• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Missing Chapter Names in Research Tree

• Thread starter DeletedUser2768
  • Start date

DeletedUser2768

Game version: v1.110.2-(d215556) (2020-08-06 08:49)
Game world: Elcysandir
Browser + version: Chrome
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: Recommended
Account name: RosehawkATA
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Some of the guest races are missing their name on their banner in the research tree:
Fairies
WoodElves
Halflings
Constructs
Embassies

Expected situation:
See which guest race correlates with each banner

Reproduction Steps
Open Game
2. Pray it loads
3. Open Research Tree
4. Click on any of the above guest races navigation button at the bottom of the screen
5. Go to that chapter
6. See empty space where name should be on the banner

Screenshots of the bug:
Missing names.jpg

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I had noticed one was missing, but didn't think much of it. Just checked them all and the ones I am missing are the same ones you listed @RosehawkATA , plus chapters 1,2,3,4 & 5. I know it was not the norm to call the early chapters by their name until we got into Guest Races, but they all had a name at one time. All the other ones have the chapter name underneath the number.

DeletedUser2768

I had noticed one was missing, but didn't think much of it. Just checked them all and the ones I am missing are the same ones you listed @RosehawkATA , plus chapters 1,2,3,4 & 5. I know it was not the norm to call the early chapters by their name until we got into Guest Races, but they all had a name at one time. All the other ones have the chapter name underneath the number.

I only ever remember the first 5 chapters having a roman numeral.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Rose, I only remember them having names because of someone getting called out on the forum a long time ago for saying they only had numbers, lol! I remember thinking they were right, then looking and they all had a name! Of course since I never used them, I can't remember what they were. For some reason I think one of them was 'Ascending' or something like that, but they're all definitely gone now!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In my screen it's 1-5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16 that do not have names. I did notice some of these lacked names earlier but now the first 5, which had names before, are now also lacking. Probably just an accumulation of mistakes nobody has noticed over a long period of time. Hopefully fixable because I too don't like having to figure out what's what by stopping and looking it up somewhere. The symbols for each chapter are hard enough to remember, but when you don't have the names in any convenient place, it just makes it more annoying. At least to me.

AJ

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
And, it looks like they will be fixing the issue with the next update to v 1.112. Quote from the release notes:

• Research - Chapter flags in the Research Tree now properly display the Chapter's name, even in the HTML5 client that so far refused to show some of them.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
And, it looks like they will be fixing the issue with the next update to v 1.112. Quote from the release notes:

• Research - Chapter flags in the Research Tree now properly display the Chapter's name, even in the HTML5 client that so far refused to show some of them.

I think they should give "html5" a good talkin' to. Imagine him/her refusing to show some of them! I say kick them off the game if they are so stubborn! Their older sibling "html4" never had this problem! LOL.

AJ