• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Military Buildings are on backorder!

Blindsider66

Are there any methods for influencing the frequency of recipes in the MA? Are prolonged absences of certain recipes something we must sadly endure. It never seems to fail that the recipes I require are at the end of their rotation, out of stock or possibly just not available to me for the next week or three. If this Academy is in fact deserving of the name Magic my wishes would not only be granted, they would be granted before I ever asked for them.
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get Military Buildings back on the menu in my MA.

Peace
Blindsider66

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've been crafting military buildings all week; I did a UUU today and a ELR yesterday, etc etc.

Have you timed the MA to make sure you don't miss a single rotation? It's easy to do, just figure out the best schedule for you and then remove the road from your MA (making it stop entirely), until you can get that schedule. (You can also do it with diamonds, but I'm cheap, lol.)

Mine used to turn over at midnight and then rotate again at 6am, and I hated that because I turn off my computer usually at 10pm and have time for other stuff before I go to bed. So when the 6pm rotation started, I removed my road tile for three hours. At 9pm, I reconnected it. So my schedule was changed to 9pm, 3am, and 9pm, giving me plenty of time to see the 9pm one as well as the 3am one before it rolled over at 9am.

Secondly, do you make sure to collect from the building slot before the rollover? If you don't collect from the building slot, you can't get a building in the next rotation. There's only one building slot every 6 hours.

If you do both of those things and still no luck, then you're just having a dry spell. I'm sure you're luck will change soon. Best to you.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Are there any methods for influencing the frequency of recipes in the MA?
Haha! I wish.
Seriously, though, there is only one thing you can do and the impact is minor. All buildings occupy the same crafting slot, so the more bldgs there are, the less likely any one specific bldg is to show up. There are some bldgs that players are only allowed to possess one copy either in their city or in their inventory. If any of these bldgs show up for you, crafting them even if you don't plan to place them in your city and keep them in your summonings instead at least takes them out of rotation, reducing the total number of possible bldgs. The buildings you can have only one copy:
Evolving buildings: Right now Fire, Storm and Aureate Phoenix plus Mermaid's Paradise are in there; each time Spire changes to offering a different artifact, the bldg associated with that artifact will be added to the rotation for all players who don't already have a copy. Stonehenge artifacts just left the Spire (and Mermaid artifacts arrived), so the Stonehenge bldg should be gone from rotation as well. The Phoenix bldgs should go away after the upcoming FA. If an event occurs that offers the option to craft new evolving bldg artifacts into old evolving bldg artifacts, those old bldgs will be added to crafting bldg slot recipes. Since I've kept a copy of every evolving bldg, I'm not sure if any of the others are in the current rotation.
Moonstone Library Set bldgs: Previously available only in the Spire, these were removed from the Spire and placed into crafting rotation with the one copy/player rule.
Chess Set: Original Crafting Set bldgs and have always only allowed one copy/city.
Here's a link to a list of crafting recipes from @MinMax Gamer:
Crafting Recipes
You'll need to pay attention to the ? column as those codes show recipes that are no longer being seen in the crafter, as well as if they are seasonal or allow only 1 copy/city. There's also a 'Rarity' column with values assigned 1-5, but I'm unsure of the meaning of those values.

Aritra

I feel ya!
For a few weeks I couldn't get any festival merchants. Fortunately, my dry spell ended and I have plenty (for now, lol). At the moment, I've been wanting my final chess piece, and I have crafted all evolving building bases to get them out of rotation. Can't get rid of those Codexes or Vallorian Guards or Grounds of Orc Strategists, though (just to name a few). Grrrr
(And I do have my MA recipe turnover timed to my schedule and I never miss an opportunity.)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I thought the phoenixes were a permanent fixture in the MA?
So did I.
Geez, are they really? They very well could be. I don't have firsthand knowledge since I have a copy of each of them in both cities either placed or in inventory. For some reason, I thought they were only there from when the artifacts were in Spire and then for the Phoenix event/upcoming FA. If they're there all the time, I'd craft them out of rotation asap. I might frag them next year and re-craft at a higher chapter when I could get the artifacts to evolve them if I wanted to place them.

Darielle

Geez, are they really? They very well could be. I don't have firsthand knowledge since I have a copy of each of them in both cities either placed or in inventory. For some reason, I thought they were only there from when the artifacts were in Spire and then for the Phoenix event/upcoming FA. If they're there all the time, I'd craft them out of rotation asap. I might frag them next year and re-craft at a higher chapter when I could get the artifacts to evolve them if I wanted to place them.
I know I saw them before the artifacts came to the spire (for many months). Now that I have all three (one out, two in inventory) I don't get them anymore either, so I'm not sure.

Aritra

The bases are in the MA (not sure how temporary/permanent), but they're not worth much without artifacts... and those appear to be taking turns being available again through the Spire. I have no expectation to get enough to evolve a base worth it to my city so I crafted them out of rotation (because you can be in possession of only one at a time, whether it is placed or in inventory) so the things I want have a higher repeat frequency (without those taking their turn). As you can tell from the things I want out of my way, I'm not a fighter. It is a cater city so I have no use for military specific items, but I appreciate the frustration of dry spells of things you do want.

Darielle

The bases are in the MA (not sure how temporary/permanent), but they're not worth much without artifacts... and those appear to be taking turns being available again through the Spire. I have no expectation to get enough to evolve a base worth it to my city so I crafted them out of rotation (because you can be in possession of only one at a time, whether it is placed or in inventory) so the things I want have a higher repeat frequency (without those taking their turn). As you can tell from the things I want out of my way, I'm not a fighter. It is a cater city so I have no use for military specific items, but I appreciate the frustration of dry spells of things you do want.
Someday, when you decide to fight, you'll want that fire phoenix. I was a cater-only city for the first 6 chapters. Now I do both. I would advise everyone to have the fire base in inventory, even if they don't have artifacts. You may get them in the future; I'm sure they'll have chances available sometime. Most buildings are worthless if they are early chapter buildings and you're in a later chapter. The fire phoenix is an exception. If you have a chapter 3 fire and someday are able to evolve it to, say, stage 8, it is still very worth it to put it down even if you don't have RRs to upgrade the chapters on it. It will still give you a 40 percent attack bonus at stage eight. Evolving to stage 6 still gives a 30 percent bonus. Even a stage 4 gives a 20 percent bonus. Those are worth it.

But I don't blame you for being a cater city. It served me well for a long time. I shouldn't even call myself a fighter now, since I autofight, lol.

Aritra

Someday, when you decide to fight, you'll want that fire phoenix. I was a cater-only city for the first 6 chapters. Now I do both. I would advise everyone to have the fire base in inventory, even if they don't have artifacts. You may get them in the future; I'm sure they'll have chances available sometime. Most buildings are worthless if they are early chapter buildings and you're in a later chapter. The fire phoenix is an exception. If you have a chapter 3 fire and someday are able to evolve it to, say, stage 8, it is still very worth it to put it down even if you don't have RRs to upgrade the chapters on it. It will still give you a 40 percent attack bonus at stage eight. Evolving to stage 6 still gives a 30 percent bonus. Even a stage 4 gives a 20 percent bonus. Those are worth it.

But I don't blame you for being a cater city. It served me well for a long time. I shouldn't even call myself a fighter now, since I autofight, lol.
I'm in chapter 9 and still catering with no regrets ;) In my inventory currently, all at woodelves level: Storm, Fire, Aureate, and Ashen Phoenix bases (with zero phoenix related artifacts), plus Stonehenge (two artifacts) and Mermaids Paradise (one artifact). :cool:

DeletedUser20010

So, you also have to watch which "column" you have producing when things rollover. There is a relic box, a building box.. If you have something that you haven't collected sitting in the buff box, it won't give you a new one. @crackie has more knowledge than me on that.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I would just add if you are going to craft the limited one-copy buildings to rid them from the MA cycling, you might as well wait until Thursday and get an Arcane Residue out of it...or in my case 5 with the Stonehenge before the FA was finally over :rolleyes:

Aritra

I would just add if you are going to craft the limited one-copy buildings to rid them from the MA cycling, you might as well wait until Thursday and get an Arcane Residue out of it...or in my case 5 with the Stonehenge before the FA was finally over :rolleyes:
Did they announce the date?
Been watching but missed it?