• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Merge Event Mechanics - Allow split of items

defiantoneks

Suggestion:

When there is a limited time remaining in a merge type event (say, 24 hours), reveal a tool that would allow players to separate an item.
This would take a level 5 item and create 2 level 4 items. Basically, reverse the merge.

Why?
Because drops and food loot are random, and may drop a higher level item than is needed to complete a recipe (or whatever the event is calling it).
When time and loot are limited, players can get stuck with a few higher level items and no way to combine them to a deliverable state. (no amount of refreshing and waiting for new "recipes" is helpful)
The ability to reverse a merge (split an item) would allow players to fill a small number of deliveries and use their event currency to the maximum.

How?
At the beginning of the final new day, award each player say 3 knives/hammers/whatever you want to use for the split process.
Allowing only three would prevent users from stockpiling and hoarding large items til the last day.

Pros:
Players get to continue playing through the end of the event and maximize the event currency
Encourages players to be active through the full event

Cons:
Development
? (i'm sure someone will have something)

Siorse

I like this idea a lot. This happened to me with this last event.

I spent diamonds once to refresh but the prizes simply weren't worth the repeated cost of doing that.

If Inno wants us to spend diamonds thereby getting us to buy more diamonds then they need to make the prizes worth the cost
I think that many people would just opt to lose the event currency rather than use diamonds for such measly prizes.

If I'd had a way to "reverse merge" I'd have continued with the event.