• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Masquerade Event - Info Sheet and Player Feedback

DeletedUser5467

I just got totally screwed. the last quest is 18 relics so I did a couple providences to get them but I had not completed the very first quest to research advanced scouts so now the prize is only at orc level as I am entering woodelves.

SassKatt

Assuming you can log in several times a day. Otherwise it's three days for the 3x3 hours and a fourth day for the 24 hour.
Not everyone that has computer access at work can log on to the game from work. There are firewall restrictions that if breached are fireable offenses.
Also, having to build the non-boosted can be a problem if you happen to be population challenged at the moment awaiting getting to the population research to be able to create more. I have one FS member who had to sell to make room for W&D buildings before the event started that is pop negative and can't build due to waiting on the research.
There are definitely problems with having to build non-boosted factories.

DeletedUser3821

But they're for another event, so they're still considered temporary, right? I can see where this is a very inconvenient thing for a lot of players, especially in later chapters where extra space is a huge issue, but they're T E M P O R A R Y. I think the Devs are just trying new things out, seeing what will fly and what won't. All the more reason to leave them feedback here. I like it better than having, say, 20 level 1 workshops set up for an event. Takes up less space...but that's just me. These temporary buildings will disappear as soon as the quests are done and the event finished. My fellowship had no trouble understanding that this is an exception to the rule of boosted goods only buildings. ;)

DeletedUser3507

Developers have lost it in my opinion, non boosted manufacturies goes against the last 18 months I have been playing and with the space required in Halflings I ended up having to remove culture just to put them in, I had 115 pop left after upgrading my tier 3 to lvl 23. And this just about didn't work.

Developers please knock off the non boosted goods concept.:mad::mad::mad::mad: weirdness no one likes or appreciates this bull poo.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10594

Well, I played the quest right up to the point where it required non-boosted manufacturies. I refuse to keep them, and I'm not going to buy them for a temporary thing like this. I also think that the rewards are worthless. So, the quest gets two thumbs down from me.

DeletedUser2824

This new requirement for non-boosted factories is a whole 'nother can of worms they just opened. -_- I completed the event because I had a little extra room to build them, but those who have a full city are screwed. I had a couple of my pups say they had to delete something to make room for something I've encouraged them to get rid of in the past. I like a reasonable challenge, but since the core challenge of this game already is space, I don't think the event challenges should be counter-intuitive to that.

DeletedUser8192

I hate having to tear stuff down, perhaps if the Devs would allow us the ability to rotate our buildings when first building them, instead of making everything face the same way, we could maximize our space more and be able to have non-boosted as needed.
(Or allow us to pay gold to rotate them after being built, no darn diamonds please.)

That being said, this went form a "serious" game for me, to a "tinker" game when Tech. flat refused to correct a situation even with photo's attached, so who really cares lol..
( I hate "gamers/devs" that only concern themselves with money, and they can buy their luxury items thanks to someone else's wallet.)

I do still like reading the stuff here though, some of you really crack me the heck up :D

Thistleknot

Looks like my fellowship is much more accepting. Most of the comments were either "minor irritation" or "no big deal." We all did the build and just moved on from there. Tier 1 builds are easy enough. Hopefully they won't go beyond that.

The Unbeliever

The near constant stream of events is why I *always* leave at least a bit of spare room in my cities.
Not only does it make general growing-re-arranging much easier, but it's also the only way I even get through most of these events. ;)

DeletedUser

The implication is that the new Fellowship adventures will be happening fairly regularly, so we might be building and destroying them every couple of weeks.

Yup. I plan on keeping a few around permanently, so I shaved off a bit of culture here and there. I'll live...but then, my highest cities are only Chapter 3, so I can afford the space. Boggles the mind what you higher-level folk have to deal with. :eek:

DeletedUser2824

Well, I'll be finishing up part two tomorrow. Overall the quests ran all right. They felt much like a lot of our prior events. I think the biggest problem for part two was the amount of time we had to complete it. Part one was short, but the quests were pretty easy. Part two was much harder, but we still only had a short amount of time to complete it (we won't talk about the sloppy way they rushed it out to the live servers). The only reason I'll be able to finish it is because I'm in between chapters right now and had space to build a bunch of workshops. A lot of others won't be able to because they just can't complete that many 9 hour then day productions in such a short amount of time.

Like I said, space is already the core challenge of this game, so I feel the events ought to compliment that, not be counter-intuitive to it. For those in the middle of a chapter, chances are very high they don't have a lot of extra space lying around to build extra building to help out in the event because they've used most of it trying to maximize the efficiency of their city. So they are using what they already have. If the prize is worth it, most of us don't mind slowing down our regular operations to fulfill the events. Cranking out supplies and goods and coins are things we want to do anyway, so even if we have to sacrifice some three hour productions to do a couple day productions, if the prize has better culture or mana and such then anything else we can buy in our current chapter, we'll call it a good investment and enjoy the break from the day to day monotony.

Things like "upgrade xxx buildings to level four" are not really in the best interests of a player who is trying to optimize their city. Unless it's someone still just starting out who needs to get a few building up to level 4 anyway, all that this quest does is force someone to build up a few buildings before tearing them down because they don't need them. That's counter productive. And for those who don't have the space to build extra buildings anyway, they're screwed. Slowing down we can do. Tearing something that we need down to make room for something we don't need, or rather, having to start from scratch with it again? Not something we care to do. That sets us back more than it's worth. Especially for higher chapters when you'll have to upgrade your buildings back up to 20 or more. How many resources get wasted in that venture I wonder?

I'm glad they're trying new things. Some of them will be good ideas, others not so much. The pay quests, while an interesting idea, didn't turn out to be a very good idea in practice. I don't even want to think about what they're planning with non-boosted factory requirements... :eek:
Quests that encourage activity are good. Things like spend (not pay) and gain xxx resources, as well as using the trader are things we need to be doing and will help us grow. We need more quests that encourage growth.

Honestly though, with the "solve xx encounters or gain xx relics", I believe the 'encounter' part of it is rather unnecessary. You can gain relics several different ways, including solving encounters in a providence, so why trick us into thinking you're giving us two options?o_O

As far as the instants go, I like them. Even the minute time reductions ones can have their uses; late night, need to get to bed, and you just have a couple of minutes left on your factories... I do think it would be nice to see more of the hour ones, and I'd like to see ones that reduced time by several hours. Certainly they shouldn't be common, but I also don't think they should be uber rare or anything. In later chapters when your buildings take 16 or 20 hours + to upgrade, a three hour time reduction once in awhile is hardly a game breaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(the sloppy way they rushed it out to the live servers).

...was because Beta was still working out bugs in the new Fellowship Adventures feature and the devs didn't want to delay the start of part 2. There's only one Beta server, so we can't test two events at the same time.

DeletedUser7421

Why on earth would ANYONE want to build and keep a non-boosted factory.
1. Fellowship and neighbor shortage of a good - controlled by the developers placement of cities on the world map.
2. To complete an event quest - controlled by the developers also.

3. Why? - to "encourage", which really means force, more people to spend more real money.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
...was because Beta was still working out bugs in the new Fellowship Adventures feature and the devs didn't want to delay the start of part 2. There's only one Beta server, so we can't test two events at the same time.
That's the reason, but it's still a little sloppy. They could have delayed fellowship adventures another couple of weeks, or they could have delayed part two of the masquerade.
Their justification is that there is no new code so it doesn't need testing, which might be true, or might not if the main prize itself (or delivery thereof) is bugged in some way.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That's the reason, but it's still a little sloppy. They could have delayed fellowship adventures another couple of weeks, or they could have delayed part two of the masquerade.
I've never been clear on why anything needs to be released within a certain timeframe. Says who? Why?
Is Inno telling it's subsidiary Elvenar "You must have x events per year" or something? Even if that is how the corporation is set up, I have trouble picturing the shot callers deciding that fast and sloppy is best.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've never been clear on why anything needs to be released within a certain timeframe. Says who? Why?
Is Inno telling it's subsidiary Elvenar "You must have x events per year" or something? Even if that is how the corporation is set up, I have trouble picturing the shot callers deciding that fast and sloppy is best.
Large groups always develop inertia. Once they decide on a date it can be a real chore to change it. They might want them in place when students start returning from Summer vacation to make sure there are more hooks to keep people playing. There may have been some advertising tied to GenCon and they don't want the leads from that to go cold before it deploys. I wish they'd pushed it back a month, but it doesn't surprise me they don't want to.