• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Middle of the map - locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightshadeCS

Ah, yes, this brings up another question. What do we count as rings? I have not paid attention to this in the past, but now that I thought I might check I realized that I could be giving vastly different numbers based on how I am counting.

Deleted User - 3932582

Ah, yes, this brings up another question. What do we count as rings? I have not paid attention to this in the past, but now that I thought I might check I realized that I could be giving vastly different numbers based on how I am counting.
All rings are hexagons with vertices at 6 and 12 o'clock. This means that if you go straight vertical from your city it will go in "province-province-city" pattern, and each will be in the next ring (so rings 1-2-3). If you go straight horizontal, you will only see cities, but they will be separated by gaps, i.e. "gap-city" pattern, with cities being in every second ring. I.e. your cities to the right of yours are in rings 2, 4, 6 etc.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All rings are hexagons with vertices at 6 and 12 o'clock. This means that if you go straight vertical from your city it will go in "province-province-city" pattern, and each will be in the next ring (so rings 1-2-3). If you go straight horizontal, you will only see cities, but they will be separated by gaps, i.e. "gap-city" pattern, with cities being in every second ring. I.e. your cities to the right of yours are in rings 2, 4, 6 etc.

I am mostly west of the center city on Arendyll, so when I could not count on a straight diagonal line, I had to alternate diagonal up, then diagonal down, etc, to count one ring at a time. This gives me a correct count of my discovered rings, so it should be right for my total distance from center.

Deleted User - 4646370

@Socrates28
Under your avatar in your city, you will see your ranking points beside a trophy icon:
View attachment 7458
Click this area.

Then type the name of the city you want to look up, in your case YsgCypher into the search bar on the pop up window:
View attachment 7459
This will bring you to that player's city. If you then select world map from the icon at the bottom of your screen, you will be taken to that player's location on the world map. From there, follow the arrow back to your city and count the rings (lines of city names) until the arrow takes you back to your own city.

[Edit] This is how I do it. Another player may have a more efficient method...I'd be eager to hear it!

Remark : this works only in browser version. I don't know any way to find on mobile.

T6583

@Enevhar Aldarion Thanks. I'm having one of those nights where I'm just missing the obvious for some reason. Including an seeing this thread. I will hang my head in shame now and go to bed.

Last edited:

nolats44

I count over 200 rings to the center for me (only a 1-month player). Strange that pretty much all the trades I see at the trader (other than my fellowship) are within 20-25 rings of my city. Is the trader set up to show regional trades only?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I count over 200 rings to the center for me (only a 1-month player). Strange that pretty much all the trades I see at the trader (other than my fellowship) are within 20-25 rings of my city. Is the trader set up to show regional trades only?
Yes. The trader only shows you the closest available trades. Of those, if you have discovered them, there is no fee, if you have not yet scouted to that person, there is a fee of 50%, which can be reduced later via an ancient wonder.

Deleted User - 849042176

looks like Sir Fruities is no more on US3. not sure how to determine who is center now, but in any case that info is out of date already.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
looks like Sir Fruities is no more on US3. not sure how to determine who is center now, but in any case that info is out of date already.
Should be Saragon currently. I track it by the city at 9 oclock from "emlem" who is probably too big to be deleted.

DarkKitty

Ha! It's a new Doug!

1612678347473.png

Soleil Nightbloom

I’m on us8 and counted 30 away from the center, is that good? Does being in the center mean that my trades will be better? Sorry still figuring this out. Seems like every time I think I have figured it out something new comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.