• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Missing Player

Mrietha

I have been away for awhile, and even when I play regularly I am not on the Forum very much. Except when I have a problem or question - like now.
My appologies if this has been asked and answered.

Do the "powers that be" delete cities/players if they have been absent for a long while? If so at what time period of inactivity is this trigered.

When I came back today, after a break, I noticed one of the members of my Fellowship is missing. He hasn't played for over 2 years, but he was the original ArchMage and we have been keeping him around for sentimental reasons. Also we haven't approached the 25 player limit, so he isn't keeping the Fellowship from growing. Someone also mentioned that he advanced the ranking of our city, becuase of his points.

Also, those of you who have the "play as you like" style of Fellowship, at what point do you consider a player has quite the game.

Thank you!

Myne

Oh Wise One
It depends on the Archmage. Since yours is AWOL it's very possible it was reported to support along with a request for a new archmage to be appointed.
As far as cities going missing, I know there was a sweep done a while back to get rid of dead cities. BUT if that player had money invested in their city it's very likely the city is still around somewhere. Have you tried searching the player listings?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes players do eventually get removed by the 'sweepers'. We recently lost a city that stopped playing due to Covid; he had to hand over his iPad to one of his children, for use in his schoolwork. Hard to believe that it has been 3 years since we last played with him.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have been away for awhile, and even when I play regularly I am not on the Forum very much. Except when I have a problem or question - like now.
My appologies if this has been asked and answered.

Do the "powers that be" delete cities/players if they have been absent for a long while? If so at what time period of inactivity is this trigered.

When I came back today, after a break, I noticed one of the members of my Fellowship is missing. He hasn't played for over 2 years, but he was the original ArchMage and we have been keeping him around for sentimental reasons. Also we haven't approached the 25 player limit, so he isn't keeping the Fellowship from growing. Someone also mentioned that he advanced the ranking of our city, becuase of his points.

Also, those of you who have the "play as you like" style of Fellowship, at what point do you consider a player has quite the game.

Thank you!
You know, it may be sentimental to keep those old players, and I can understand that, but it isn't practical if you want a thriving fellowship. By keeping fellowship members who no longer play actively, you are painting a big bull's eye on your fellowship saying, "Come recruit here for our best players!" Other archmages and recruiters seek out fellowships with large numbers of black triangles on elvenstats. Anyone who hasn't moved their score in 2 weeks gets a black triangle ... so if you leave for more than 2 weeks, you are adding to that number.

If you want a viable fellowship, I suggest you clean off those black triangles. Recruiters almost never look at a small fellowship with 7 or 8 active players. They look for the ones that have 23-25 players but only 7 or 8 are active. The ranking of the fellowship doesn't matter as much as if they are a target ... in fact, some recruiters only look in the groups with black triangles that are closer to them in ranking, so those former AM's points may be hurting your recruiting efforts, not helping. A clean fellowship with no black triangles is better if you want to grow.

And to answer your last question, I would say that anyone who doesn't play for 30 days is inactive. Very active fellowships consider 7 days of no activity "inactive." Other's go by elvenstats' ratings and the moment a black triangle appears, they remove them. But 30 days is normal for a lot of my friends' groups, anyway.

Lastly, the powers that be do delete cities, but is your former archmage's city still on the world, or has the whole city been removed? If it's still in your world, then it would not have been removed from your fellowship unless one of the mages asked that it be removed. You can ask who did it. Elvenar rarely removes cities that have bought diamonds (never) or are above a certain chapter (rarely).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Roughly a month is what I give for inactivity. There are a few other considerations I use. 1. If a brand new player goes a few weeks without playing then they are likely gone forever because the quit rate for newbies tends to be very high. And the ones who do become long term players tend to be very enthusiastic early on 2. If you see a long term player have a few weeks/few months in a row of diminished activity, followed by total inactivity it is very likely they were getting tired of the game or burning out and that they have finally quit for good. They are probably gone. 3. If a long term, active player abruptly stops playing, I consider it more possible that they have had some real life issue such as a health problem, work issues, or computer problem. In this kind of situation, I tend to give extra time in the hopes that they will get things straightened out and resume playing.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The city may have been completely removed for inactivity if they never actually purchased diamonds. If the player is no longer active, even if the city has been moved to the 'void'... they cannot accept the fellowship invite.