a ton of them, but I'll keep 5 of them and store the rest as soon as I have more teleports. Some might say it's too much (in chapter 18) but as I said, I cater so I need them. (I have less than 2 mill of dust right now and barely more than that in silk.)

Both posters gave good advice. Just teleport one and see if you're going too far down in goods. If you are, then you can always take it out of storage.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Also remember, Sentient goods also decay into Basic Goods and don't just poof like mana or seed decay. Therefore, you will accumulate some Basic Goods from Sentient decay. I'm mostly a fighting city, but I felt 2 of each sentient factories wasn't enough to get me to 150k of each type to take some wonders out of level 30 rune stage. However, at the end of Constructs is Simia Sapien wonder, which will reduce Sentient decay and make them MUCH more manageable. So now I feel okay just having one Sentient factory, which I will supplement with Pyramids/armories combo.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have 2 each Sentient factories and a 3rd S3 plus my regular tier factories for running Chapters 15 and 16. I did increase seed production as well.