• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Masquerade Event - Info Sheet and Player Feedback

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Apparently you aren't aware of how developers typically track metrics. They don't count how many people finished, they count how many people participated,
Inno is winning accolades, not only in the gaming company community, but in the general business community for the extent and detail of their metrics. They aren't looking for "yes-man" answers, they are looking for what makes them money. If every single player does one quest of the event, but only 22% finish the whole thing, they will know it.

DeletedUser6943

So I am on the Hail to the grace quest number 10 and its asking me to produce marble mosaics 3 time which i did but its also asking me to produce precious rings 3 times and produce wooden figurines 3 times...I produce marble do i need to make 3 of those building just to produce those three things and delete them after? is this a bug?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So I am on the Hail to the grace quest number 10 and its asking me to produce marble mosaics 3 time which i did but its also asking me to produce precious rings 3 times and produce wooden figurines 3 times...I produce marble do i need to make 3 of those building just to produce those three things and delete them after? is this a bug?
Sadly, nope, it's a thrilling new quest to make us extra excited.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I've been going through a lot of tools lately.
( I just researched residence upgrade in Orcs and I'm building houses as fast as possible)
So I decided to place the Part 1 grand prize.
Forget all this debate about usefulness and culture per block and all that silliness.
It is pretty as heck and therefore worth winning.

DeletedUser8192

Man I don't know how the heck I can get 18 relics..My armies keep getting their butts kicked even on medium fights (with upgrades) and I am not going to negotiate all the fights and burn my resources..Bummer. Not sure what happened but it is crazy how I suddenly can't fight without losing 5x troop count or more in just 2-3 fights..

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Man I don't know how the heck I can get 18 relics..My armies keep getting their butts kicked even on medium fights (with upgrades) and I am not going to negotiate all the fights and burn my resources..Bummer. Not sure what happened but it is crazy how I suddenly can't fight without losing 5x troop count or more in just 2-3 fights..
Have you tried the tournament?

DeletedUser2824

@ShneekeyTheLost
You're going to love this:
index.php

Suddenly, I fear for our future. O_O

DeletedUser6372

I sense a disturbance in the force, as if thousands of palms suddenly met faces, then walked away in disgust forever.

Inno is winning accolades, not only in the gaming company community, but in the general business community for the extent and detail of their metrics. They aren't looking for "yes-man" answers, they are looking for what makes them money. If every single player does one quest of the event, but only 22% finish the whole thing, they will know it.
[citation needed]

DeletedUser8847

OK I had to built 3 plank manufactories and 3 steel manufactories to proceed in the event.
Is it necesary to all or is there another way to get those that event is asking?

FROM FREIA.jpg

Thistleknot

I highly discourage requiring definitively BAD city building decisions to get it, and setting a precedence for MANDATING creating throw-away buildings to complete events.

ShneekeyTheLost,
I can agree with this. While for me this is a minor irritation, it is a bad precedence to set. The main issue here is what Soggy brings up. As a group, we promote building only boosted goods manufactories and tell people to trade for your non-boosted goods. The quest that requires building non-boosted manufactories is counter to this promotion and might cause confusion in newer players.

However building throw-away buildings is not so far fetched from what people do already to get through events more quickly. There have been plenty of walk-throughs that suggest building a handful of buildings before the event to be able to complete certain stages. Now typically these buildings are boosted manufactories, but that doesn't have to be the case. I have seen it suggested and have done the following myself on larger events:

Build 4 Tier1 manufactories. Set for 1-day productions. Wait for quest to collect 4 1-day productions. Wait for quest to upgrade 4 buildings to level 3. Upgrade these 4 manufactories. Set for 1-day productions again. Wait for quest to collect 4 1-day productions. Wait for quest to upgrade 4 buildings to level 5. Upgrade these 4 manufactories. Event completes and buildings get sold off.

While this series is voluntary, it is exactly what the quest in the event is asking.

Apparently you aren't aware of how developers typically track metrics. They don't count how many people finished, they count how many people participated, which generally involves how many people complete at least one quest, which is something they record and can refer to.
If this is true, then you have a serious problem. The only way for you not to participate is to not spend KP for a week. Are you that committed to your protest?

Thistleknot

DeletedUser4195

However building throw-away buildings is not so far fetched from what people do already to get through events more quickly. There have been plenty of walk-throughs that suggest building a handful of buildings before the event to be able to complete certain stages. Now typically these buildings are boosted manufactories, but that doesn't have to be the case. I have seen it suggested and have done the following myself on larger events:

Build 4 Tier1 manufactories. Set for 1-day productions. Wait for quest to collect 4 1-day productions. Wait for quest to upgrade 4 buildings to level 3. Upgrade these 4 manufactories. Set for 1-day productions again. Wait for quest to collect 4 1-day productions. Wait for quest to upgrade 4 buildings to level 5. Upgrade these 4 manufactories. Event completes and buildings get sold off.

While this series is voluntary, it is exactly what the quest in the event is asking.

I agree...the objections being raised are just people making an issue out of a non-issue. I'm boosted in steel and many times have used marble mf's to satisfy a quest requirement because they're fast to build and upgrade. Had you visited my city yesterday you would have seen marble and planks mf's. Today they're gone and in their place sits Baroness Estrella's Masquerade

Perhaps all of the people you've "trained' to produce boosted goods only also need to be "trained" to use common sense. Especially when it comes to quest completion requirements. You build what you need to satisfy a required task, then sell it when you've completed the quest. It's not really that difficult to figure out.

I don't believe this sets any kind of precedent at all as it's only a temporary requirement for quest fulfilment. The first part of this quest was too easy, but I can understand some people wanting it easier still. How about a quest where you don't have to build anything out of the ordinary, don't have to produce anything you normally wouldn't, don't need population or culture to complete, don't need to juggle anything for space to place the reward building(s), and have the reward give you whatever you want on an hourly basis? Happy then? Somehow I doubt it.

DeletedUser3507

Common sence would be that they do not require us to build non boosted manufacturies jesh get a life, and the room that halfling requires leaves me no wiggle room 0 space.

Sure I built them before for task but to be required to do so is a whole different argument.

If you choose too do something is much different from being forced to do it... End of argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't believe this sets any kind of precedent at all as it's only a temporary requirement for quest fulfilment.
Have you seen this?
1 of ea marble.png
Sounds like it won't be a "temporary requirement". Granted we don't know what "won't be absolutely necessary" means, but it doesn't sound good. If it means keeping 1 level 1 marble forever, no big deal. But if it means adding this to your city
1 of ea t-13.png
That's kinda gross.

Last edited: