• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March Fellowship Adventure

LutherTheHairy

If we jump to a different color via a waypoint, is that a big no no?

You get more points this way if you want to see how high a fellowship ranking you get. (Points are otherwise not worth anything. There are small prizes in the top 100, but nothing of note really.) One argument for choosing the blue path is it is easier to access all the strategic waypoints if you want to fill just them, which is frankly a better use of badges points wise than the Bottomless Pit after stage 3.

Nectar of the Gods

If the FA ever starts my FS is doing Green/Green/Green. Though truthfully my peeps will go crazy and clear most of the waypoints in all of the paths on all 3 stages--because they can. But if we only did one path it would be Green in all stages this time around and I hold them to completing Green before any other path. That makes sure we take a stage if there is a badge issue.

Statues are not a horrible badge. If you do your prep to collect Statues and Blacksmiths when the tourney first starts then it makes those badges doable. I'd much rather deal with Statues than Arcane Residue or Bracelets. The Arcane Residue badge needs to go away. It is a horrible badge that requires too many resources and time to make.

The total for all three stages of Arcane Residue is 178 badges. Pain in the behind. If you don't have your MA upgraded all the way it is in your best interests to use diamonds to do so. It will help you throughout your game play, but during an FA it makes a ton of difference.

I sure hope there is a message in the morning announcing the start of the FA on Thursday. I hope they have their glitch fixed now so we can get this show on the road.

Silver Lady

I congratulate any fs that can successfully direct their fs to switch paths

I concur. Any FS that can do that needs mega congrats. The difficulty of negotiating between waypoints from one path to another (just trying to keep everyone on path is a challenge) along with the difficulty of tracking and placing badges highlights the need for better in game tools to really make the FA a truly interactive group activity.

Crow Last Elf

Curious what ratio of workshops to T1 people use

It depends on the path(s) you are completing. For the last FA, I estimated that if my fs wanted to complete Org in Stage 1/Org in S2/Grn in S3, I needed an average of 6 workshops, 3 level 1 T1 manus, and 2 max level boosted T1 manus. Edit to add that the total needed for the entire fs was 146 ws, 63 lvl 1 T1, 36 max level T1, a ratio of 16:7:4

In order to do All/All/Grn, I estimated 12 ws, 6 level 1 T1 manus, and 3 max level boosted T1 manus per player (edit to correct numbers). Looks like that is a 4:2:1 ratio

Last edited:

Magvenar

Elvengems has a list of what’s needed for each path, but it’s different from the link I found on the forum (to Facebook). For example, first item stage 1, dwarven brews is 11 orange path, but Facebook list says 9. All numbers are different. Where do you all get your info for what’s needed?

Soleil Nightbloom

This might be a really stupid question but, is anyone starting to prep now without the announcement being made yet? I’ve been waiting for the announcement before I start helping my fellowship prep. The only thing I’ve done is take a vote if anyone wants to participate in it, and the majority of my fellowship wants to do it. I just want us to be setup for success

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
first item stage 1, dwarven brews is 11 orange path, but Facebook list says 9
ElvenGems has an explanation about badge totals and how the totals for all paths are fewer than it would appear from the number of badges listed for each individual path. They include the start flag in the total number of badges needed for each path. Stage 1 start flag requires 2 brewers, so those are included in each of the individual path color listings. For orange only, it's 2 brewers for start flag and 9 brewers for all the orange dots, making the total needed to do just the orange path 11. Facebook doesn't include the start flag in path totals but instead has a statement at the bottom of each stage giving the start flag badge requirements.
is anyone starting to prep now without the announcement being made yet?
We started prepping for a Tuesday launch. Got the in-game announcement when I logged in this morning (about 30 min ago)that it launches Thursday.

Chili Mac

Kind of Inno-y of Inno not to give a full 48 hours head start. I used to have 2-day productions ready for collection at the opening bell

Nectar of the Gods

I hear the rewards are too small to bother to use diamonds or to bother too much at all.
I doubt many people play the FA for the prizes. I suppose some play it for the artifacts to complete their evolving building from the previous event, though. If you complete stage 2 and 3, then you will get 2 artifacts as each of those two stages has 1 artifact for that sleigh thing. (I can't currently remember what it is called as I haven't much interest in it and I'm too rushed on time to look it up.) People like the AW instants, Carting Library, Ferris Wheel, and Time Instants, too. Honestly, prizes have been worse in the past.

But the prizes are not the draw. The FAs are actually a team building exercise, helping develop skills for the FS to work together to reach a goal. And some people have loads of fun with it, not because of the prizes in the chests at the end of the stages. It is fun to work together to clear a stage and to see how far the FS can get. Last FA my FS made 6th place. That beat a previous placement of 10th place. It is about working toward a goal together and having fun together. If it was just for the prizes I doubt most people would play it.

When I spoke of spending diamonds I was talking about spending diamonds to upgrade the Magic Academy. Doing so makes a great deal of difference, not only for the FA but for the regular city play when the FA isn't going on, which is most of the time. It takes diamonds to upgrade it all the way--and it is worth it. Spending diamonds otherwise on the FA to make badges? Nah. I know some people do it. It's their diamonds (and sometimes money) and they can spend it as they wish to spend it. I tell my people if they are going to spend diamonds on something, make it count. A fully upgraded MA counts.

Happy gaming.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Doesn't that hurt troop training, am curious about this idea!!
Yes, your training size goes wayyy down so you won't be able to train many troops that week. But if you decide to focus on FA and just do the minimums required on other things (for me, 1600 points in tourney and bronze in spire) then I don't really care whether I can train troops that week or not. We always have a glut of elvarian guard badges in my fellowship, so they don't need mine and it sure frees up a ton of space.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I concur. Any FS that can do that needs mega congrats. The difficulty of negotiating between waypoints from one path to another (just trying to keep everyone on path is a challenge) along with the difficulty of tracking and placing badges highlights the need for better in game tools to really make the FA a truly interactive group activity.
That's one of the reasons why we just do everything. It is SOOO hard to keep people from throwing away badges, even important badges like blacksmiths, on wrong paths. We just do all three to avoid that. Luckily I've got a fellowship that loves the FA. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Doesn't that hurt troop training, am curious about this idea!!
Yes, your training size goes wayyy down so you won't be able to train many troops that week
Just a little clarification on this: Removing armories does not reduce how many troops you can make per week directly.

Using the simplest of numbers:
  1. If your barracks can make 10 archers in 10 hours with 10 armories( that's 1 per hour), then
  2. Your barracks will make 1 archer in 1 hour with zero armories- (that's still 1 per hour)
So the only difference is that with 10 armories you have to open your barracks and queue up troops every 10 hours so that it keeps working all the time vs with zero armories you have to open it up and re-queue every hour so there will be "down time" if you sleep.
In either situation, you can still make 1 archer per hour max.

To run a test yourself clear your training cue and fill it up with and without your armories connected to your mainhall by road.
You can also use this calculator: www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc