• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Missing rewards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10714

We are not getting any goods when we visit peeps on the map. Only getting coin. Is this a bug or a change. If its a change it was not announced.
I did notice the 3 random chests we get daily when visiting have included goods, is this going to replace the goods we were getting for visiting??

DeletedUser936

Not getting boosts -- gems/marble/crystal when visiting gold hands --- is there a reason?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If its a change it was not announced.
It was announced in the latest release announcement, but couched as an "improvement" that means most people will get more goods, but that is only true if you never visit all your neighbors. The goods are now only in chests you find in other cities, and if you ever average more than 30 visits a day, you will lose out.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not visiting NEIGHBORS, I didn't receive boosts while visiting the fellowship... why not?
You only receive them in chests now. It doesn't matter if it is a FS member or a neighbor, the goods only appear in chests. So only three times per day, total.

DeletedUser936

You only receive them in chests now. It doesn't matter if it is a FS member or a neighbor, the goods only appear in chests. So only three times per day, total.
Ok, thanks.. THAT is clear :D

DeletedUser10714

It was announced in the latest release announcement, but couched as an "improvement" that means most people will get more goods, but that is only true if you never visit all your neighbors. The goods are now only in chests you find in other cities, and if you ever average more than 30 visits a day, you will lose out.
Thx appreciate the response

DeletedUser10008

I don't do visits just for rewards, and even though the change is a limitation to what it was before, I was willing to give it a try. So far today, I've done 32 visits and not one chest!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't do visits just for rewards, and even though the change is a limitation to what it was before, I was willing to give it a try. So far today, I've done 32 visits and not one chest!
The chests are per 24 hour period, and that period starts around supper time in the U.S. If you got any chests last night, you won't get any more until tonight.

DeletedUser6459

That's a real scam, you only ever get 3 chests for a start. The main reason for getting the Crystal Lighthouse was for the additional goods. Hardly a way of getting people to visit (other than fellowship visits). Just for fellowship visits I was getting around 7000 boosted goods. What a wash out, with all the other problems that are going on, I feel like Elvenar are really letting us down.

DeletedUser6459

The first thing that attracted me to this game, was the caption. "Get rewarded for helping your fellow players" or something similar. I was really interested as I thought it was a great idea, different from other games where you are actually playing against people. I have loved the game, built up a great fellowship and regularly visit all in my neighborhood, most days. This move is a definite move against the original ethos and definitely doesn't encourage players to visit the players in their region. I visit well over 250 cities a day so I will lose out massively and so will many others. Having the ability to gain goods as well as help each other along the way was a great way of adding additional goods. It's my opinion that this game is no longer about helping each other, which is one of the points that made it so different. I am very disappointed in this move.

In addition to this, the increases given for each upgrade of the Crystal Lighthouse hardly warrant the additional investment of KP's, which would be better spent in other areas. I for one would never have invested so many KP's to build it to the current level for such a small return, especially when it actively discourages visits to help your neighbors.

I really hope that Elvenar will look at this in more detail and reverse this so called improvement.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I really hope that Elvenar will look at this in more detail and reverse this so called improvement.
I don't even need, or expect, a reversal, I just wish they'd look more carefully at something where they used a sledge-hammer when all it needed was a screwdriver.

There has to be something in the middle of what we had a year ago and what we had yesterday that better encourages players to put some effort in. Whether that's one chest and then 10% of what we were getting before, or (as was suggested earlier) a rough chance of one chest every 20 visits. It needs a component that puts back the reward for going to the trouble of visiting 100 or 200 neighbors.

DeletedUser9701

I am confused as to why this change was made. The goods per visit was my ONLY reason to build the crystal lighthouse, and invest KP into it for upgrades. For the measly amount of goods that I can get per day now, I would be better off using the space my CL is taking up and building more of manufactuies.....At least then I would be guaranteed to get goods without having to take the time to visit all my neighbors....That would save me multiple clicks and time....Of course, what about all the KP that we already invested prior to the change.....is that just a loss at this point??

DeletedUser1996

Stupid change with not a thought for our neighbors and myself as a player. INNO your really out did yourself this time !!! A classic Muck up and thoughtless-except for your gain.

DeletedUser4391

I came here to report this as a bug, only to discover it's considered a "feature." That sucks, I just upgraded my Lighthouse a few days ago, and now it seems there was no point in doing so. :/

DeletedUser6788

Actually, since you receive about 10x what you were before, one chest is the equivalent of helping 10 people before, but still, a little sad.

More so, it's buggy, as you don't actually get the goods unless you go and help another person after you open the chest. :/

DeletedUser115

As already discussed this is not a bug. Any feedback regarding the changes should be made on the feedback thread.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.