• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mock battle

larbby

HI,

OK so this one may not make the first cut on the ideas, it does offer great learning and advancement for players.

How about if after a tournament battle is done and the reward collected, there is an option to do the battle again without any prize or points and without losing actual troops, just a mock battle.

This would allow users to test different troop configurations and see what works best. It will help everyone to get better at battles...

Thank you,
Larbby

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea. I like anything that seems more realistic. So at least reviewing the battle and being able to try different configurations so you can figure out why it didn't go as well as y you thought it would.

OR, perhaps, a separate practice arena where you face random configurations without the penalties/costs. Just for practice and just like the tournament. Same idea but with, perhaps, more flexibility a you face random OR they could let you pick the configuration and try different things.

AJ

larbby

I like the idea. I like anything that seems more realistic. So at least reviewing the battle and being able to try different configurations so you can figure out why it didn't go as well as y you thought it would.

OR, perhaps, a separate practice arena where you face random configurations without the penalties/costs. Just for practice and just like the tournament. Same idea but with, perhaps, more flexibility a you face random OR they could let you pick the configuration and try different things.

AJ
Thanks for liking!

The thing is to be able to redo the exact same battle with a different config to see what the best one is. It would not be fair to ask for it before the real battle, so right after is the best place to have it. This way we can re-fight the same battle as many times as we want to see how the different configs work out.

An addition to this idea would be to have a record of the results of each battle. That would put some real data at our fingertips.

I have been fighting in tournaments for months and I still don’t know what troops are best. I feel like I’m making educated guesses, but still they’re guesses. Seems like this would really help me.

larbby

I have been fighting in tournaments for months and I still don’t know what troops are best. I feel like I’m making educated guesses, but still they’re guesses. Seems like this would really help me.
I think it would help all of us. So many players have given up on fighting and setup their cities to make massive amounts of goods. They can't always score so much because it gets expensive at the higher provinces.
Now that all the battles are combined in each province, it makes it even harder to fight, the squad sizes get enormous. We all need to get better at fighting.