• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile App communication

Laochra

When will the mobile app players be able to access the messaging system?
Why did Inno create the app without any means of communication for these players? o_O:eek::confused:
The only way to reach them is if a player discovers how to join a fellowship.
This is like trying to fly a plane with no ground communication available. :eek::oops:

When recruiting, it is disheartening to see players that are trapped in a dead FS, but you can't reach them to offer support or a new home.

{Example: There is a 5-member FS in Felyndral & according to Elvenstats, 3 of them have been inactive since last year--including the AM. I have messaged the 2 remaining members who are active to offer them a new home, but have received no response. As they are newer members, I can only guess that they are playing via the app version of the game.}

DeletedUser15456

I have a neighbor that is very active and would be a huge asset to our FS, but like you, I believe she's playing the mobile version and not receiving inbox messages and FS invitations. It's very frustrating.

DeletedUser14866

Inno should have just waited on allowing mobile players to join fellowships. They can't share in most of the fellowship activities, and communication is limited. It's a major flaw in their planning. I have a fellowship crammed full of mobile players, who are lovely, but totally useless in adventures and tournaments, and they get frustrated that they can't do some of the things that we can. It's stupid.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You can't blame inno for wanting to tap into the mobile market, but the half-assed rollout over the last 7 months has been pretty bad...:(
How the App has 4.3 stars is beyond me.

Cellica Lurorah

I agree with everything said. Not to mention, if you don't use mobile or tablet apps, it's very hard to advise them. Chat keeps going in and out for all users. Find away to let them participate in tournaments at the very least.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
How the App has 4.3 stars is beyond me.
You are probably blocking out that for anyone with limited access, any ap is a huge bonus to what it was like before. As well as the fact that lots of players are not in fellowships and don't care about fellowships, tournaments, or donating KP to other players, and lots of new players have never used the browser version, so have no idea PMs exist.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
lots of new players have never used the browser
Right, and people are rating it based on how they like the game rather than in comparison to the browser version which makes sense. My scoring system would be completely different as I'm viewing it based on certain expectations.
I've never been a fan of 5 star rating systems because to me a perfect score either means zero room for improvement, or at least has met all of my expectations, which can be 2 totally different things- a third possibility is that any score is comparative meaning you are saying this is better than that. Rarely have I seen a chart that explains which of you are saying when you rate something.
To make things worse, usually 1 star is the minimum you can give meaning it's actually a 4 star system, and there's just not enough room with that.