• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Middle of the map - locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
With more player movements happening and changes in this space could some awesome person please list the towns at the middle of the map for the various servers?

I have seen the list a couple times over the years and I believe it is in the game files for those who know how to read them. Would be interesting and useful to have a since of where the middle is.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: List here for convenience, Thanks to @MinMax Gamer
US1: katiel (still the same)
US2: Disastrous685 (was mirndyme)
US3: Saragon (was Nanabarb, Sir Fruities)
US4: chrisendor (still the same)
US5: YsgCypher (was Starcaster)
US6: Knucklehead13 (was incorrectly listed as Knucklehead)
US7: Briggette (still the same)
US8: Whakkie (new)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

It's MagicSuzanna Briggette for US7, can check the other ones later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would have to dig into the depths of my posting archive, but I know I commented on the last thread about this from a couple of years ago, if it was a separate thread and not buried in another one, that is. If I can dig up the center of Arendyll/US1, I will edit it in here. But one thing I do remember from that thread is that the original center cities have not stayed the same for the entire existence of some of the servers, so really old threads naming these cities may no longer be accurate.

Edit: that took way less time than I expected. Here is the thread from 2016 that covers US1 through US5:

And then there was this thread from about a year ago:

Scroll down a bit for the post from @arayla and @MinMax Gamer you commented right after as well, but that list does not match up to the center city for US7 you just posted. Did US7 get a new center city in the past year?

But either way, I can confirm that katiel, as listed by arayla, is still the center city for Arendyll/US1 because two of the six surrounding cities from the 2016 list are still in the same spots.

And if I am counting correctly, I am 167 rings from the center.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Here is the updated list of map centers as of 2020-08-29:

US1: katiel (still the same)
US2: Doug Martin (was Disastrous685, mirndyme)
US3: Saragon (was Nanabarb, Sir Fruities)
US4: chrisendor (still the same)
US5: YsgCypher (was Starcaster)
US6: Knucklehead13 (was incorrectly listed as Knucklehead)
US7: Briggette (still the same)
US8: Whakkie (new)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kekune

How big are the maps? I'm about 190 rings from the center of US4. I always say I'm "on the edge" because there are a lot of goldmines to my south and west, but am I really? I'd love to move...been watching people disappear around me all week so I hope I'm up.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How big are the maps? I'm about 190 rings from the center of US4. I always say I'm "on the edge" because there are a lot of goldmines to my south and west, but am I really? I'd love to move...been watching people disappear around me all week so I hope I'm up.

The servers/worlds are as infinite as Inno wants to devote storage space and considering the size of storage they probably have dedicated, it might take you days to manually scroll far enough away from the center city before you find an actual edge of the map. I am not even sure this is something that could be datamined.

Kekune

perhaps a better question is: Functionally, how big are the maps? If people are clustered towards the center, what's considered "far out" there?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
perhaps a better question is: Functionally, how big are the maps? If people are clustered towards the center, what's considered "far out" there?

That would probably be tough to figure out, especially now that inactive cities are getting deleted/archived and active cities who allow movement are being moved closer to the center. I saw a list once that showed the number of cities per ring out to a certain point and the formula to determine cities per ring after that. Right now, there are almost 63k cities on Arendyll, so even with no empty spaces, that would be a lot of rings.

But on a side note, what I want to know is if all the tiny, dead, inactive cities are being deleted, why are there still over 4000 cities on Arendyll that have a score of zero? Why aren't they already gone?

Edit: it did not take me as long as I expected to get to the wasteland from my current position. I counted another 80-90 rings west from my city and I hit the wasteland, so maybe 250 rings to the west of the center city.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I am not a statistics guy, so instead of using the formulas you and others posted in that thread, I am just using the handy chart @Pheryll posted there for my personal count:

It is fairly easy. Each ring increases by 6 from the previous ring. These 6 are either all city squares or all province squares.

Ring 1: 6 provinces, 0 cities
Ring 2: 6 provinces, 6 cities
Ring 3: 12 provinces, 6 cities
Ring 4: 18 provinces, 6 cities
Ring 5: 18 provinces, 12 cities
Ring 6: 24 provinces, 12 cities
Ring 7: 30 provinces, 12 cities
Ring 8: 30 provinces, 18 cities
Ring 9: 36 provinces, 18 cities
Ring 10: 42 provinces, 18 cities
Ring 11: 42 provinces, 24 cities
... and so on

So 16 rings would come out to 546 provinces.

qaccy

I expected I'd be rather close to the center, but I was a bit disappointed when I looked up US1 and saw it was undiscovered by me. Turns out I'm about 25 rings away!

Deleted User - 3932582

I expected I'd be rather close to the center, but I was a bit disappointed when I looked up US1 and saw it was undiscovered by me. Turns out I'm about 25 rings away!
You are close to the center. 25 out of 250 rings sounds like 10% (which is not bad by itself), but remember that rings are not the same size. The dependency there is quadratic, so you're pretty much in 1% of cities closest to the center.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I thought I was close as towns regularly get moved into my area but if my count is right I was close to 150 rings out. Which considering rings get bigger that may still be quite close compared to say 250 or even 200.

AtaguS

I'm on US2. When I visit Harley11's city, then hit World Map...I am toggled back to the map of my own neighborhood. Yet I don't see Harley11 anywhere around me. Is the center city in some sort of mystical, undiscoverable place or is there a glitch in my system?

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm on US2. When I visit Harley11's city, then hit World Map...I am toggled back to the map of my own neighborhood. Yet I don't see Harley11 anywhere around me. Is the center city in some sort of mystical, undiscoverable place or is there a glitch in my system?
Hm, can confirm. It seems that it was a base city, and perhaps was deleted already. Regardless, the new one is called Disastrous685, and it is also a base city. You may want to look for W3737 which is bigger and is right next to it (at 5 o'clock).

AtaguS

Hm, can confirm. It seems that it was a base city, and perhaps was deleted already. Regardless, the new one is called Disastrous685, and it is also a base city. You may want to look for W3737 which is bigger and is right next to it (at 5 o'clock).
@MinMax Gamer Ok, I was able to locate Disastrous685. Many thanks for the help! Off to count rings....

[Edit] 60 rings away from center, pretty happy with that!

Socrates28

Still learning. How can I find a city by name on the map?
I am on us5 and the center you listed is YsgCypher. So how do I find them?

AtaguS

@Socrates28
Under your avatar in your city, you will see your ranking points beside a trophy icon:
Opera Snapshot_2020-04-15_151728_us2.elvenar.com.png

Click this area.

Then type the name of the city you want to look up, in your case YsgCypher into the search bar on the pop up window:
Opera Snapshot_2020-04-15_151753_us2.elvenar.com.png

This will bring you to that player's city. If you then select world map from the icon at the bottom of your screen, you will be taken to that player's location on the world map. From there, follow the arrow back to your city and count the rings (lines of city names) until the arrow takes you back to your own city.

[Edit] This is how I do it. Another player may have a more efficient method...I'd be eager to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.