• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Messenger Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1055

Many of the people I play the game with are having problems with their messager. It will keep popping up that there are 166, or other high numbers, of unread messages. People in two of my fellowships began experiencing this last night (12/1) Also Mysterious messages showing up in inbox, from an unknown person. Cannot delete, they just reappear. Sounds like a messenger problem is going on for many people. Is happening to me in Winyandor. Adobe Flash version
19.0.0.245 Using Chrome. Clearing cache does not affect the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1055

Is this ever going to be fixed? Very annoying, everytime you leave the village, you come back to a huge quantity of messages that aren't new. I see I reported this a beginning 2 weeks ago.

DeletedUser68

I flipped the status back to Confirmed.
  • The Notification flag appears to work correctly now.
  • The Mail flag gives you a count of ALL messages when you return from a visit, rather then just the unread messages.

Valtitude

Just checking - the Trader and Barracks and probably tech/ Research Tree - reset the message counter, too. Correct or still a bug? Provinces and battlefield, I understand - that's actually leaving our cities. Wondering because the Trader and Barracks both reset message counts for me moments ago on Wyn. Not trying to be difficult - clarifying information only. Thanks!

DeletedUser

Aren and Khel, this is happening on my game in Chrome and FireFox Beta, with latest versions of Flash. I go to the research tree, and come back, it resets. Same with Trader and Barracks.

IMHO, this could easily be fixed with a feature to archive a certain number of messages in the inbox, so important ones could be save and others can just be deleted. It does not affect gameplay, but it is completely annoying. Say an archive of 10 messages? Pretty easy fix that would not take up a terrible amount of server space.

DeletedUser61

The mail notification is counting the number of EXISTING message chains. It's apparently difficult to get back to counting the recently active message chains.

DeletedUser

The mail notification is counting the number of EXISTING message chains. It's apparently difficult to get back to counting the recently active message chains.
Yeah, I think we all get that, and got that already Kat. The fact that it keeps resetting the counter and showing it in red under your avatar, after almost everything you do that opens a new window... when it does not needs is the annoyance. And it is not a difficult coding to correct. Actually, fairly simple coding. Just tedious to find where the error is in the code strings.

Archive for messages would allow us to archive message we need or feel we need to keep, without them constantly refreshing the message counter every.single.time.we.go.to.another.window. ... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I flipped the status back to Confirmed.
  • The Notification flag appears to work correctly now.
  • The Mail flag gives you a count of ALL messages when you return from a visit, rather then just the unread messages.
And no it is not working correctly. It still refreshes the flag every.time.you.go.to.another.window.in.game. ... In multiple browsers, on different machines. Checked, rechecked and checked again. No change no matter what browser, OS or machine/IP I checked it on.

DeletedUser1603

This is related to the issue reported in this thread. I'll lock this one as a duplicate now, so we can keep you informed about this there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.