• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile: Display zooms in whenever you use arrows to move between factories

DeletedUser19014

Game version: 1.91.0-9a3cac6-256 (us 1.92)
Game world: Elcysandir
Browser + version: N/A
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: iOS
Screen resolution: N/A
Account name: bethmo
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
Using the arrow keys to move between factories moves the display to center on the new factory, but also changes the zoom to maximum. It has been this way since the feature was released, and it becomes more and more aggravating the bigger my city gets -- especially during an event where there are buildings I'm trying not to click!

Expected situation:
Expect the program to respect the player's choice of zoom level and stop changing it arbitrarily.
__

Reproduction Steps
Have a large, high-chapter city with several empty factories of one type.
2. Pinch screen to un-zoom.
3. Click on a factory.
4. Set production, using the arrow on side of popup to move between factories.
5. Close the popup. Observe that you're zoomed in to maximum. Mutter obscenities as you try to find a safe spot to pinch the screen to un-zoom again.

DeletedUser20951

also changes the zoom to maximum
No, no, no, no, NO! I can't stand having the zoom manipulated without my permission! I feel distinctly claustrophobic when that happens and I feel your pain vicariously. FIX IT, INNO.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are days I wish it wouldn't change the zoom, but in general it doesn't bother me. I'm in favour of stopping the auto-zoom, but for me it's a pretty low priority vs. plenty of other issues,

Alistaire

There are days I wish it wouldn't change the zoom, but in general it doesn't bother me. I'm in favour of stopping the auto-zoom, but for me it's a pretty low priority vs. plenty of other issues,
Certainly. There's also somewhat of a workaround now that you can hit the back button to back out; you won't get zoomed, but then you can't take advantage of the left/right arrows. And still sometimes I'd rather just back out and hit them the old way if there's not too many of them.