• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Market is weak

DeletedUser415

Greetings gamers,

Why is the market so weak in World 1?

I am a new player and there are very few trades available in market.

Game has come to a grinding halt and not much fun to play.

Thanks,
K1LR0Y

DeletedUser

It will get a little better as you explore more and discover more neighbors. I suggest posting trades for your boosted goods to encourage more trade in your neighborhood. As you give neighborly help and get it, it may also help to open dialogue with your neighbors about what they have available for trade.

DeletedUser

Try offering your goods at a 50% discount. This will enable people who have not yet scouted you to trade 1:1 with you.

i.e. offer 75 steel for 50 marble. Neighbors who have not yet scouted you will see this trade as 75 marble for 75 steel.

I've been doing this with great success - I've managed to get 2000-3000 tier 2 goods by selling my silk at a discount.

DeletedUser

It is important to know that the market you see at the trader is NOT a global market. It is a local market with a radius depending on how much you have scouted (i.e. how far away from your town you have discovered provinces). They changed how this distance issue worked not too long ago and have not told us (at least to my knowledge) exactly how it works now.

I guess the bottom line is this: don't get discouraged if you can't see the trades you need. Post your own trade and someone "far away" may pick up your trade, especially if you follow Avon's advice.

DeletedUser

Can't say that I like the Trade system for this game. On the plus side it is simple. On the downside it depends far too much on players near you being active. If you are in a bad spot on the map, you are out of luck.

Shanarias

What I find annoying in the market is that one player has about 30 pages of trades up currently, most of which are duplicated ad infinitum. I find it annoying enough that I just will not trade with him today. Probably not tomorrow either. He acts like he is the only source for goods, and has priced them accordingly.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I have a neighbor like that as well; 300% trade off in 'her' favor, and she tends to do pages on pages of trades when she's active. I get trying to make a profit, but that's insane. I'm wondering if the players come from MMO backgrounds, where it's pretty common to upsell like that, and folks WILL buy because they tend to have the coin for it ( as opposed to other resources they also need).

For my part, I try to offer 100 of my stuff for 75 of theirs of the same level. It seems to work pretty decently.

DeletedUser

Well, I normally do 80%. I thought the game charged about 20%? (If I am wrong here, someone let me know.)

Yeah, I need more gems. The only person near me who sells is price gouging (one star and still far enough away that I have to pay that fee). I will sooner trade with the Wholesaler than with anyone who price gouges.

I even keep a few different tier trades going with set with decent rates.

DeletedUser

Anyone who has any kind of complaint about trading should totally watch the latest InnoGames TV! They are finally going to tackle the trading problem with the guild system which they call 'fellowship'. There's no trading fee in the guild. And we can certainly choose members providing different varieties of goods and not gouging;)

DeletedUser

Yay! Yeah, really bad ones are the ones that don't even get a star rating. Lot of the 1 star ones are pretty bad too.

DeletedUser

The biggest obstruction to decent trade networks is: 25% of players are inactive with a total score of 0, 20% are inactive with a score between 1 and 25, and 30% are active but do not have the capacity to produce and trade on a measurable scale. This leaves 25% of us who are actually capable of participating in the trade network, and probably more than half of that group don't bother. So yeah, with only about 10% of us even trying to push trades, it's going to suck. I posted a a suggestion to purge low-level towns faster, because of the above numbers and their impact on the overall game.

DeletedUser

Well, I normally do 80%. I thought the game charged about 20%? (If I am wrong here, someone let me know.)

It's actually a 50% fee, so a 20% discount (100M for 80L) roughly splits the difference. (They see 100M for 120L and the server eats 40L when they accept.)

DeletedUser

The biggest obstruction to decent trade networks is: 25% of players are inactive with a total score of 0, 20% are inactive with a score between 1 and 25, and 30% are active but do not have the capacity to produce and trade on a measurable scale. This leaves 25% of us who are actually capable of participating in the trade network, and probably more than half of that group don't bother. So yeah, with only about 10% of us even trying to push trades, it's going to suck. I posted a a suggestion to purge low-level towns faster, because of the above numbers and their impact on the overall game.

I think in my neighborhood the percentage of active people could even go lower, but who will care? We're going to have the guild system as introduced in the latest InnoGames TV! So 10% of us can just join the guild and trade with each other freely;)

DeletedUser

Ahhh ... so my 500 Silk for 300 Scrolls or Crystals isn't bad. Can't wait for the Guild system.

DeletedUser

@mitheral the exchange rate isn't bad, but the amount in the stack may be a bit much for a lot of players who don't have a stockpile going. I know that when I was working on growing the city, building (And clearing provinces) ate a lot of resources that could not then be traded in market if I would have needed them, so usually stacks of 100 were about the best that could be done. So if you're still having trouble making trades, maybe downsize the stacks and see if that helps them move any faster.

DeletedUser61

I don't think it's a spoiler any more, given that InnoGames announced Fellowships in their July YouTube spot at https://www.youtube.com/user/InnoGames

An appropriate remedy is at hand. We'll have non-fee trades with other players in the same fellowship, regardless of their location,
and it looks like we'll have a fellowship high level way to polish other players without drilling all the way down to their full cities.

DeletedUser

Yeah ... my stacks sell quick enough. But maybe some smaller ones.

DeletedUser

I use a 5:4 ratio, I offer 100, ask for 80 for level 1 goods, offer 50, ask for 40 level 2. I lose 20%, they pay an extra 20%. Split the pain. And it is only 40% total if you look at it right, instead of 50% the trader gets.
Also another game these guys run, Grepolis, you can take part of a trade. The offer might be 5000 of something but you only want 500, it cuts down on pages of duplicate offers from one person, it does still happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I use a 5:4 ratio, I offer 100, ask for 80 for level 1 goods, offer 50, ask for 40 level 2. I lose 20%, they pay an extra 20%. Split the pain. And it is only 40% total if you look at it right, instead of 50% the trader gets.
Also another game these guys run, Grepolis, you can take part of a trade. The offer might be 5000 of something but you only want 500, it cuts down on pages of duplicate offers from one person, it does still happen.

I usually trade at 5/4 or 6/5. Neighbors close enough to avoid the fee are always appreciative.
You should post about that trade mechanic under Suggestions!

DeletedUser511

If its the resource I have the big bonus for I do even trade. If I ask for more then what im giving Im ripping people off.