• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Open Message Posting Times Causing Confusion

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
This is a problem that has come up in my FS several times and it has taken a weird twist.
First, let me just say this probably mostly happens in FS's with active swap threads.
Now I'm sure a lot of people have had the problem with swap threads where two people post at the same time

You have a thread that is something like this

1 <swamprat> donate to my GA pls 10:28
2 <blitzed> gave to swamp my EE pls 11:17
3 <sugarlipz> gave to swamp my Shroom pls 11:17

So two people posted within seconds of each other. And the problem with the example above. Unless it is caught. Swamprat got donations from both people but blitzed will end up being skipped by the next person.
So far it is just a case of bad luck right?
Well that's what everybody thought until recently.
Not long ago we realized that people on the app often had their messages delayed. So, in the example above, blitzed might have actually posted at 11:15 but his post was not showing when sugar got there at 11:17.
Now the really weird thing we just discovered.
If you view the thread from your PC it looks like what I posted
But
If you view it from a mobile it looks like this

1 <swamprat> donate to my GA pls 10:28
2 <sugarlipz> gave to swamp my Shroom pls 11:17
3 <blitzed> gave to swamp my EE pls 11:17

And that is from other people viewing it an hour later