• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mermaids Paradise

StarLoad

Unless you are low or limited on CC spells or Fragments, I would craft it just to take it out of the rotation.
As for artifacts to evolve it that depends on your luck on the spire.
I was able to get 8 artifacts on one account for the stonehenge

LutherTheHairy

Looking at it, looks like it produces about as 25% more T1 per tile per hour as a T1 manufactory on 3 hour productions. And once I throw on a relic multiplier to my manufactories its MUCH less productive.

The only saving grace might be the AWKP. Fully evolved Elvengems says "AWKP instants". Does anyone know how big the instants are? 3 AWKP each, or 20 or in between? If it was 60 AWKP per day and I like wonders, totally worth it. If it is 9..not really.

Blindsider66

...And they're Cool to look at too! They kinda remind me of Sea Monkey's. Not just any Sea Monkey's, but the generous and calming type. Generous because they give us all that Sweet T-1 loot and those awesome, collectable KP's every day. Calming because I don't have to worry about my sister flushing them down the toilet. And hey, did I mention...They're Cool to look at too.

Peace
Blindsider66

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Looking at it, looks like it produces about as 25% more T1 per tile per hour as a T1 manufactory on 3 hour productions. And once I throw on a relic multiplier to my manufactories its MUCH less productive.
But unless you put a Magical Manufactoring enchantment on your manufactory, the Mermaid's Paradise is more efficient. And you have to consider the space involved in providing a manufactory with population. Mermaid's Paradise is 4x4 and will stay that size. At Amuni level (my current chapter) it will provide me with a total of 20,910 T1 goods a day, along with giving me 2431 pop and 4930 culture.

By comparison, a level 27 marble manufactory is 5x4. If I make 4 three hour runs and a 9 hour run a day I am going to get about 17,000 goods. The manufactory requires 6529 population to run. A level 31 residence is 4x4 and gives 3400 pop. Therefore, a single L27 marble manufactory is going to take nearly the entire population of 2 of my residences. When you figure in the size of the manufactory and the size of the residences needed to provide the population, it is costing me just over 50 spaces to run a single L27 manufactory. I am going to try as hard as I can to get enough Mermaid artifacts in the Spire over the coming weeks to evolve a Mermaid Paradise so I can replace 1 of my current manufactories with it.

ElfGunn

But unless you put a Magical Manufactoring enchantment on your manufactory, the Mermaid's Paradise is more efficient. And you have to consider the space involved in providing a manufactory with population. Mermaid's Paradise is 4x4 and will stay that size. At Amuni level (my current chapter) it will provide me with a total of 20,910 T1 goods a day, along with giving me 2431 pop and 4930 culture.

By comparison, a level 27 marble manufactory is 5x4. If I make 4 three hour runs and a 9 hour run a day I am going to get about 17,000 goods. The manufactory requires 6529 population to run. A level 31 residence is 4x4 and gives 3400 pop. Therefore, a single L27 marble manufactory is going to take nearly the entire population of 2 of my residences. When you figure in the size of the manufactory and the size of the residences needed to provide the population, it is costing me just over 50 spaces to run a single L27 manufactory. I am going to try as hard as I can to get enough Mermaid artifacts in the Spire over the coming weeks to evolve a Mermaid Paradise so I can replace 1 of my current manufactories with it.

I was thinking Mermaids wasn't all that great after I crafted it in MA, but your comments are changing my mind. Thanks for providing the hard numbers.

LutherTheHairy

@Henroo. I agree a 1 to 1 comparison with a manufactory is not valid, indeed, because it adds pop and culture instead of draining it. The goods production is insufficient for the space gobbled up, even including the space for the supporting population and culture because with a factor of 7 relic bonus it is making 1/5th as many goods per tile per day as a manufactory.

Looking at other event buildings, my Watchful Winter Owl is pumping out 8820 T3 goods per day in my Orcs chapter, which is 50% more than my elixir manufactory of the same size (relic bonus included), plus I get 21k supplies. So for me, at my chapter, the Mermaid is far inferior in comparison, unless the AWKP is pretty good. Maybe once I have level 27 manufactories in Amuni, the mermaid will make more sense.

For now in my city, I am choosing between a Mermaid's Paradise and more guest race space. So for me my question is: How big are the 3 mermaid daily AWKP instants? That question could be a discriminator for me.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo. The goods production is insufficient for the space gobbled up, even including the space for the supporting population and culture because with a factor of 7 relic bonus it is making 1/5th as many goods per tile per day as a manufactory.
Are you sure you are looking at the figures for Mermaid's Paradise correctly? I am honestly not sure how you are arriving at the figure of 1/5 as many goods per tile per day. A stage 10 Amuni level Mermaid's Paradise is going to give me 7380 marble, 6970 steel, and 6560 planks a day. Total production of 20,910 tier 1 goods a day.

My boost is marble and the highest level I can currently build is level 27. I have max boost and a level 7 Mountain Halls to give further boost. In a 3 hour run I will make 3749 marble. In a 9 hour run I make 6902. On a good day when I can log in frequently I can make 4 three hour runs and a 9 hour run. Total production will be 21,898. This is only slightly higher than Mermaid's Paradise. But if I have something going on or is it a busy day at work, my daily production schedule for my manufactories might be two 9 hour runs and a 3 hour run. If this happens, the manufactory only produces 17,553 goods. On days like these Mermaid's Paradise actually has a HIGHER daily output than the best boosted manufactory I can build.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It is one 3kp instant. In the city where I placed the Mermaid right after the event, I have LOTS, 338 x 3KPs vs 61 x 7KPs. I typically only use them to finish up an AW.