• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

moon stone

DeletedUser26243

moon stone will b my sediment boost later in game so I have place 2 marble manufactures as I only have standard boost stuff placed n I see moon stone doesn't happen till it is leveled up to like 24 I think n in rite chapter I guess my question is am I doing this the rite way. i never hear any on talk bout this n will u always need moon stone or what ever it may be in your game. n also also will I need other sediment boosts items later on down the road.:marble:

shimmerfly

Hi @nativedeer,
Yes you are correct that they need to be level 24 and you will need to upgrade your trader too.
Yes you will need the sentient goods through out the game now. And yes you will need more of them as you progress. Maybe this link will help or come back and ask agan... I'm sure someone else will chime in! They are called sentient goods

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Unless you spend time in between chapters and have spare teleport spells. If so, level up your future sentient factories and store them til you can level them again or need them.
I don't really see any point in doing that TBH. Parking in a chapter to level buildings you don't need until future chapters instead of leveling them in those future chapters doesn't give any advantage as far as I can tell.
Besides, you're clouding the issue: I was trying to not-so-subtly hint that the OP shouldn't have any non-boosted without going into a whole thing.

DeletedUser26243

thanks for the answers to my question
You should ONLY build planks, silk, and gem factories in your city until you complete chapter 11.
Then, and only then should you add a marble factory or two to your city.
I like that only building T1 T2 nT3 factories makes it so much easier n a super big plus if u happen to be in a good FS thanks for helping me out

DeletedUser26243

thanks for the answers to my question

I like that only building T1 T2 nT3 factories makes it so much easier n a super big plus if u happen to be in a good FS thanks for helping me out
u see so many times people with all the factories of every kind they can squeeze in I just cant see it

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I don't really see any point in doing that TBH. Parking in a chapter to level buildings you don't need until future chapters instead of leveling them in those future chapters doesn't give any advantage as far as I can tell.
Besides, you're clouding the issue: I was trying to not-so-subtly hint that the OP shouldn't have any non-boosted without going into a whole thing.

So the quetion becomes:

What are the advantages/disadvantages in building those sentient producing buildings ahead of when they are needed?

Advantages: Ready when you need them and thus not a road block. This is a psychological advantage as it doesn't save any of the costs.

Disadvantage: The space and resources used to build the sentient production building ahead of time could be used for something else at that time. The value of this would be very dependent on the city and the playing style of the player, I would think.

Thus, it boils down to a cost/benefit ration where the costs are not fully measurable due to the complexity of the city and the value to the player of the psychological aspects, vs the benefits, again complex and psychological.

Though, from this I think the OP is actually on the right track for two reasons.

1) You have to get the boosted sentient building to level 24. You can do that ahead of time or you can wait until you need it in chapter 12(?). Doing it ahead of time, in chapters 10 and 11 perhaps, means you are ready when you need it. I found this to be encouraging when I did it.

2) Even if you get to level 24 early you can use a teleport spell to save the building until you need it or continue building it up if you can (depends on the chapter you are in.) I did both. I have several in storage now and have brought some back as needed.

In the end then, it appears to me to be a question of player preference as computing the costs/benefit ratio is fraught with complexities.

At least that's how I see it. I could be wrong.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
1) You have to get the boosted sentient building to level 24. You can do that ahead of time or you can wait until you need it in chapter 12(?). Doing it ahead of time, in chapters 10 and 11 perhaps, means you are ready when you need it. I found this to be encouraging when I did it.
I can see a point in some cities doing this a chapter early, but the OP is in chapter 6.
2) Even if you get to level 24 early you can use a teleport spell to save the building until you need it or continue building it up if you can (depends on the chapter you are in.) I did both. I have several in storage now and have brought some back as needed.
Yup, teleport spells are good, but it's a pretty huge waste to

1. level a couple of buildings to 15 (max) then
  2. teleport them out
  3. 2 chapters later, teleport them back in,
  4. upgrade to 19 (max),
  5. teleport out,
  6. 2 chapters later teleport them back in
  7. upgrade to 23(max)
  8. teleport them out
  9. 2 chapters later teleport them back in
  10. Upgrade to 24 once you unlock the tech to do so.

There's actually enough time to level a Marble building from zero to 23 while you are progressing from chapter 12 advanced scouts to the sentient boost tech (361 KP needed including Trader). I had no problem doing that, and we didn't even have time reducers like now.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I can see a point in some cities doing this a chapter early, but the OP is in chapter 6.

Yup, teleport spells are good, but it's a pretty huge waste to

1. level a couple of buildings to 15 (max) then
  2. teleport them out
  3. 2 chapters later, teleport them back in,
  4. upgrade to 19 (max),
  5. teleport out,
  6. 2 chapters later teleport them back in
  7. upgrade to 23(max)
  8. teleport them out
  9. 2 chapters later teleport them back in
  10. Upgrade to 24 once you unlock the tech to do so.

There's actually enough time to level a Marble building from zero to 23 while you are progressing from chapter 12 advanced scouts to the sentient boost tech (361 KP needed including Trader). I had no problem doing that, and we didn't even have time reducers like now.

Yeah, I have to admit I didn't pay attention to the OP's chapter. I assumed, incorrectly, he was in Ch 10 or so. My mistake. Still, the overall point is valid. It does, as you acknowledge, depend on the player and the city. But for the OP it's probably better to wait until ch 10 or so before starting any S1 Goods.

AJ

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Parking in a chapter to level buildings you don't need until future chapters instead of leveling them in those future chapters doesn't give any advantage as far as I can tell.

The whole point of parking towns nowadays is to do tournament (maybe spire) isnt it? ;). Then you have ample time to mess around and prep buildings like sentients to teleport out. If one is doing spire those early PP spells can save you lots if not all the guest race space or doing things like preparing buildings along with the teleports to store them.