• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March 2022 Fellowship Adventure - Where's the Forbidden Ruins?

Deleted User - 849411552

OK, I'm ticked! In the March 2022 Fellowship Adventure, they have Boblin's and Echoes of the Forgotten in the "Tome of Ice and Fire" choices, but not Forbidden Ruins?

Boblin's ran extra long, so if anything it could have been dropped. But really, completion units for all three previous Events should have been included in the rewards for this Fellowship Adventure.

I think its time for me to reclaim all that real estate from Forbidden Ruins. For my purposes, it would be a pretty marginal set with all the buildings there, but with one missing it is next to useless!

David

Kadhrin

I am really hoping that the next building-set event has a prize that's a book with Forbidden Ruins options.
I have one city where I somehow got 2 extra buildings in that set, and it replaced a gem factory. But in another city where I'm missing a building, I haven't placed _anything_ from the set.

Deleted User - 849411552

Ah, thanks Quin, good to know! I've only had one other building set during my year with Elvenar and I had completed the set during the event - so I didn't run into this problem before. The silly thing was I was only two game board points from completing Forbidden Ruins.

Oh well, time for a little demolition! :cool:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Forbidden Ruins was a set of buildings. Boblin and Echoes of the Forgotten were evolving buildings. FAs give artifacts for evolving buildings as stage prizes. Set buildings are basically never FA stage prizes.
I don't see why not now that there are Tomes in Sorceries. You could win pieces for Pilgrim Set from whichever recent event recently passed. They could just as well give away Tomes for Forbidden Ruins in a FA. Maybe you have to wait for next Sorcerer's event for same theme?

Deleted User - 849411552

I am really hoping that the next building-set event has a prize that's a book with Forbidden Ruins options.
I have one city where I somehow got 2 extra buildings in that set, and it replaced a gem factory. But in another city where I'm missing a building, I haven't placed _anything_ from the set.
Well that would be nice if they did so.

Like you, I usually will not place an evolved building or set until I can complete it. But in this case I replaced the old Pilgrim's set with the Forbidden Ruins before it was complete because I was fed up with the Pilgrims (it was obtained at a very early chapter in the game).

So because the Forbidden Ruins is occupying space, I think I will go ahead with bulldozing it right now and not wait around for a possible completion building. There are lots of other ways to use the space! :)

Deleted User - 849411552

thats when you kick/scream as you pay :diamond:, and just suck it up.....
Ha ha! Well I don't think I want to go down that path - there's always so many other buildings competing for space. So I try to reserve diamonds exclusively for expansions.

Deleted User - 849411552

I don't see why not now that there are Tomes in Sorceries. You could win pieces for Pilgrim Set from whichever recent event recently passed. They could just as well give away Tomes for Forbidden Ruins in a FA. Maybe you have to wait for next Sorcerer's event for same theme?
Yes indeed!

But no, I wouldn't want to wait for that event to come around again in a year. By then, all my set buildings would be so many chapters back as to be next to useless. So its time for those Ruins to be ruined! :D

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well that would be nice if they did so.

Like you, I usually will not place an evolved building or set until I can complete it. But in this case I replaced the old Pilgrim's set with the Forbidden Ruins before it was complete because I was fed up with the Pilgrims (it was obtained at a very early chapter in the game).

So because the Forbidden Ruins is occupying space, I think I will go ahead with bulldozing it right now and not wait around for a possible completion building. There are lots of other ways to use the space! :)
If I were you, I'd teleport it into storage and wait to see if I get the last piece.

Deleted User - 849411552

If I were you, I'd teleport it into storage and wait to see if I get the last piece.
Well that would have required 5 teleports and I only have 4. But there's no way I would squander 5 teleports on that set if I had them, in the vague and distant hope that I might get the completing building, when by then the set would likely be so many chapters old as to have very little value.

No, that set is all gone now but I am actually delighted about it because I have finally been able to put all my winter stuff together, put down Boblin's Express Service, and upgrade two more of my Residences to maximum. Everything just fit together like it was meant to be!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well that would have required 5 teleports and I only have 4. But there's no way I would squander 5 teleports on that set if I had them, in the vague and distant hope that I might get the completing building, when by then the set would likely be so many chapters old as to have very little value.

No, that set is all gone now but I am actually delighted about it because I have finally been able to put all my winter stuff together, put down Boblin's Express Service, and upgrade two more of my Residences to maximum. Everything just fit together like it was meant to be!
Yeah, this is a game where you pick and choose what to keep. I remember I got a huge bowl of nuts building when I just started out in Chapter 1. For some reason, I hated to delete it, thinking I might want to update it in the future. I was so relieved when I finally had the courage to sell it. You gotta pick what matters to you.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yeah, this is a game where you pick and choose what to keep. I remember I got a huge bowl of nuts building when I just started out in Chapter 1. For some reason, I hated to delete it, thinking I might want to update it in the future. I was so relieved when I finally had the courage to sell it. You gotta pick what matters to you.
I completely understand this. The very first building I ever won in an event was a chapter 1 Halfling Carriage from the 2020 Valentine event. I still remember at the time being amazed at how much culture it provided. And although with the benefit of experience I now realize Halfling Carriage is not that great a building, at the time it truly was better than anything else available to me in ch 1! But I probably held onto it way longer than I should have out of sentimental value because it was my first prize. I think I was either ch 4 or 5 before I could make myself delete it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I probably held onto it way longer than I should have out of sentimental value because it was my first prize.
My Ch18 city still has the Crystal Unicorn I won in my first week, lol! It's no longer Ch1, but I'd have to check to see where it is (if I can even figure out which one it is now; I have a huge herd, lol!). I used unicorns for 'upgrade xx bldgs to lvl [whatever]' before I had enough 1x1's to do it cheaper.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I‘m sentimental about my Gingerbread Mansion. It was the first I was able to evolve all the way, so I keep using RRs. I just can’t bring myself to sell it.
If you have a fully evolved Gingerbread Mansion, why would you WANT to sell it? It is an excellent, efficient supplier of T2 goods. Plus a 3 value AW spell daily. And if you have way too many T2 goods, you would probably be better off teleporting a T2 manufactory out of the game and keeping Gingerbread Mansion.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan

I normally am not a fan of sets, but I think the Pilgrim's Set is great. Since you can't have multiple Moonstone Libraries anymore (unless developer glitch rotating artifacts out of Spire...please let that happen again), it gives you an extra CC each day. A lvl 5 MA can only make 4CC/day. Besides the Spire, the free diamonds are in the Mystery Object chest. Craft, craft, craft! The ginormous quantities of T1s the Pilgrim set gives are useful for supplementing your factories for event quests and bracelet making. I don't have a shortage of relics, but getting random relics is most convenient for the relentless "gather 23897287 relics" event quests. Very versatile set. A keeper!