• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moon Bear disaster

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have 2 identical cities which I played identically. One filled 2 entire constellations more than the other simply by winning keys while the other did not. Picking "the right chests" isn't enough if you have bad luck. Hitting that +500 keys once or twice is a total game-changer and I'm not a fan of dumb luck making a ~20% difference in the outcome.
I agree. I have played the best chests for progressing in the zodiacs (in order to get the most artifacts I can). I've been here multiple times a day, always collected, and have all quests but the last one (of course) completed. I'll do that one tonight. During the event with the golem, I wound up with a fully evolved one PLUS four artifacts left over. The same goes for the May tree ... four artifacts left over. This time, I have gotten 7 moon bear artifacts and am working on the last one, but unless I get the 500 keys the next time I try for a chest (I don't have enough keys left to try yet, but I will after the last quest), then there's no way I'll get that 8th artifact. Therefore, even the two artifacts I get in the FA would only leave me with a level 9 moonbear (if I wanted it ... I'm actually converting them for my brown bear, but that's another matter.)

For anyone who visits Elvenar at least 5x a day, as I do, and who completes all quests and STILL can't level up their moon bear fully, that's a pretty sad state of affairs. I'm not a fan of luck, and I doubt I'll get that 500 keys on my one last shot. To go from how easy it was for the Golem and the May Tree to how hard it is this time really isn't fair. I wouldn't have minded not having four left over artifacts, but to not even have enough is ridiculous, imho. :(

hvariidh gwendrot

once again i 100% agree with if you do this much you should get this much .. equal effort and different results due to what's in the chests or orbs or whatever they call the random chance items you pick from is just wrong in every way ..plus they did increase the amounts needed to open them this adventure making it unlikely to get 10 artifacts from just the event

Darielle

I got 10 artifacts in 2 of my cities and looks like I am going to get 9 in the third. I picked the 139 and 121 point chests whenever possible. If 1 of them was not available I picked the 26 point chest if possible. The only difference is the 3 cities is that the city which only got 9 artifacts did not get as many extra keys from chests.
That was my strategy too, Henroo. :)

Darielle

When you deconstruct the event to see what is the best chest choices for the grand prize as is done for every event it should come as no surprise that INNO took that information and used it against the players in stacking this events odds.

Look at the history of events
Phoenix 2020 -- Feathers / Grand Prize -- Light Wood (19), Red (84), Gold (53)
Elvarian Carnival -- Flags / Grand Prize -- Light Wood(18), Blue (30), Gold (54)
Autumn Zodiac 2019 -- Stardust/Grand Prizes -- Chests 18, 29, 85
Mermaids -- Pearls/Grand Prizes -- Clam (18), Cantharus (29), Yellow Prickly Cockle (85)

This event
Autumn Zodiac 2020 -- Grand Prize -- Golden Keys 139, Golden Keys 121

If that does not speak volumes to you as to how the event was rigged against you then I feel sorry for you.
Exactly!

Gath Of Baal

This time, I have gotten 7 moon bear artifacts and am working on the last one, but unless I get the 500 keys the next time I try for a chest (I don't have enough keys left to try yet, but I will after the last quest), then there's no way I'll get that 8th artifact. Therefore, even the two artifacts I get in the FA would only leave me with a level 9 moonbear

I think you only need 9 artifacts to get it to evolve it to level 10, I think it starts out when you place it at level 1. Im not placing mine either, but its nice to always have the artifacts in storage just in case

Edit: yeah I just placed mine and then sold it, to check and it does start off at level 1

Last edited:

Aritra

@Gath Of Baal
Does the event stop providing artifacts after the nine it would take to evolve the event's item to ten? Or could you get more than you need (far fetched according to what's being said here, but possible)?

Pheryll

Set Designer
After the ninth artifact, the next grand prize is a moon bear base and the grand prize following it is another moon bear artifact. So the artifact progression continues allowing you to have multiple moon bears.

Aritra

@Pheryll
In the corner where it shows which grand prize is next, and the next two following, I have KP, then artifact, then a moon bear. I have acquired eight and this would be ninth to take my bear to lvl ten.

Except I'm evolving a different bear, so it is a half artifact for me. Four evolutions with the eight, one more if I can get that tenth artifact but I'm thinking it quite unlikely for a few reasons. Glad to know getting that tenth is at least a possibility, though unlikely.

(If I don't get the tenth, I'll have to hold onto that ninth for a bit and see how this plays out. It disenchants for a pretty penny, but if there's a chance future events will continue like this, then I should hold onto it. Even if they have 2-1 option next time, however, it doesn't mean those artifacts are compatible with this one, so I'm not holding my breath.)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It disenchants for a pretty penny, but if there's a chance future events will continue like this, then I should hold onto it.
As a rule, I don't disenchant anything I can't easily replace. The brown bear and polar bear are still very good and new players will want them. This points towards being able to convert artifacts for them again in the future.
Also, there's a tiny possibility that inno will implement some kind of artifact shards. Perhaps we will be able to smash any artifact into 1/10 or 1/5 of a universal artifact.

Aritra

As a rule, I don't disenchant anything I can't easily replace. The brown bear and polar bear are still very good and new players will want them. This points towards being able to convert artifacts for them again in the future.
Also, there's a tiny possibility that inno will implement some kind of artifact shards. Perhaps we will be able to smash any artifact into 1/10 or 1/5 of a universal artifact.
There's no guarantee future artifacts will be compatible, or if it requires conversions from that event alone (like this one). We'll just have to wait and see if the useless half will be useful in the future. (And if it can't used, I will disenchant it.)

Pheryll

Set Designer
(And if it can't used, I will disenchant it.)
How long will you wait to find out? That is the question. There are some players with hundreds of artifacts betting on something to be implemented that will give them a huge advantage once they cash in, and because of the endless quest system, many of these players are free players.

Aritra

How long will you wait to find out?
I don't know.
Just because they're not compatible at next event (if this is the case), it doesn't mean they won't be at a different event.
Don't want to wait forever. It's definitely wasted then. At some point I'll have to call it, cash it in and move on. When? How long? No idea.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How long will you wait to find out?
Don't want to wait forever. It's definitely wasted then.
That's only true if disenchanting it would give you something you aren't getting. On 2/3 accounts I'm getting SF from the spire and its rewards faster than I can spend them in crafting so 2,000 more SF would do nothing for me. Eventually, and almost certainly before the next bear event, you'll hit that point too.

NightshadeCS

I agree with Soggy. I am in no need for spell fragments, so it doesn't hurt me at all to leave all evolutions and bases sitting around in my inventory.

Those who don't play the Spire will be in a different situation, of course. I would suggest to those people that they go ahead and win a few "useless" buildings to disenchant every event.

Darielle

I think you only need 9 artifacts to get it to evolve it to level 10, I think it starts out when you place it at level 1. Im not placing mine either, but its nice to always have the artifacts in storage just in case

Edit: yeah I just placed mine and then sold it, to check and it does start off at level 1
Yes, you are right of course; I misspoke. I didn't think of it because I need three more artifacts to get two old bear artifacts from the MA. I was hoping to get enough artifacts from this event to pull a brown bear from level 5 to level 10. But as it is now, it will be at level 9 after the FA (assuming I can convert those after the FA), with one moonbear artifact left over. I guess I should be grateful to get 4 more evolves, but compared to Golem or May Tree, that's dismal.

Darielle

I don't know.
Just because they're not compatible at next event (if this is the case), it doesn't mean they won't be at a different event.
Don't want to wait forever. It's definitely wasted then. At some point I'll have to call it, cash it in and move on. When? How long? No idea.
You should wait at least a year, for the same event to come around again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You should wait at least a year, for the same event to come around again.

I only keep Phoenix and Bear, as the chances of anything else repeating are slim to none, primarily because none of the others use pet food and because they took all those buildings out of crafting. And the May Tree base will probably get removed soon too.

mikeledo

I did get 2 bear bases in 2 of my cities without spending any money or using diamonds. I did hit the 500 keys 2 times and the 200 keys once or twice. Will be able to complete one if I desire and be able to use 2 artifacts to convert although I am not sure why I would do that.