• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Meet Sir Squirrel ~

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
@Sir Squirrel ~Bout 5 weeks ago , while walk-in thru the park this precious baby was found . He was bout 3in . And totally pink … didn’t think he’d survive but I was wrong
His name ….. Sir Squirrel of course , in your honor !!!
His eyes are almost open …. And he’s alil pig at heart !!
3414F6EA-5E6F-4E75-9A9F-1AF825CC93A4.jpeg

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I meant actually make one to strap on the squirrel. He's letting you hold him! Halloween is coming. My skillset is strictly limited to the digital realm. I am far less crafty than I am handy on a computer. I do not trust myself around tools and sharp objects.

muffy.

I meant actually make one to strap on the squirrel. He's letting you hold him! Halloween is coming. My skillset is strictly limited to the digital realm. I am far less crafty than I am handy on a computer. I do not trust myself around tools and sharp objects.
Lolol … maybe I could make him alil jacket like @Sir Squirrels lol

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Lolol … maybe I could make him alil jacket like @Sir Squirrels lol
It’s not a jacket! One doth not enter a battle wearing a lil jacket. He’s wearing armor (crafted by best dwarves probably). Help set her straight @Sir Squirrel. I feel like you’ll get hurt trying to strap a jacket on a squirrel though. Live cam feed please. Subscribed.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Cute, certainly. As a pet? May not be a good idea.

The thing is they are not a domestic animal and thus have habits/instincts that can make them dangerous. Biting any thing and any one at any time, is normal for squirells. And they can carry many diseases, especially if they are older (and/or exposed to "wild" squirells). Once they are a part of your home they lose their natural instincts so that if you release them into the wild, they die. Sad, but true.

So, like I said, "cute" but as a pet? Think twice.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Once they are a part of your home they lose their natural instincts so that if you release them into the wild, they die. Sad, but true.

AJ
Well then what do you advise? It was clearly stated in the original post that the squirrel was found as an abandoned baby and rescued. You say don't keep it as a pet but also say if released back into the wild then it will probably die. This does not leave many options unless a zoo or wildlife sanctuary is willing to take it in.

muffy.

Cute, certainly. As a pet? May not be a good idea.

The thing is they are not a domestic animal and thus have habits/instincts that can make them dangerous. Biting any thing and any one at any time, is normal for squirells. And they can carry many diseases, especially if they are older (and/or exposed to "wild" squirells). Once they are a part of your home they lose their natural instincts so that if you release them into the wild, they die. Sad, but true.

AJ
Yes as a pet … had he been left , his death was no question . He will be a perfect pet . He deserves that life after losing his momma .
I love all animals , if I could keep them all I would. There’s nothing more sincere then an animals love.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yes as a pet … had he been left , his death was no question . He will be a perfect pet . He deserves that life after losing his momma .
I love all animals , if I could keep them all I would. There’s nothing more sincere then an animals love.
I agree. Perhaps taking him to a shelter where they can care for him with the idea of re-introducing him to the wild would be a better option. Such shelters are pretty easy to find. Just an idea. But, in any case, as you suggest, it's better to live a pet than be eaten by a passing eagle.
AJ

muffy.

I agree. Perhaps taking him to a shelter where they can care for him with the idea of re-introducing him to the wild would be a better option. Such shelters are pretty easy to find. Just an idea. But, in any case, as you suggest, it's better to live a pet than be eaten by a passing eagle.
AJ
Thank you AJ . We have a vet here strictly for wildlife . They gave me the formula and stuff he needs so far . If it comes down to me not being able to offer him the best , they will take him . They get all types of abandoned wildlife babies and if you are registered with them you can care for the babies at home to help them out. They help me out a lot since I have this silly need to care and help out animals lolol. I’m hoping for a baby deer one day lol. I really wish I was Noah

muffy.

UPDATE ON SIR SQUIRREL ~
Growing fast and is just the sweetest
F0770AA8-0D51-41A7-86AD-73C4F10313E3.jpeg

shimmerfly

There’s nothing more sincere then an animals love.
and he is adorable. I've knowm people with them as pets from babies and they have never been biten. I used to have a Wildlife License but let it expire when I could no longer devote myself to it due to time. Under your care and with the Vets help he is flourishing!
Most of the time a mother squirrel will come rescue the baby if it falls. They do this by rolling the baby up in a ball and carry them ( with some difficulty) back to the nest, I've seen this happen and it is amazing.
CHeers to you Lady Muffy!