• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

? Members Ripped Off by BAD Trades ?

Have you ever realized you made a bad trade and been unable to undo the bad trade?

• Total voters

T6583

I'm not sure I understand why you'd have to wait almost a week to get your trades taken. Wouldn't they be snapped up if all the other trades were bad? Just trying to understand.
Because there seems to be shortages of certain sentient goods. In my FS alone members with those goods will only trade them within in the FS and there still sometimes isn’t enough to go around. I’m sure that this is true in other FS as well. In addition there are also a few players who have those goods and know that they are in high demand so they only offer them at 0 and 1 star trades to make a profit knowing that other players will take them out of desperation because they have no other way of getting them. If a player needs them and they post 2 star trades for a lot of the sentient goods they’ll just sit there. I have to post 3 star trades with a mark up of 10-20% for some goods just to get them taken within a decent time frame.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Because there seems to be shortages of certain sentient goods. In my FS alone members with those goods will only trade them within in the FS and there still sometimes isn’t enough to go around. I’m sure that this is true in other FS as well. In addition there are also a few players who have those goods and know that they are in high demand so they only offer them at 0 and 1 star trades to make a profit knowing that other players will take them out of desperation because they have no other way of getting them. If a player needs them and they post 2 star trades for a lot of the sentient goods they’ll just sit there. I have to post 3 star trades with a mark up of 10-20% for some goods just to get them taken within a decent time frame.
Ah, she obviously meant something other than what I thought she meant. Thanks.

satchmo33

I just HAVE to butt into this convo and offer my opinion. (and I realize that I'm inviting all kindsa angry raving feedback....) Alla this discussion about cross-tier trades and zero or one star trades, etc. ... We're all thinking human beings who have this amazing feature of being able to make our own decisions.

Talking about trades being "unfair" doesn't make sense. A trade is a trade. Period. If you don't like a particular trade.....Don't. Take. It. Simple as that. Like you would buy the fresh veggies, not the rotton ones. Or you would buy avocados cuz you like 'em better than kale. (eeeuuuwww....kale.)

The only prob with them is that they clog up the trader. Like people putting up 9 thousand 50 unit trades instead of lumping them.

A side note: I WILL say that I'm befuddled by alla the zero-star trades being put up for sentient goods. Are people actually TAKING these??

OK: bring it on. I know that this is such a 'tetchy' issue that FSs actually make RULES about it.

Darielle

I just HAVE to butt into this convo and offer my opinion. (and I realize that I'm inviting all kindsa angry raving feedback....) Alla this discussion about cross-tier trades and zero or one star trades, etc. ... We're all thinking human beings who have this amazing feature of being able to make our own decisions.

Talking about trades being "unfair" doesn't make sense. A trade is a trade. Period. If you don't like a particular trade.....Don't. Take. It. Simple as that. Like you would buy the fresh veggies, not the rotton ones. Or you would buy avocados cuz you like 'em better than kale. (eeeuuuwww....kale.)

The only prob with them is that they clog up the trader. Like people putting up 9 thousand 50 unit trades instead of lumping them.

A side note: I WILL say that I'm befuddled by alla the zero-star trades being put up for sentient goods. Are people actually TAKING these??

OK: bring it on. I know that this is such a 'tetchy' issue that FSs actually make RULES about it.
If we could filter out zero and one-star trades, I wouldn't have an issue with them either. Of course, that's the last thing those traders want, since they are hoping for accidents, it seems.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If we could filter out zero and one-star trades, I wouldn't have an issue with them either. Of course, that's the last thing those traders want, since they are hoping for accidents, it seems.

Trades are already listed in order of three-star down to zero-star, so if all anyone is seeing is zero or one-star, then there are no two or three-star trades to begin with, so no need to scroll through all of them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
People have taken 0 star sentient trades, however, I am not sure how much of this was within the fellowship. Detecting that trades have been taken is difficult without inside information on the transaction. There have been times when I am pretty sure that the one who posted it removed those trades (instead of someone else taking them) after he/she took several of my 3 star trades as the number of his/her 0 star trades was deducted by a similar amount.

satchmo33

OK. My POINT is that we don't need to be "taken care of"! If we're clumsy and inattentive - well that's on us. We don't need the devs to go to all kinds of machinations and work to. take. care. of. us. WE CHOOSE. Or, WE MAKE MISTAKES. Period. We don't need to be coddled. We're adult human beings with a dam brain in our heads!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
OK. My POINT is that we don't need to be "taken care of"! If we're clumsy and inattentive - well that's on us. We don't need the devs to go to all kinds of machinations and work to. take. care. of. us. WE CHOOSE. Or, WE MAKE MISTAKES. Period. We don't need to be coddled. We're adult human beings with a dam brain in our heads!
Who's asking them to take care of us? They've provided an interface which is unreliable (behaves differently depending if you log in on mobile or browser, and the software does not reliably filter click-stutters) Requesting a filter to exclude unequal trades is a reasonable and proportionate request. Fellowships having rules about members not posting uneven trades is us using our brains and making our own decisions. Kicking people out of our group for breaking rules is us using our brains and making our own decisions. Nobody asked the devs to stop people from making uneven trades.
Which coddling are you concerned about?

Eldenisa Tiege

I'm not sure I understand why you'd have to wait almost a week to get your trades taken. Wouldn't they be snapped up if all the other trades were bad? Just trying to understand.
You would think so wouldn't you? But the trades sit there until during the night the sentient trades decay and then they're picked up at less value. I wait until there is a player trading at 2-3 stars or I pull any trades I do have up before the decay happens.

Pheryll

Set Designer
You would think so wouldn't you? But the trades sit there until during the night the sentient trades decay and then they're picked up at less value. I wait until there is a player trading at 2-3 stars or I pull any trades I do have up before the decay happens.

The decay applies to both the amount offered and the amount requested. Let's say you are offering 1100 tree gum for 1000 moonstone. When the decay happens your offer changes to 990 tree gum for 900 moonstone (assuming the decay has not been reduced). You are still offering 10% more than you are getting. Further you receive 110 planks from the conversion inherent in the decay. If you pull the trade then you would still receive those 110 planks. That is, pulling trades does not seem to have a strategic benefit.

Darielle

I'm in Orcs, so I don't deal with that yet. Thanks for clarifying.

AtaguS

You would think so wouldn't you? But the trades sit there until during the night the sentient trades decay and then they're picked up at less value. I wait until there is a player trading at 2-3 stars or I pull any trades I do have up before the decay happens
Yikes, yes indeed. I accidentally took a rather large sentient trade in the late evening recently....just mindlessly clicking through the trader before bed. Only after I took it did I realize I'd done no favors for the player whose trade I took...all that extra sentient good just added to their decay pile. Lesson learned!

DeletedUser23105

The problem I keep running into is when I click too quickly when accepting other people's trades.
Maybe I'm missing something here because I'm new to the forum, but here's a thought...
try slowing down on your clicks.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Only after I took it did I realize I'd done no favors for the player whose trade I took...all that extra sentient good just added to their decay pile.
It doesn't matter. The goods decay for them whether they are in the trader or inventory. The only change is what is decaying. They lose the same number of goods either way.