• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Missing TSY Shard

able99

I completed a provence and was excited to get a TSY Ruin Shard.. I was missing 2 for upgrade and already had 9 boriken shards placed. My TSY was unconnected at the time, but when I reconnected it so I could add the shard, all that I had was a broken shard. What happened to the TYS Shard I won?? The fact that the AW was not connected at the time shoukd not mater since you can earn shard for AW's you do not have. I was playing on US5. I hop[e this can be resolved. ty

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What type of province did you complete? I ask because that way I can complete the same type and track if it gives a TSY shard and if I get it. One way to see if there is a problem is to see if it can be done again.

AJ

able99

I don't remember, but judging from the pattern on the world map, it may have been Marble. The provence just repeat between Marble and Dust in that area of my circle. I do the provinces clockwise in order. Thank you for help.

ajqtrz

I got a Lighthouse of Good Neighbors upon completing a marble province. Chapter 15, 15th ring I believe.
Pyramid of Purification on the next crystal province.
I have a lot of provinces at 7 done and one to go so I can afford to look around.

I'm wondering if you have to be on ch 16 to get the TSY Ruin Shard offered?

AJ

Last edited:

shimmerfly

I'm wondering if you have to be on ch 16 to get the TSY Ruin Shard offered?
I'm in chapter 14 and that whole page is still greyed out for me.

@able99
If the research has been completed and no shard I would contact support with as much info as possible so they can track it. (Aprox time date etc.)

able99

TY all. Time it happened was probably about an hour before my original post. I asked my fellowship first and got suggestion to log out and log back in. That did not resolve the issue. I will post this same issue to support and let you know results.

ajqtrz

You have to complete the research for a Wonder before you can get rune shards for it. This was a change done months ago from the old way, when you could get shards for an AW you could not even build.

Thanks, another interesting fact I didn't get when I didn't read about the updates. ;>)

AJ

able99

Well, Elvenar responded to my inquiry about the missing TSY Shard. They confirmed I did earn it and it was placed in my inventory. I had 1 slot open and when I inserted the Shard it turned into a broken shard. I subsequently got 2 more TSY shards and they also did not fill the open slot, but also turned into a broken shard.
I was told by member of my fs that in his experience the last shard always has to be forged from all the broken shards. We know shards randonly break from time to time, and I can accept that, but INNO has their finger on the scales and will not allow you to fill the last slot except thru Forging the last shard. So much for random breaking. Apparently you will always need 10 extra shards to upgrade an AW.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, Elvenar responded to my inquiry about the missing TSY Shard. They confirmed I did earn it and it was placed in my inventory. I had 1 slot open and when I inserted the Shard it turned into a broken shard. I subsequently got 2 more TSY shards and they also did not fill the open slot, but also turned into a broken shard.
I was told by member of my fs that in his experience the last shard always has to be forged from all the broken shards. We know shards randonly break from time to time, and I can accept that, but INNO has their finger on the scales and will not allow you to fill the last slot except thru Forging the last shard. So much for random breaking. Apparently you will always need 10 extra shards to upgrade an AW.

Like everything else in this game, it really is random. A couple of times I did not break a single shard and only needed 9 to fill the wheel. And other times I have put the first in place and then broken two or three in a row on that one filled spot. We just have to take the good luck with the bad.

NightshadeCS

I agree, it is random. It can just feel like it always takes forever on that last shard, since the random rune it generates each time can result in a duplicate 8 out of 9 times. To randomly forge the exact one you need out of 9 can take quite a lot of time if luck is not on your side, and often you are sitting with a nearly full broken shard bar by that point anyway.

able99

As I understand it when random shards are rewarded as tourney prize, the shard it putinto the inventory of the specific AW it belongs to. When I went to my TSY and saw a bunch of shards that could be placed, the are all TSY shards. I get that shards could break when placed, it happens all the time. As you start to fill an empty Ring most of the shard will go it, with only a few breaking. As the ring fills more and more break as you put shards in. for the last slot, every one will break. The only way to fill it is use 10 broken shards to forge the last shard, You will never catch a random break that it will fit, and that is the unfair part.

NightshadeCS

What we are saying is that the probability of randomly hitting on the correct rune shard for that last spot gets less (harder) but that it is not impossible (prohibited) in any way. That is simply the nature of randomness. You could get very lucky and hit the exact rune shard you needed for that last slot on the first try. The probability is that you will not, however, that you will get the "wrong" one for that slot several times, and that your broken rune shard bar will fill before you hit on the lucky winner.