• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobil Emulator ??

morewood

I see that Innogames is comming our with some new games but they can only run on a mobil platform.
I don't have a smart phone. Support said to use a mobil emulator on my pc.

Can anyone suggest a mobil emulator for me to use on my PC. Are they hard to load on your PC. I am using windows 10 on my pc.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gustoff

It is not clear from the BlueStack website:

The cost difference between BlueStack 5 and BlueStack using the cloud (5 allows play locally)?

Since almost all mobile platforms have touch screens, how it the emulator managing that on a conventional PC with mouse/keyboard controls and a non-touch screen?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
An emulator is faking both the hardware and software of the device via your computer's software (it can be resource intensive). In this case, BlueStack acts as your "fake" phone/tablet. Once you install BlueStack and run it, it looks like the window of an Android phone/tablet. You might need to "set up" this fake phone/tablet by assigning it an email like a regular phone. Then you would go to the Google App Store from the fake device to download the game as if you really have that mobile device. Once the game is installed, a shortcut would appear similar to PC. Click the game's shortcut to launch the game. You would use your mouse to move around as usual. You'd click instead of tap, and click and drag instead of swipe or flick gestures.

BlueStack is not hard to install or use. Just remember it's a 2 step process. You have to first launch BlueStack to "pretend" like you are turning on your smartphone/tablet. Then you have to launch whatever mobile game you've installed from within BlueStack.

morewood

Thanks for the information. I check the Bluestacks website. they say you need a minimum of 2 gb of ram but strongely suggest you have 8 gb to make it work properly. I will have to check what I have. I was interested how it would interfer with other internet use. From what I have seen I would have to have my grandson install it for me and get it working properly.

I think I will forget about the whole idea. I don't think I will have enough time to play the new games and still play Elvenar properly.

I appreciate the information and help received.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I've used both Blue Stacks and Nox. Blue Stacks and Nox performed fine thought sometimes a bit slower than I would have liked. I had to stop using BlueStacks when it crashed and even uninstalling, cleaning and a whole lot of tinkering didn't bring it back to the point I could use it. It still just crashed on start up. I then switched to Nox and it's fine.

I believe either one will probably work for you.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You likely have more than 2GB of RAM on a Win10 machine as it would run horribly if that’s all you got. Most are 8GB as default configuration. It wouldn’t interfere with Internet, but it uses a lot of RAM and CPU processing power to run an emulator, which means it could affect multitasking with multiple apps running. Depending on how old your PC is, you might also be just fine. I can still multitask with an emu running but my fan will come on and sound like a jet engine because it’s really pushing my CPU hard so it needs more cooling. I wouldn’t try to run something like Photoshop with an emu going though. Likewise, Elvenar itself is a RAM hog too, so might not want to run your new game with Elvenar open on browser, but that would mean you are playing two game at once. You should just try it and if it doesn’t work, can always uninstall. Elvenar on mobile has daily gifts you can claim then. You’ll also win cool grandpa of the year for knowing what an emulator is and using one :cool:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yeah, I'm on a Win 8.1 system with 16GB. I used both Bluestacks and Nox with I had only 8GB and it ran fine. Thanks, @crackie for reminding me to include a bit more information.

From my 20+ years involved in PC support I can tell you that the average machine is meant to run no more than 3 programs at a time. More than that and, unless you have a good machine, have upgraded your system a lot or are running relatively small programs, it will bog down. My recommendation to all is to remove/disable anything you can other than your virus protection and run as lean and clean as possible. That means the "stubs" in memory used to load programs 1/4 of a second faster (okay, maybe 2 seconds faster) probably cost more time than they are worth if you load them only once or twice a day. The secret to maximize performance is to put as much of your CPU and RAM as you can on the things you use all the time, rather than on the things you use rarely or once in a while.

This is just as true on a mobile which is usually loaded with all kinds of things you will never use. I don't take pictures, ever, so my phone has the cameras turned off and the software unloaded. Most people would not do that. But if you don't listen to media on you phone, why have it on? Or video conferencing? Or whatever. I also turned off the "launch ICBM's" app in my phone. That made the White House very happy, though with recent events I'm slightly tempted to turn it back on. LOL!

AJ