• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Message blackout

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Is the game censoring inappropriate messages sent to little girls of the cornfield? Are my teammates sending me NSFW content in an elf game? *GASP*

Game version: v1.155.2-(c75c247) - html5 (2022-07-07 10:06)
Game world: Ceravyn
Browser + version: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Microsoft App
Operating System: Win 10
Screen resolution: 3840x2160
Account name: crackie
Humans or Elves: Elf!

Reproducibility: 2

Current situation:
I received an in-game message from a fellow and the entire message is just a black colored box. All the previous messages before and after are readable. The preview when in the inbox view is readable. When selecting the message itself, it's just the black box. Refreshing, logging out, changing browsers, etc. does not remove this box.
chat bug.jpg

Expected situation:
Be able to read the message without a secret decoder ring. I made my own popcorn. I didn't buy a box Cracker Jacks so I didn't get the decoder ring. :confused:

Reproduction Steps
Reloaded, tried different browsers, logged in/out. Only one message is blacked out.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Did you try on mobile? and if you click reply does that work to clear it or does the sender see the black too?
(you didnt get the secret chef eye decoder yet)

crackie

The sender doesn't see the black and can read my replies, but it does not clear the black box. My replies and her future replies arrive normally so there's just one message in the middle of the thread affected.

Weird. At first, it was same on mobile but then when I switched accounts and came back (log out/log in), it was fixed. I can now read it. However, back on browser, the black box is gone, but I still can't read the message. It's just a large box of emptiness. I thought she wrote a book by the size of the black box, but the message is only like 2 sentences long. The matrix is glitching. We're all in a simulation!!

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Has that person sent you a NEW message and does it do it again? Not a Reply but a totally new one? Just trying to isolate if its You or the other party

crackie

(@Hueanthar already gave me permission to reveal she is behind the chaos.)
For the spectators out there following this, here is the bottom of the Black Abyss (that helya probably conjured up). You can gauge how massive it is by the new location of the scrollbar compared to the first image. I thought she had sent me a novel or a taboo image, neither of which is appropriate for a little girl from the cornfields, @Hueanthar! Some of us haven't graduated past coloring books yet. We want to spend our summers frolicking, not reading books!
chat bug2.jpg

crackie

I'm handling this particular support ticket so I'm fine with @crackie sharing, but in general, it's a privacy thing.
In that case…
I don’t know if anybody else will find themselves in such predicaments and need to know this, but I asked what happens if I pulled a Karen and ask to speak to the manager about receiving fighting words from Support, if I would still get helya. Well, the answer is yes, but…she can change her username if I want to think I am talking to someone else.

So if you try to speak to the manager about the community manager, you are already talking to her, but you might get her alter ego helno. My friend Buddy is getting maligned and I am getting the good cop/bad cop treatment when I didn’t even conjure up the Black Abyss! It was @Hueanthar ! I thought Support is supposed to de-escalate things. Would hate to find out what happens if I find myself in a holding cell in Tonga…