• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moon or Brown?

Kekune

If they're equally evolved, I'd say brown bear. But I'm guessing you're comparing a fully (or at least mostly) evolved moon bear with a less- evolved brown bear, so you'll have to assess how significant that gap is .

I am personally going for brown bear, even at a lower level of evolutions, in my city that does not have one. I think the brown is that much better.

StarLoad

Would be nice to have an option but have no "old Bears" and not seen one to craft and all I can do is convert moon bears to old bears on the hopes that I actually get a brown bear to craft. Very crappy odds to say the least. Better off doing none of it and not be disappointed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Would be nice to have an option but have no "old Bears" and not seen one to craft and all I can do is convert moon bears to old bears on the hopes that I actually get a brown bear to craft. Very crappy odds to say the least. Better off doing none of it and not be disappointed.
I play in 3 worlds. So far I have gotten the Brown Bear to craft in one. Have not seen it in the other 2 yet. It is there, just be patient and keep looking for it.

AtaguS

Ooooh I've been struggling with this question as well so am glad to see some feedback here already. Today my first conversion spell popped up in the MA and I went for it...which I guess means I've decided Brown Bear too, like @Kekune

The kp on the moon bear is alluring, but that's a lot of pet food to keep it at that output...and if it isn't at that output regularly then I think even a level 6 or 7 Brown Bear has more longevity for my game. So I'll save the pet food for my fire phoenix and brown bear and hope to gain the KP back in the tournaments. Now...fingers crossed I can actually get my brown bear to level 6 or 7.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@AtaguS I am likewise going for the Brown Bear conversion. In addition to the bonus troops from feeding it, it is also going to automatically make troops. Win/win! Rumor has it a fellowship adventure is coming next, so that should be a chance to get more artifacts, which should help level it a little further. As far as knowledge point production, I actually thought the Coldfire Phoenix was better than the Moon Bear. And I also passed on it in favor of converting artifacts and making a Fire Phoenix.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@AtaguS It is even better than that! Vallorian Guards are only the stage 1 production. If you get it to stage 4 or higher it starts to make Guards and Faineant Frogs. At stage 7 or higher, it makes Guards, Frogs, and Orc Warriors. :)

NightshadeCS

Someone made a good point in my FS today, and that is with the new way that troops will be generated (un-linking the three military buildings and having a separate queue for each), that a Brown Bear may not be as useful in particular to people further along who have all three fairly highly upgraded.

This will require a wait and see aspect for me, but I may be using so many supplies to run those three buildings that feeding the Brown Bear happens less and less. I still love the free troops from that building, though.

I would hazard a guess that for early game, especially if you don't have a Phoenix to feed all the time, the Brown Bear will still be the best choice. For late game, I think the Moon Bear is pretty attractive with all the KP I can get (the Chapter 16 KP requirements are my current limiting factor).