• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Message blackout

satchmo33

(going totally off-topic here...) (short attention span) (got bored w/ topic)
Well, (in another city in Wyn) I am THE Banshee. And my Bar-House has only had it's soft opening so far, so I don't know how on earth you heard about it already. HowEVER, all are welcome there for fancy artisan cocktails as well as git-down-and-dirty high alcohol ales.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The same thing that happened to the OP just happened to me. After it blacked out, I tried to refresh and I got a popup that said something about hardware acceleration not being installed, but then I refreshed again and it brought me back in.

Edit: I wasn't in a message when it happened. I was just in game collecting resources.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The same thing that happened to the OP just happened to me. After it blacked out, I tried to refresh and I got a popup that said something about hardware acceleration not being installed, but then I refreshed again and it brought me back in.

Edit: I wasn't in a message when it happened. I was just in game collecting resources.
Haha the Black Abyss is still there. No amount of cache clearing or refreshing makes it go away. It's tucked away in the msg thread with @Hueanthar though. The rest of the game seems operable.

The hardware acceleration error msg is misleading in my experience. Yes, I'm sure it IS a hardware acceleration issue for some people, but my point is sometimes you get that error message when it's not that. For me, it goes away once you close the browser entirely (not just the tab for Elvenar) and restart the browser. Just opening a new tab will not work. It usually happens if I (a) leave game running in a tab and forgot about it since I'm on a multi-monitor setup, (b) working on something really graphic/RAM intense like video editing suite/photoshop/another game, or (c) doing a boat load of manual fights at once. Eventually the game does just go blank. If I refresh, I get the hardware acceleration error msg trying to load the game again, but it'll work fine again after exiting the browser completely. My hunch says the hardware acceleration issue is more of a RAM problem than actual hardware acceleration not being enabled. Because if you can shut the browser down and restart the browser without changing a single video setting, it's not about the hardware acceleration not being turned on! Also, it starts fine and then craps out so the hardware acceleration was on for the game to initially start. Lastly, my video editing suite/photoshp/other games will not work right either if hardware acceleration is disabled. If it's sitting there idling and suddenly just goes kaput, then that could be a sign of a memory leak though. If it happens while I'm using RAM gobbling apps, that could be another sign of RAM related issue. And if you've ever been disconnected manual fighting and come back, it makes you watch the entire battle animation play out from the beginning instead of loading the last state when you got disconnected, which suggests the game is keeping track of every move ever made in memory somewhere. I guess when you try to do 50 encounters at once, that adds up and therefore, making it likely to be another memory issue instead of hardware acceleration issue.

I've also read the performance issue memo regarding chromium browsers and it doesn't apply to me. I don't have a Pre-GCN architecture AMD graphics cards or low end discreet graphics card. It also says it works fine on Firefox and that's my default browser (although, I've found the game performs most sluggishly with Firefox and I've experimented with it on Edge, Chrome, and even the MS Store App, which is a browser experience wrapped in an app). @Hueanthar was experiencing frequent crashes too and I told her to tweak a bunch of stuff to optimize RAM usage. She said it made a difference, but sent me a big black abyss anyway. Some people are so ungrateful.

Last edited:

Hueanthar

@Hueanthar was experiencing frequent crashes too and I told her to tweak a bunch of stuff to optimize RAM usage. She said it made a difference, but sent me a big black abyss anyway. Some people are so ungrateful.
Ah ha, @crackie ! Perhaps the black abyss was created by all the tweaks to my computer!