• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mismatch

Traser

I belong to a FS where there is a mismatch between my boosted goods and the FS. It wasn't that way when I joined. What should I do? Should I stay with the FS and hope things change or should I move to another FS that matches my boosted goods better.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Every fs needs every boosted player to produce his/her boosted goods. Any "mismatch" between what you produce and the rest of the fs produces is probably to the fellowships good, and probably yours, too. Provided you mean by "mismatch" that you are producing what others in our fs are not (or at least producing what they generally are not). Here's how I see it.

If by "mismatch" you mean that you are boosted in ways nobody or few in your fs are, then you are supplying them with the goods they aren't producing in abundance. And since each good is pretty much needed in the same overall amounts by every player, you are supplying something your fellowship has a harder time getting because they aren't, overall, producing as much of that as they are of the other items.

In addition, because you are producing something they need, it is possible you are/can gain (i.e. profit) on occasion when they post 3-star trades for your boosted goods. If you fs is very short on producing what you are producing, it may be in the long run you are better off remaining.

On the other hand, if by "miss match" you mean you are boosted in the same ways as many of your fellowship then yes, it might be better to find a fellowship where your boosted goods are more needed. But, in my experience, unless you are in a dead neighborhood, it's not that critical as often your trading partners (fs and neighbors) end up more balanced than your fs alone. In fact, if your fs is overproducing something you may be able to take the extra production of your fs and trade it for what your fs needs with somebody in your neighborhood.

Hope this helps you decide.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
What AJ is trying to say is that IF both your fellowship and your neighborhood has too many of the goods you are boosted in, then yes, you should definitely leave the fellowship. If your boosts are scarce in either your neighborhood or your fellowship, then you have options on whether or not you wish to leave the fellowship.

StarLoad

Or as an alternative try looking at Evenstats and see how the "mismatch" really is, I have been in an FS that was desperately imbalanced in steel and silk but the two main producers were in chap 16/17 and making enough that the rest of the FS didn't really notice. Dont rush to change and do some research into what the "mismatch" really is.

Ed

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I guess I didn't make myself clear. Let me try again. What I meant by mismatch is that my FS is boosted the same goods as I am and trades are hard to make because we all have a lot of the same goods. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your help is very much appreciated.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. How are the trades with neighbors/outside of fs?

StarLoad

Well now I am really confused, I looked at your cities that are in an FS, and in none are your boosts in the largest % of the FS boosts.

On Arendyll you are Steel, Scrolls, and Dust and the FS is Heavy in Marble and Planks and no Steel to speak of, T2 is balanced but lightest in Scrolls and Heavy in Gems and light in Elixir and Dust.
On Elcy you are Marble, Silk, and Gems the FS is heavy in Steel, Scrolls, and balanced in T3.
On Fely you are Steel, Scrolls, and Dust and the FS is Heavy in Marble and Low in Steel, Heavy in Crystal and moderate low on Scrolls and Silk, For T3 Very heavy in Elixir moderate in Dust and almost nothing in Gems.

Based on that review you have the proper boosts to help your FS if you apply yourself. Although I will note that each FS has a good portion of players showing as inactive.

Ed

Please note this is exactly what I advised you do to see the real mismatch, that isn't there.

Lady Dastardly

@Shtrumph, I also looked at your cities, and to add to what @ed1960:
Fely FS has 8 inactives
Arendyll FS has 12 inactives, including the Archmage :eek:
Elcy has 4 inactives & 2 open spots - and I noticed that only about a dozen are doing the tournament on a regular basis, something I consider to be a marker of activity level

That level of (in)activity will result in trading problems. I'm guessing you're asking about your Elcy FS (if I'm incorrect I apologize), and I also noticed in that FS that many of your members have extremely low goods production numbers compared to what I would expect based on their chapter level. Now Elvenstats doesn't take into account all the goods you get from non-factory sources, but it seems like your FS as a whole might be under producing goods. I was curious, so I pulled up a few random cities to take a look and, low and behold, several of your members, including some in leadership positions, have non-boosted factories. This means that instead of trading, they are trying to make most of their goods themselves. This is a fundamental misunderstanding how the game works, and makes a FS significantly weaker.

Honestly, I'd be packing my bags and looking for a new FS.

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@Shtrumph, I also looked at your cities, and to add to what @ed1960:
Fely FS has 8 inactives
Arendyll FS has 12 inactives, including the Archmage :eek:
Elcy has 4 inactives & 2 open spots - and I noticed that only about a dozen are doing the tournament on a regular basis, something I consider to be a marker of activity level

@Shtrumph That level of (in)activity will result in trading problems. I'm guessing you're asking about your Elcy FS (if I'm incorrect I apologize), and I also noticed in that FS that many of your members have extremely low goods production numbers compared to what I would expect based on their chapter level. Now Elvenstats doesn't take into account all the goods you get from non-factory sources, but it seems like your FS as a whole might be under producing goods. I was curious, so I pulled up a few random cities to take a look and, low and behold, several of your members, including some in leadership positions, have non-boosted factories. This means that instead of trading, they are trying to make most of their goods themselves. This is a fundamental misunderstanding how the game works, and makes a FS significantly weaker.

Honestly, I'd be packing my bags and looking for a new FS.
I highly would take this advice and join a fs that is actually active people playing with an active am is huge. Also a fs that produces their boosted goods. Just my advice, otherwise you will struggle big time and not have much fun especially without others actually active. I'm wishing you luck and the best with whatever you decide!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Shtrumph If you are willing to wait a week I might be able to offer you a good FS in Arendyll. I'm archmage of a 10 chest/silver spire fellowship there. And I have a player who has gone inactive for a month. However before I boot somebody I like to send them a message asking if everything is ok and if they are going to keep playing. And I give them a week to respond. I have not done that yet.