• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Moho Enters Ceravyn

Moho

Chef
Hi, everyone.
Today is my first day. You know what it's like.

I've just set up my little settlement among the ruins of a great imperial city whose fate was not merciful at all.
It makes you think.

elvenar.jpg

Moho

Chef
My start was a bit chaotic. I couldn't focus on what was really necessary and I wasted a lot of time doing too little over a long period of time or too much at the wrong time. I managed to discover some of my neighbors, I helped a few and got helped in return. I have just built the barracks and I'm training a small army to attack the easy targets in my vicinity. I'll probably be able to do it tomorrow.

That's all for now. Have fun and thrive. :)

Moho

Chef
I've done everything I said I would. I trained the small army and attacked the easy targets. I still don't understand how many units I have actually trained and what they consist of. While I was training the troops, the icon showed this basic fighter - and yet, when I engaged the army, I saw I could also make use of knights or bowmen. I won the fights because they were easy ones, but many died. They were all automatic battles, except for the one time when I pressed the wrong button and I had to control the warriors myself. I had no idea what to do and failed to maneuver them properly.

On the one hand I should follow the objectives in the story. On the other hand, I should find a smart way to develop my city, and that seems to involve enjoying a large amount of resources. Before everything else, I am going to upgrade the buildings that can secure the stuff I need to do everything else, even though I will have to wait patiently for all the upgrades to be possible, and then done.

This is my wisdom now, after yesterday's foolish start.

Iyapo1

On the one hand I should follow the objectives in the story.
Do not hesitate to decline the objectives presented by your advisors. Sometimes the advice is less than helpful and some advisors have tunnel vision. They will simply repeat themselves over and over...clear a province, gain relics, upgrade main hall etc. etc.

Dont hesitate to cancel quests that have a cancel button. There are Storyline quests that have no cancel button(until you leave the chapter they are assigned to) and daily quests that repeat over and over again.
The daily quests have a cancel button. Also there are situational quests that show up that have a cancel button but do not repeat(add culture, remove culture, fix your broken road, etc.)

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
"Do not hesitate to decline the objectives presented by your advisors."
I have just realized I should not worry about these objectives and set my own for a while, although I'm not going to ignore the advisor because there is some reward involved.

Thank you for all the advice. :)

Iyapo1

I'm not going to ignore the advisor because there is some reward involved.
There is a reward involved in doing as they ask but it might benifit you to cancel the requests you dont want to do right now and repeatedly gain rewards for the ones you are doing right now. For example if your warmonger wants you to clear a province and a building is about to upgrade...cancel quests until the upgrade quest is in place. And then when you decide to clear a province just cancel until your warmonger shows back up. The dailies repeat over and over you can roll them endlessly...in higher chapters they increase in number and rolling them becomes irritating.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Welcome to the game and forums, @Moho !
There's a player maintained site that's extremely helpful called Elven Gems. Here's a link:
Elven Gems Apprentices
There's an overwhelming amount of info on the site. That link will drop you into the very beginning basics. Once you've gone through that, look to the right at the rectangular bars and start browsing around in Basic Strategy.
There are 'tournament' guides as well for the various province types that help with choosing military units. They recently changed the tourney structure, so these guides no longer apply to the tourney province battles, but they are still accurate for the 'exploring the map' province battles. Ex: If you want to fight in a 'marble' map province look at the marble tourney guide; for a 'steel' map province, look at the steel tourney guide, etc.
Since you probably have no idea yet what a tourney is: you get access to those once you join a Fellowship. I recommend joining one once you get a Trader. That will make it much easier for you to build only boosted factories and trade for the other 2 goods. Try to look for one with a range of scores. Having a mix of large and small cities is way more helpful than one with all cities around the same size, facing the same challenges and not nearly as able to help each another.
The biggest thing in this game? Have fun!

Moho

Chef
Thank you for all the advice and the link. I have already visited that site, where there is indeed a lot of information to digest.
I am now part of a fellowship, which will help me avoid stupid mistakes and grow.

Now that I'm smarter, all I need is to focus on the game like everyone else. :)
yRj6aJf - Imgur.jpg

Last edited: