• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

mobile messaging/mail

Aritra

In mail/messaging (accessed in user interface within city), I would like to see the format changed just a bit. The problem is that the X (exit) sits so close to the trashcan (delete). Several times I nearly deleted a thread on accident.
Since most people are so accustomed to the X being on the right, I doubt moving that to the other side is welcome. I'm hoping for a bit of space (doesn't need a lot, just more) between the X and trashcan button.
Alternatively, move the exit button to the bottom right. Because its not upper right as is commonly recognized, it would make more sense to say CLOSE instead of X.
This would still have the same problem as above, risking deleting the last visible thread if too near to trashcan.
I think the trashcan makes sense where it is, so its just a redesign of the window to put a bit of buffer there. I realize vertical space is limited but I'm confident this could be fixed, even if it is sacrificing one thread from being visible on the list to avoid changing the size dimensions of the window (the height of one row reallocated in the design as buffer between X and trashcan).

NightshadeCS

This must be specific to mobile, as there is no trash can symbol on PC, that I can tell. Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing so that we can better understand the problem and suggestion? :)

Blindsider66

I think I see what is happening here. The delete button is just below the close button on the message board. I've hit that puppy more than a few times myself and deleted parts of the KP thread in the process. Not very well received by the members of the fellowship looking to invest.

Moving the button may be a big job. How about putting a safety guard on the delete so you need to hit it a second time before it will actually delete. Simpler, yet not by much.

Peace.
Blindsider66
20200925115454.jpg

Aritra

@Blindsider66
Thanks for posting. Yes, this is the issue I've had. I'm careful, but they're so close sometimes it is a miss. I understand/agree about the difficulty in moving the X, mostly due to the space limitations (I'm not a coder). I like your idea of putting on a safety, requiring a second click with or without "are you sure?" question.

michmarc

What makes it quite bad is the oddity that deleting a message doesn't just delete that message but also deletes all future replies to that message. If it were like a normal inbox, you could get the thread back my having someone just bump the thread.

LordVorKon

Probably a worthwhile change, but in the meantime, tapping anywhere outside the messages pop-up closes the window also.

Aritra

There IS already a pop-up "are you sure you want to delete this message" when you hit the delete button.
Really? I didn't remember that the last time I accidentally hit it (which wasn't recent that I missed the X and hit the trashcan). My frustration has been building from how hard I have had to work to avoid it. (Others have claimed it happening to them without the safety "are you sure" question, but I don't have any threads I want to risk losing by testing it.)

I also didn't know about tapping outside of the window safely closing it (thanks @LordVorKon ).

:oops: Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.
I learned something, though, and hopefully it was helpful afterall to someone else. :oops:

Kekune

@Aritra I'm on android, dunno if there's a difference between devices. But I tested it by deleting a couple old threads. It came up every time I hit the delete.