• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Manufacturers

Redqueen1

I have been playing for a few months and have 3 citys. They are all nearing the end of chapter 5. All of them have different amounts of manufacturing building in them. Most have 6 basic and 4 to 6 refined and all only have 2 precious, they all also have 10 workshops.
Now I have tried to keep my city balanced between fighting and catering my way through Spire and Tournaments. As I go along and try to level all of my buildings all the way up before the next chapter.
I find I'm hitting a wall of needing more workers/population all the time and quickly starting to run out of space for it all. Am I over stretching or is this a good number of manufacturers to work with? How many do you guys have on average and do you try to be even with your fights and supplies or do you always have to put one above the other?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You seem to have a good balance on the factories and a good amount of supplies. I play the spire so in both my cities all of my workshops and most of my residences are magic, won in the spire. Since they have so many more supplies or population than regular buildings, I'm able to do with less residences and workshops than you probably need. I find the spire the best way to gain more from less space. Of course, you have to play every week in order to get prizes like that. I find that I win a magic residence or workshop a minimum of once every 2 months. (Which means, of course, that at least 7 times out of 8, I don't win them.) Overall, the spire is very worth it. On the first big boss (that guards the door to the high halls) you can win magic residences. From the second boss (froggie) you can win workshops.

Event buildings also help too, because you don't need roads for those (I mean the population/culture buildings, at least).

If you had a Prosperity Towers, you could cut out at least two workshops. That would free up both space and population. In my chapter 12 city, I have 6 magic workshops, 6 planks, 4 silk and 3 gems factories. I also have 5 armories. Most of them are maxed. I am able to do about 2500 (sometimes 3K) in tourney by catering the hard ones and fighting the easy ones.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Upgrading AW's like the golden abyss and your EE, will also help with gaining population and supplies WITHOUT needing more space than you found to originally place it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
How many do you guys have on average and do you try to be even with your fights and supplies or do you always have to put one above the other?
I don't advocate comparing numbers with other players. Your availability to play differs, as well as personal in-game goals and needs. Someone able to do multiple 3hr collections can squeeze more goods out of the same number of factories than someone on a 9hr collection schedule. Listen to your city. If you need more goods, build more factories :) Keep in mind also that as they level up, they produce more and take up more space, so you can also progressively downsize number of factories needed as you continue to upgrade them.

I'm looking at your Arendyll city.
  • Definitely hit that Golden Abyss a whole lot harder! You can think of GA like a wonder that gives you a rebate on pop. So the more buildings you put down that require pop like workshops, armories, and factories, the more pop GA gives you back.
  • Needles and Monastery could also take some more loving if you plan to fight. Most wonders require you to put a bunch of levels into it before you'll feel any significant effect.
  • The culture buildings (Mysterious cyclone, Flower Float, Spot of Whispering Tree) from the build menu are pretty crappy in terms of per tile yield. You'll get much better culture buildings from events or even dingbat stuff from Mystery Object prizes in the MA. They'll make better efficient use of your tiles and space is the ultimate commodity.
  • Be mindful of chapters of buildings. They are chaptered when you obtain them, not when you place them. You are in chap 5 but you have stuff from chap 3. The higher the chapter for a particular building, the higher yield it gives. For culture buildings, don't waste Royal Restorations on (RR's are harder to obtain than diamonds!). Again, just keep replacing them with stuff from latest events as you continue to play the game. Other buildings like evolve buildings that you plan to keep, those are worth throwing RR's into to upgrade the chapter.
Hope that helps.

Redqueen1

You all have given me some great advice. I appreciate it all thank you!
I just need to try and revamp a little bit with new culture building and attempting to get more magically residents and workshops from spire. I have a couple that I have gotten from Spire that have definitely helped! (No workshops yet though.)
Getting rid of old culture building and replacing with some new. And hopefully better ones from contests along the way. Along with doing the math for culture per square it takes up. (I hadn't thought about that until it was mentioned.)
Concentrating on upgrading ancient wonders. That help with Pop, supplies, and troops support.
Thank you all!!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It is also hard to give a set number for how many manufactories you should have because the size of them varies depending on 1. if you are human or elven and 2. what kind of manufactory it is. Manufactories do tend to be more or less balanced overall on a square for square basis, a large manufactory will require more population and culture than a small manufactory. But the large manufactory will also produce more goods.

For example, I have a human marble boosted city and an elven planks boosted city. When I was in the middle chapters of the game, a level 19 human marble manufactory was 5x3 in size. My human city had 5 of them (75 squares total) at that point. A level 19 elven planks manufactory was 5x2 in size. I had 7 of them (70 squares total) in my elven city. With this set-up, production was close to equal in both cities. However it took 2 additional manufactories in the elven city to accomplish this.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Getting rid of old culture building and replacing with some new. And hopefully better ones from contests along the way. Along with doing the math for culture per square it takes up. (I hadn't thought about that until it was mentioned.)
Or let someone else do the maths for you. If you haven't found this site yet it will help you a lot

It is also hard to give a set number for how many manufactories you have because the size of them varies depending on 1. if you are human or elven and 2. what kind of manufactory it is. Manufactories do tend to be more or less balanced overall on a square for square basis, a large manufactory will require more population and culture than a small manufactory. But the large manufactory will also produce more goods.

People forget this or are unaware of this. Interestingly what is comparable is the number of squares of factories. Prior to spire and the changed tournament a minimum of 40 squares for each tier was a good rule of thumb. Tourney and spire will simply have increased those minimum, I remember 60/40/40 as a common set-up. There are so many variables for a town but if you are struggling for goods and under those number of squares for factories that would be the first place to start.

As an example of 40 squares and picking on lvl 1 human factories. This would mean 20 marble (2 squares each) but only 10 steel/planks (4 squares each). As the buildings grow the number you need can shrink as the number of squares needed doesn't change much, unless you are changing your strategy.

The 40 squares holds true far into the game (at least orcs) so a person will (or should) know what they are doing by then. As mentioned there are likely new minimums due to changes in the game but game changes have increased demand not reduced it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For the most part, buildings which do nothing but give culture are dead weight. Replace them asap with buildings which also provide some other function. Early cities often have no choice. It's quite rare for later cities to have more than one or two such buildings.

BrinDarby

Even tho the Spire scales , I always used that as a basis.....
So, if costs were 250 / 175 / 100 or whatever the actual #s
were, that was how I balanced out my Manufacturing....
It has scaled with the same ratios, or seems to have....
The same holds true in map encounters.