• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Merchant activity in Notifications tab

defiantoneks

so, i'm just into chapter 18 and noticed that in the notifications if you've had activity with another player through the Merchant, the "visit" or "help" is not present. Instead it's an arrow that takes you to the merchant instead. Is there a reason why we're not given the same opportunity to provide neighborly help to the people who trade with our Merchant?

sambria

Chef
I'm not 100% on this, but I think it's because you already have the opportunity to trade with those players so that would be giving them neighbourly help as trading with them. On the other hand, the neighbours you can't trade merchants with, you can give them neighbourly help as of normal circumstances. Is the merchant in their city or is it a tab that shows up in your city for theirs? There are exceptions and not, but this just happens to be one of those, you can only do this with that, and not with that with this, so to speak. Am I making any sense here? Otherwise, I do not know how to help you further as this is just my own knowledge and, I could be wrong. Though, this is my best guess.

Sambria

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Same as with sentient goods. People can take the trades from all over the server, not just your discovered area. I have had discovered neighbors takes sentient or ascended goods and I can visit them because I have discovered them. Basically, standard visiting rules apply.

defiantoneks

Same as with sentient goods. People can take the trades from all over the server, not just your discovered area. I have had discovered neighbors takes sentient or ascended goods and I can visit them because I have discovered them. Basically, standard visiting rules apply.
but even sentient trades show up in my notifications with the ability to visit & help those people.
the ascended goods trades dont let me do that.

i could understand if the merchant took care of my trade and i never saw who accepted it. but the list does show who the actual person was that took the trade. even in cases where that person is a FS member, there's an arrow and no help ability.

i'm not desperate to get coins or supplies, just confused.