• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mighty Wolves is Spire Gold every other week w/ only 22 Wolves

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
We are a top 40 fellowship with all daily players with three slots currently open. Our ideal new player plays daily most days climbs high in the spire and scores 1,000 or more every week in the tourney.

Our goals in order of importance are:

1. Continued success and growth in the tourney - we collect 12 to 15 chests every week for over two years
2. Becoming a Gold Spire fellowship every week. Today we are just outside that category gaining gold every other week using the spire Reserve Perk. Without it, we can earn 11 chests with the addition of one or two players that will climb to the top each week, we will reach that goal. We currently have 3 openings as we transform our fellowship.
3. Becoming a top 10 performer in the FA. Our high water mark is #19. This goal is for fun. No one is required to participate in the FA but most players do as it builds espirit de corps.

Did I mention that we are aggressively growing? We also help each other a lot. More on that later.

Topics:
  1. Goods Trading Policy
  2. Adds and Drops
  3. KP Trading
  4. Courtesy
  5. Sharing Knowledge
  6. Fellowship Titles
  7. Minimum Score to Join
  8. Fellowship Perks

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Goods Trading policy
We have no trade policy. You can post whatever you like.

Did I mention that we are aggressive? So what does that mean?

1. If you are in the lower half of the rankings, every zero star trade you post for standard goods will likely be accepted. Basically you get free goods. The expectation is that you will use these goods in the tourney and spire to the benefit of the fellowship. Using it for your own growth is okay too.
2. For higher scoring players (outside of the top few) all two and three star trades close quickly.
3. Several of our players (including and especially me) trade for profit in the sentient goods market.
4. We have plenty of sentient goods for those not trading for profit. Those not trading for profit have their trades at two or three stars cleared quickly.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Adds and Drops
Adds are by application to the ArchMage. Outside of those below the minimum score, I think I have accepted all comers although that is all predicated on how you present yourself and the perceived likelihood of your meeting requirements and growing with the fellowship. In some cases, we have offered "provisional membership" to particularly low chapter members or members with a track record of taking weeks or months off in the recent past. The provisions are simple - meet minimum requirement in the next few weeks.

We have minimum requirements - currently 1000 point tourney average and consistently reaching the lab in the Spire. Not all of our players makes the Spire requirements today, but those few missing will improve or be replaced over time. The vast majority meet requirements and we are getting better over time.. Real life comes first but fellows that don’t have time to play, and don’t exercise the courtesy to say that they have a short term issue - are candidates to be dropped in a few weeks if they can't improve their performance. With a near term goal of getting gold spire every week, those non-performers that skip the spire are more likely to be chased down and removed sooner rather than later. Only new members committed to the Spire will be accepted.

To date, all that responded to a note concerning performance have improved their performance and stayed or voluntarily left. Players that never responded and did not improved their performance, were only dropped after two week notice and not in the middle of a tourney. In one case, before applications were required, I dropped a player in short order - he joined but did not meet minimum requirements. I suppose at some future date someone might be dropped more quickly or after a response, but so far we have not desired or needed to move quicker since we required applications. Frankly, current requirements with the prospects of unlimited goods for early chapter players mean that to be dropped, the player has to lack the time or desire to play. We do our best to help players perform.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
KP Trading
We have 6 threads that are very active at 5/10/15/20/50/75 points. These are entirely optional. Also honest mistake are sometimes made. No one is cheating. If something doesn’t look right, it is probably best communicated privately. I tend to ignore these issues and if I did a bad, to fix it plus a generous bonus. We can’t usually audit. The best idea is to assume you made a mistake (at least the first time) but that is up to you. At one point I gave 100 KPs to everyone I traded with just to be sure. Generous is a good option if you think you even might have made a mistake, but that is just me.

KP trading has three simple rules:

1. post your offer indicating the order you are filling (who) and which of you AWs you want to get KPs posted on.
2. If you post first, fill it
3. If you second, revise to whomever posted first

Some of our player list the target for the trade as "my favorite". This is mildly discouraged. If that is a show stopper for you, don’t join. Occasionally players post correction on their posting. Any issues that come up are usually resolved in the fellowship chat. I usually list a secondary AW target - this reduces the need to ask for a new target as eventually AW are completed.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Courtesy
Some player are loud and courteous and others are quiet. Some talk about real life respectfully. Politics is probably a bad subject. Religion also is risky. You know, like real life. I guess this is that code word in most fellowships mean when they advertise “no drama”. Those things you learned in kindergarten always apply.

Under this category, I will discuss giving KPs within the fellowship. Some players don’t trade. In that case, it is advantageous to give KPs to earn chests. We have no rules on that, but I offer a recommendation that I have generally shared with the group. First off, be rude to outsiders - beat them by one point and make them lose KPs so they leave our fellowship's chests to us. Second, if it is just us fellows, 2x to 2.5x is a fair return on a KP investment. It is okay to beat a fellow's offer as the owner of the AW is allowed a return as well. Do your best to avoid over investing an hurting prior investors. One should try to ensure that every fellow that invests gets that 2x to 2.5x return. 3rd when you beat another fellow's bid, beat them by at least 5 while leaving them a good return. Finally when you are close to finishing an AW, if there are chests left, let the other fellows know and wait a hour or two (generally) so the free stuff can be earned by your fellows. We also tend to let fellows know about other free chests we might find (outside the fellowship).

BTW, I and others may invest one KP on many AWs. The reason is so that if a AW is completed, any extra chests are taken by the fellowship without allowing extra time for at the end for the final few chests to be taken. Frankly when I AW gets close, I and others tend to call that fact out in our fellowship group chat. I sometime round this off to 5 and 0s when KPs are traded. I had one player quit because he found the odd one as offensive. Once again if these stray KP of 1 bothers you, don't join.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Sharing Knowedge
Do it as a matter of course. We have text documents we periodically share on the items above and how to’s on the spire. Ask and we will help you

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Fellowship Titles
Mages
are the leadership team. We have 3.They are long standing leading players with outstanding performance that like to communicate. I think 3 is enough. Mostly, they act as a sounding board to make sure we, as group, make sound judgements for the felllowship. That is mostly adding and deleting players. BTW, I hate eliminating players, but I have lost players due to dead wood. It is a bad job but someone has to do it. I try to be as understanding and courteous as possible.
Ambassadors are members in good standing that are meeting all minimum requirements. Note: During the Felllowship Adventre (FA) Ambassadors may temporarily be reduced to Fellows.
Fellows are players new to the fellowship or have not minimum requirements in the recent past. As noted, some Ambassadors may be temporarily demoted to fellows during the FA

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Minimum Score to Join
It is low, very low. I have it only to discourage newbies. If you are experienced and know you can grow and meet requirements, now and in the future, we want you.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Fellowship Perks
We vote each time. Plurality rules with the Archmage breaking ties. We finished all 10 levels of the spire perk. The tourney perk is about half way through with low levels on the other two.

Last edited: