• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moon Bear disaster

Tom of the wood

I have been on a timer for a week and it appears I won't be able to reach level ten because of it. I have been working day and night on this and now with this stupid timer I could end up short of the mark. I am really upset to the point where I am wondering why I am playing anymore.

shimmerfly

I'm so sorry your luck stinks! Mine hasn't been very good either. Don't leave over this. There may be a fix in the future.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Sadly what they don't tell you is how fast you have to finish the list to get to the timed parts which is one of the ways of improving your score as you get more daily quests than if you finish a day or two later. If you finish the list after about 15 days (I'm not sure of the exact time) you don't have enough quests left at 1 per day to amass enough keys to get through the star maps enough times. It's all very complicated and takes a number things, part of which are: getting through the early non-timed quests so you get to the daily ones; doing the daily ones consistently; collecting as many keys as you can; and luck in the treasure chests -- getting extra keys from time to time. I don't think they ever intended most players to get to level 10 and thus will probably offer some artifacts in future FA's etc.

Kekune

Sadly what they don't tell you is how fast you have to finish the list to get to the timed parts which is one of the ways of improving your score as you get more daily quests than if you finish a day or two later. If you finish the list after about 15 days (I'm not sure of the exact time) you don't have enough quests left at 1 per day to amass enough keys to get through the star maps enough times. It's all very complicated and takes a number things, part of which are: getting through the early non-timed quests so you get to the daily ones; doing the daily ones consistently; collecting as many keys as you can; and luck in the treasure chests -- getting extra keys from time to time. I don't think they ever intended most players to get to level 10 and thus will probably offer some artifacts in future FA's etc.
You get the same number of quests, regardless. The daily quests unlock a day at a time, but you can access all previously unlocked quests. It does not matter when you finish the fix quests, except that if you're very slow in those you may simply be too slow to finish. But that isn't because of the system - you just didn't finish. You would have had the same opportunity to do so as someone who finished the fixed quest line on the first day.

Kekune

Also, to the OP: I finished the main quest line early, and will finish all the dailies too. I've chosen chests that maximize my chances of evolutions. I might squeak out a lvl9 bear, but lvl8 looks more likely.

In other words, it's designed this way. There are two more artifacts in the upcoming FA, and they apparently want us to be motivated for that.

AtaguS

This seems much more on par with events from years gone where the grand prize (in this case a fully evolved bear) was out of reach for the majority of players. I didn't mind things that way because the daily prizes were generally prize enough. But having had a taste of it the other way around, it's a bitter pill, lol. I suppose it's a step up that they give us 2 more artifacts in the FA but being driven into the FA for them is not ideal either. In any case, I feel ya - it seems Inno is still trying to work out its own balancing issues and we are on the boat rocking this way and that in the meantime. I hope you stick around...they'll figure this out eventually!

StarLoad

No worries.. There should be a fellowship adventure after the event which should give the artifacts you need :)

Well I guess you can worry if you are not in a fellowship though :(
I disagree, in that the event itself should not be rigged to the point that you are not going to get all you need to evolve your bear, that is flat out wrong. And to say that the NORM is to have the FA give you two more chances and that we accept this as natural is also wrong.

I do not support the idea that we as players should accept this as a NORMAL and we must make our feelings known that this isn't acceptable.

Ivy1996

I have all nine artifacts and still have to finish todays and tomorrows quest and have some keys to spare. I only went for the 'chests' which got me to the grand prizes most quickly. Occasionally I have a timer badge for a couple of hours so I could align with finishing a scouting for a province (those take three days now), but apart from that, I found it quite doable (chapter 16). However, key is selecting the chests which get you to the grand prize. Those are the 139 and 121 ones.

Edit: gained 10 artifacts in the end and will get another two in the FA. Am not complaining.

Last edited:

Kekune

I disagree, in that the event itself should not be rigged to the point that you are not going to get all you need to evolve your bear, that is flat out wrong. And to say that the NORM is to have the FA give you two more chances and that we accept this as natural is also wrong.

I do not support the idea that we as players should accept this as a NORMAL and we must make our feelings known that this isn't acceptable.
I guess I see it as, they REALLY want us to spend diamonds. I don't love that, but I understand it. The FA at least provides a path for free players to get it later.

Gath Of Baal

I did manage to get 9 moonbear artifacts without having to spend or buy diamonds, but i opted to turn 2 of them via the magic academy to evolve my level 9 Brown Bear to level 10, so the Fellowship adventure artifacts will give what i need to finish it. So it is possible to get your moonbear to level 10 without the fellowship adventure via normal game play through out this event, my normal game play is only logging onto the game 2x a day

Edit: in all fairness though I did get alot of free keys when opening chests

Last edited:

Aritra

However, key is selecting the chests which get you to the grand prize. Those are the 139 and 121 ones.
Just wanted to comment about the chests (I'm basically agreeing with you, just adding my two cents).
In the beginning, my first event, I had no idea what was going on and missed out on a lot. My second event had me participating, and learned a few things the hard way.
My first event or two I always opened the chest with the least number of keys, thinking it would move me on quicker. After an event or two (longer than it should have), I figured out that method was moving me too slowly through constellation (or whatever). In events since then, when I have three chests, I don't look at the number of keys required or chest contents; I only look at stardust points (or whatever that event is using). The highest stardust points is what I'm gathering keys to open because the goal is to move through the constellation (in this case) as fast as possible to reach the larger prizes (if all three chests have equal number stardust, then I take the one with fewest keys to get me to the next sooner).

StarLoad

... However, key is selecting the chests which get you to the grand prize. Those are the 139 and 121 ones.
However, the key is getting the 139 and 121 chests, to begin with, it does not help that the chances to get them is reduced by the chest from 49 thru 63 only give 1 Stardust unlike past events (50% reduction) or the 81 that is 2 but prior events were 3. oh and where did that 19 key chests go? Clearly, the event was stacked against the player overall to get a fully evolved moon bear.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I found it quite doable (chapter 16). However, key is selecting the chests which get you to the grand prize. Those are the 139 and 121 ones.
dit: in all fairness though I did get alot of free keys when opening chests
I have 2 identical cities which I played identically. One filled 2 entire constellations more than the other simply by winning keys while the other did not. Picking "the right chests" isn't enough if you have bad luck. Hitting that +500 keys once or twice is a total game-changer and I'm not a fan of dumb luck making a ~20% difference in the outcome.

StarLoad

When you deconstruct the event to see what is the best chest choices for the grand prize as is done for every event it should come as no surprise that INNO took that information and used it against the players in stacking this events odds.

Look at the history of events
Phoenix 2020 -- Feathers / Grand Prize -- Light Wood (19), Red (84), Gold (53)
Elvarian Carnival -- Flags / Grand Prize -- Light Wood(18), Blue (30), Gold (54)
Autumn Zodiac 2019 -- Stardust/Grand Prizes -- Chests 18, 29, 85
Mermaids -- Pearls/Grand Prizes -- Clam (18), Cantharus (29), Yellow Prickly Cockle (85)

This event
Autumn Zodiac 2020 -- Grand Prize -- Golden Keys 139, Golden Keys 121

If that does not speak volumes to you as to how the event was rigged against you then I feel sorry for you.

Deleted User - 4565442

After seeing how they sell all bear buildings and artifacts it's became clear to me why events are more and more disappointing and they don't want for us to have universal artifacts.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I got 10 artifacts in 2 of my cities and looks like I am going to get 9 in the third. I picked the 139 and 121 point chests whenever possible. If 1 of them was not available I picked the 26 point chest if possible. The only difference is the 3 cities is that the city which only got 9 artifacts did not get as many extra keys from chests.

Gath Of Baal

I have 2 identical cities which I played identically. One filled 2 entire constellations more than the other simply by winning keys while the other did not. Picking "the right chests" isn't enough if you have bad luck. Hitting that +500 keys once or twice is a total game-changer and I'm not a fan of dumb luck making a ~20% difference in the outcome.

Yeah, I guess Elvenar loves me or something :p I won keys like 7 or 8 times, with a lucky string of 500 3 chests in a row and the other times winning smaller key prizes.. I quit doing the event quest line a few days ago at quest 68/75 , so if i really wanted I could probably fill in another constellation