• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Marble Manufactory

I've gotten the Traveling Merchant I which makes me larger amounts of Marble or Steel. I was thinking about getting rid of the Marble Manufactory Buildings (and MAYBE the Steel Manufactory Buildings as well) I have. Is there any reason I should keep them? Do having them figure in later in the Elvenar? I feel they're taking up space putting out so little product. I'm only getting 6 Marble (and 10 Steel) per production. Does the amount spike at higher Levels?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It looks like you are plank boosted for T1. Ideally, you want to only have plank factories and trade your excess for marble and steel. The amount of plank boost is going to depend on how many plank relics you have (check Main Hall relics tab). At max, your planks will make 7x more in the same period as marble and steel. Therefore, it's not worth the real estate or population to have non-boosted factories. Your fellowship should also be helping you out with trades. Traveling merchants gives you more unboosted than making them yourself, but not really necessary if you're in a functioning FS that helps and supports your trades.

Huor

In my personal opinion, I have found the traveling merchants to be a waste of space. Trading for your non-boosted goods is what the game is all about and the best way to secure what you need. Make more boosted and trade, trade, trade. Keep an eye out for event buildings and other special buildings that pop up in the MA such as an orc nest. These buildings/sets can sometimes give boosted factories a run for their money.

BrinDarby

@Frost Knight ,
this is a reoccuring theme in a couple of your posts, so let me go thru this.

you're plank boosted.... if thats you in ceravyn .. you're also CH3, so
I will be conservative and say you might be @ 300% boost by now .....
( if you aren't, I will be using that as a hypothetical )

Base T1 are.... planks 9, marble 9, steel 19..... ( steel is 2x2, not 2x1/1x2 )
lets just assume then they all three are 9 , for 2 tiles......
Boosted 9 -> 9+27 -> 36 ... so planks gives you 36 vs 9 of the other two.

Traveling Merchant is 2x3 or 6 tiles.... so right there if it doesn't give you
36x3 or basically 108, every 3 hours.... its inferior to production... Yes I do
understand, production also needs pop/culture.

By making just planks, and trading in your FS @ 1:1, effectively you
magically become boosted in everything T1...

As your boost grows to its Max 700% ( then later there other ways to help )
that 9 turns into 72.... very quickly even 1 small bldg can outperform a TM.

This is why everyone says, make ur boost & trade for the rest .....

Edit: if this is you on ceravyn, then check this out ...

Last edited:
@Frost Knight ,

Yes, I have a lot of crazy stuff in my town!!!

I'm mostly winging it, I don't fully understand Elvanar. Before this Autumn Zodiac Event, I had none of these crazy Buildings. And now that I do, I have way more Goods than I ever did before.

But my Steel and Marble Manufactory doesn't output much. Will that change later on? I don't want to invest Coins and Tools in Upgrading them if 5 Levels from now my Marble is only up to 11 and my Steel 15.

@Frost Knight ,

By the way, I didn't understand most of what you said. I hadn't planned on being heavily Plank-boosted. It was just dumb luck.

BrinDarby

Frost,
1st off , check that link , its everything you have now, differently organized ( u get more free ).
now if you click on your main hall, next click relics tab, it shows your boost %.
2nd, everyone is boosted in something, for you thats planks for Tier-1 basic goods.
( marble, planks, steel )

My math was using level-1 bldgs , let me use imaginary numbers to make it easier.
Also remember, your max boost will be 700% .... thats +700%

Lets say "basic production" is 100.... @ 300% boost, you get 400...
so if you have (2) planks , (2) marble , and (1) steel ... then collected
thats 800 planks , 200 marble, and 200 steel... for 2x2 of each.... (planks boosted)
but, if you instead have (6) planks (0) marble, (0) steel , collected
thats 4800 planks , 0 marble , & 0 steel ... and you trade @ 1:1 ( even steven )
1000 for marble and 1000 for steel ..... you end up with a grand total of ...
2800 planks , 1000 marble & 1000 steel........

Thats is ..... 800/200/200 versus 2800/1000/1000 for the exact same amount
of population/culture and space (tiles) used ......

as your boost % goes up , the more you're losing by not just making your
boosted goods, and trading for your non-boosted goods.

Yes, if your fellowship won't allow cross-tier trades, and u need lets say
T3 ( gems/elixer/dust ) and you haven't researched making/boosting T3 ,
then perhaps TraveningMerchant III might make sense.....

Does that help any ?

Gladiola

You are in a fellowship that does not produce much steel and mainly produces planks, so unless you have a neighbor who will trade steel for your planks it might make sense to have a traveling merchant 1. It's better value than having steel or marble factories. (Does not require culture or population, produces more per square than unboosted factories.)

In the long term you will need to rely on friendly neighbors or find a fellowship that can trade with you for your boosted goods (or find people to join your fellowship who have something other than planks).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As mentioned in the other thread, you might want to look into a new fellowship. Half the players in your current one are inactive and the other half is likely also trying to produce their own unboosted goods themselves too. If you are, that means your archmage and leadership team isn’t guiding the new cities along and your fellowship is full of them. That many inactives in a fellowship means the archmage is sleeping at the wheel and not a good sign. Nothing wrong with small cities, mind you. They can be quite productive and can even do some things much better than large cities, but they need guidance and it doesn’t sound like there is any in current FS. If you have made friends with any active members of your fellowship, then just leave together.

Huor

A good fellowship is worth it's weight in expansions! I haven't looked at your city but buildings from events that produce passive goods, population and culture can really help you out (good fellowship or no)! If you don't have room for buildings are they aren't producing what you need, trading planks/gold/supplies in the wholesaler for steel and marble while you decide what you need to do is not a bad option. Even though that wholesaler is a black market profiteer if I've ever seen one. lol.

Grid Gypsy

But my Steel and Marble Manufactory doesn't output much. Will that change later on? I don't want to invest Coins and Tools in Upgrading them if 5 Levels from now my Marble is only up to 11 and my Steel 15.

No, that will never change. However, you will soon need to build more second tier boosted manufactories, scrolls, which means you'll have to have the room that the non-boosted tier 1s are taking up. Eventually you will also need to add your third tiers as well, and why people keep telling you to get rid of the non-boosted manufactories, maybe add another plank manufactory or two, and trade for what you need in steel and marble. No one chooses their boosts, those are randomly assigned to you by the game when you first join. You just happened to roll planks at first tier, scrolls at second tier and magic dust at third tier. You might want to spend some time reading up on the game over at Elven Gems. Here's the link for the boosted goods section and there is more to be found on the left sidebar under basic strategy. https://elvengems.com/boosted-goods/

No, that will never change. However, you will soon need to build more second tier boosted manufactories, scrolls, which means you'll have to have the room that the non-boosted tier 1s are taking up. Eventually you will also need to add your third tiers as well, and why people keep telling you to get rid of the non-boosted manufactories, maybe add another plank manufactory or two, and trade for what you need in steel and marble. No one chooses their boosts, those are randomly assigned to you by the game when you first join. You just happened to roll planks at first tier, scrolls at second tier and magic dust at third tier. You might want to spend some time reading up on the game over at Elven Gems. Here's the link for the boosted goods section and there is more to be found on the left sidebar under basic strategy. https://elvengems.com/boosted-goods/

I'm actually already Manufacturing Scrolls as well as Crystals. Scrolls produce high, Crystals are getting better.

I cut back on my Plank Manufacturing, I used to have 7. But with every Upgrade, I received massive increases! So I cut down to 4. I used to have 6 Steel and 7 Marble as well. Cut back to 4 and 3.

Frost,
1st off , check that link , its everything you have now, differently organized ( u get more free ).
now if you click on your main hall, next click relics tab, it shows your boost %.
2nd, everyone is boosted in something, for you thats planks for Tier-1 basic goods.
( marble, planks, steel )

My math was using level-1 bldgs , let me use imaginary numbers to make it easier.
Also remember, your max boost will be 700% .... thats +700%

Lets say "basic production" is 100.... @ 300% boost, you get 400...
so if you have (2) planks , (2) marble , and (1) steel ... then collected
thats 800 planks , 200 marble, and 200 steel... for 2x2 of each.... (planks boosted)
but, if you instead have (6) planks (0) marble, (0) steel , collected
thats 4800 planks , 0 marble , & 0 steel ... and you trade @ 1:1 ( even steven )
1000 for marble and 1000 for steel ..... you end up with a grand total of ...
2800 planks , 1000 marble & 1000 steel........

Thats is ..... 800/200/200 versus 2800/1000/1000 for the exact same amount
of population/culture and space (tiles) used ......

as your boost % goes up , the more you're losing by not just making your
boosted goods, and trading for your non-boosted goods.

Yes, if your fellowship won't allow cross-tier trades, and u need lets say
T3 ( gems/elixer/dust ) and you haven't researched making/boosting T3 ,
then perhaps TraveningMerchant III might make sense.....

Does that help any ?

It does, thanks!

As far as that link, no go. It tried to kill my phone, lol

You are in a fellowship that does not produce much steel and mainly produces planks, so unless you have a neighbor who will trade steel for your planks it might make sense to have a traveling merchant 1. It's better value than having steel or marble factories. (Does not require culture or population, produces more per square than unboosted factories.)

In the long term you will need to rely on friendly neighbors or find a fellowship that can trade with you for your boosted goods (or find people to join your fellowship who have something other than planks).

My Fellowship has been very helpful trading with me. And I've gotten lots of Steel from them.

A good fellowship is worth it's weight in expansions! I haven't looked at your city but buildings from events that produce passive goods, population and culture can really help you out (good fellowship or no)! If you don't have room for buildings are they aren't producing what you need, trading planks/gold/supplies in the wholesaler for steel and marble while you decide what you need to do is not a bad option. Even though that wholesaler is a black market profiteer if I've ever seen one. lol.

Other than Marble and Steel, my town is producing well now, my Fellowship has helped me a lot (and the Archmage is active and encouraging the Fellowship to a re-surgence), and the Wholesaler is a big help.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As far as that link, no go. It tried to kill my phone
Basically, it just explains why boosted is always better.
To sum it up:

Your plank factory makes so much more than a steel or marble factory that you'd be better off giving 500 planks for 250 steel than producing 250 steel yourself. If you can trade planks for steel/marble at 1:1 (as you should) you'll reap even greater returns.

Imagine being an awesome apple farmer who can make 30 apples per day, or 10 pears, or 10 bananas per plot of land.
Instead of making 30 apples, 10 pears and 10 bananas (50 fruit total)
make 90 apples and trade 30+30 of them for the others (90 fruit total!)

Later in the game, it gets even more extreme where you can make 80+ apples compared to 10 bananas/pears