• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March 2022 Fellowship Adventure - Where's the Forbidden Ruins?

Deleted User - 849411552

and if you had 50 teleports .... ??? or 150 Teleports ???

I think you are overlooking the power of sets like
F.Ruins, P.Manor, or A.Traders ......
Well I guess if the game operated by different rules, for example, if I could produce teleports in the Magic Academy, then the considerations would be different. But as it is teleports are rare and need to be used carefully.

I suspect that with an infinite supply of teleports I still would not want an unfinished set cluttering up my inventory. There's new buildings every month, more than I have space for in my city. I regularly cull out the old stuff that is too many chapters back to be worth using.

Yes, there's Royal Restorations of course, but again, not an infinite supply. I hate to think how many it would take to keep a large set upgraded. As it is, I use RRs for smaller buildings that for one reason or another I want to keep current.

I am well aware of what the various buildings produce. Hence I put the area occupied by this unfinished set to better use.

Deleted User - 849411552

I normally am not a fan of sets, but I think the Pilgrim's Set is great. Since you can't have multiple Moonstone Libraries anymore (unless developer glitch rotating artifacts out of Spire...please let that happen again), it gives you an extra CC each day. A lvl 5 MA can only make 4CC/day. Besides the Spire, the free diamonds are in the Mystery Object chest. Craft, craft, craft! The ginormous quantities of T1s the Pilgrim set gives are useful for supplementing your factories for event quests and bracelet making. I don't have a shortage of relics, but getting random relics is most convenient for the relentless "gather 23897287 relics" event quests. Very versatile set. A keeper!
Yes, the extra CC in the Pilgrim's Set was useful. My Pilgrim's Set was very low level - it may have been from the second event that I played. So the T1s were not that impressive.

But what I really didn't like was the animations! I could just imagine how disturbing it would be for that anvil to keep pounding 24/7 in my otherwise peaceful city. I could never find a place remote enough to put the set where it would not disturb the peace! :)

BrinDarby

Pilgrim's Manor gives 2 CC/day with full set ....
1 CC as a CC, and the relics for another CC.
Losing the last piece cuts that down to 1 CC/day.

Yes, losing the last piece of F.Ruins does lose the CC.

BOTH Sets ..... give T1 & T3 respectfully Forever ....
( just as AirTraders gives T2 , forever ) It don't matter
if you're CH4 or CH 14 , P.Woodworks gives planks,
Its not like you upgrade it and all of a sudden it gives
T2/T3 or anything else.... its planks now, and planks
10 chapters from now.

During F.Ruins, 1 of my 3 worlds hit a good RNG and
got silver and over 260.... my other 2 worlds paid 2250 :diamond:
to get there, yet one was 1 GP Pt short of silver, so I then
spent 500:diamond: for that 1 point, for a total of 5000:diamond:
That got all 3 worlds into silver, past 260 and an xtra
piece for both F.Ruins, and P.Manor in all 3.

I used buildup of diamonds over time, I did not spend $$.
Later on when that next expansion is >5000:diamond: , this purchase
will seem like a great deal.......

Pilgrims Manor and Forbidden Ruins are just too powerfull
not to pony up a bit of :diamond: for the full set. ( especially if you're
only 1 GP prize away from 260 or less )

Flashfyre

Yes, there's Royal Restorations of course, but again, not an infinite supply. I hate to think how many it would take to keep a large set upgraded. As it is, I use RRs for smaller buildings that for one reason or another I want to keep current.

I would argue that, given the fact that you only need to upgrade each chapter change (which could be a month or more, if you don't rush it), and the number of RRs that you can accumulate from Tourneys and/or MA crafting, it is emminently possible to keep a set updated as you go without too much trouble. It gets more difficult when you have a number of sets all vying for those RRs, though; I have 4 right now, and have to carefully consider which set, or part(s) of a set, I want to spend those RRs on.

Deleted User - 849411552

Pilgrim's Manor gives 2 CC/day with full set ....
1 CC as a CC, and the relics for another CC.
Losing the last piece cuts that down to 1 CC/day.

Yes, losing the last piece of F.Ruins does lose the CC.

BOTH Sets ..... give T1 & T3 respectfully Forever ....
( just as AirTraders gives T2 , forever ) It don't matter
if you're CH4 or CH 14 , P.Woodworks gives planks,
Its not like you upgrade it and all of a sudden it gives
T2/T3 or anything else.... its planks now, and planks
10 chapters from now.

During F.Ruins, 1 of my 3 worlds hit a good RNG and
got silver and over 260.... my other 2 worlds paid 2250 :diamond:
to get there, yet one was 1 GP Pt short of silver, so I then
spent 500:diamond: for that 1 point, for a total of 5000:diamond:
That got all 3 worlds into silver, past 260 and an xtra
piece for both F.Ruins, and P.Manor in all 3.

I used buildup of diamonds over time, I did not spend $$.
Later on when that next expansion is >5000:diamond: , this purchase
will seem like a great deal.......

Pilgrims Manor and Forbidden Ruins are just too powerfull
not to pony up a bit of :diamond: for the full set. ( especially if you're
only 1 GP prize away from 260 or less )
Interesting! Thank you for completing the picture on these sets, Brin.

This suggests to me that I will likely see a similar set in the future that combines CC and at least T1 goods. I will keep that in mind. :)

Deleted User - 849411552

I would argue that, given the fact that you only need to upgrade each chapter change (which could be a month or more, if you don't rush it), and the number of RRs that you can accumulate from Tourneys and/or MA crafting, it is emminently possible to keep a set updated as you go without too much trouble. It gets more difficult when you have a number of sets all vying for those RRs, though; I have 4 right now, and have to carefully consider which set, or part(s) of a set, I want to spend those RRs on.
Ah yes. Well our fellowship only gets to Level 5 or 6 in the Tournaments, so if I understand correctly, Magic Academy crafting of Royal Restorations is never an option for me. I get 2 or 3 RRs per week from the Tournaments so that works out to maybe 10 RRs per month. Events provide some RRs too.

So this means that I have a list of about 8 small buildings, each 4 tiles or less, that for one reason or another I keep current with RRs. Top of that list are the 3 small parts of the Moonstone Library.

I suppose I could seek out a more ambitious fellowship, but I am happy where I am. If it takes longer to get to the end of the story, I'm OK with that.

BrinDarby

( and I did spend :diamond: on Pilgrims Manor too. )
those 2 sets the only big purchaces Ive made in last 18 months.

Deleted User - 849411552

@David Dragonsage ,
If you only have 1 set of the moonestone.....
each chapter you can just recraft the pieces, no RRs need'd.
( yes you do have to sell off before you can recraft )
Oh really? So the pieces for the Moonstone Library will just mysteriously reappear in the Magic Academy for re-crafting? I'll definitely have to try that!
Thanks! :D

BrinDarby

yes, as long as you ( don't have ) any in inventory ( per bldg ) or
placed in your city.... they will keep reappearing in your MA to craft....

as with many things you can only have 1 of each, once you have 1
it won't appear/reappear for crafting...... ( mainly the evolve 4x4s, and Moonestone set )

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Oh really? So the pieces for the Moonstone Library will just mysteriously reappear in the Magic Academy for re-crafting? I'll definitely have to try that!
Thanks! :D
Yes they will reappear in the crafting rotation if you delete your existing Moonstone set. However, there is no guarantee how soon they will show up. I've heard of players waiting weeks to see a chance to craft the Moonstone Library. Also keep in mind that the Library itself is rather pricey to craft. I believe the cost is 12,000 spell fragments and 25 CCs. The other buildings in the set are not nearly as expensive to make. You might consider using RRs on the Library itself and making replacements for the smaller buildings of the set.

Deleted User - 849411552

yes, as long as you ( don't have ) any in inventory ( per bldg ) or
placed in your city.... they will keep reappearing in your MA to craft....

as with many things you can only have 1 of each, once you have 1
it won't appear/reappear for crafting...... ( mainly the evolve 4x4s, and Moonestone set )
Do you happen to know if the chess set works this way too?

Deleted User - 849411552

Yes they will reappear in the crafting rotation if you delete your existing Moonstone set. However, there is no guarantee how soon they will show up. I've heard of players waiting weeks to see a chance to craft the Moonstone Library. Also keep in mind that the Library itself is rather pricey to craft. I believe the cost is 12,000 spell fragments and 25 CCs. The other buildings in the set are not nearly as expensive to make. You might consider using RRs on the Library itself and making replacements for the smaller buildings of the set.
Yes, I remember it took a while for the Library to appear the first time - and it was pricey. Still, its back at Chapter 5 and I'll soon be in Chapter 12. I'll think I'll take a chance on deleting it once I'm in Chapter 12. I'll save up the resources for it in the meantime.

BrinDarby

I get 2 or 3 RRs per week from the Tournaments
even my 10 chest FS only gets 5 RRs/week, but we also get a BluePrint.
BPs are worth 10 RRs. That being said, you're CH 11 and not in a 10c FS ?
You might consider finding a different FS that better meets your needs.

Flashfyre

It does. I got rid of mine a few chapters ago because I needed the space and had better buildings for what it was producing. Now, at least every day I get the option to craft one of the pieces. I'm thinking of re-crafting it, just to get it out of the rotation, and open up a few other items (like artifacts) for more frequent chances.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It does. I crafted the pieces of the chess set just to get them out of the rotation so I can see other buildings more often. Even if they are just sitting in my inventory unused they will stop appearing in the Magic Academy once crafted.