• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moonstone Library goods adjustment

Palavyn

It's been proposed before, but I propose the goods in the Moonstone library be changed to player boost +1 and/or +2.

In particular:
Endless Scroll: Player T2 boost (instead of always scrolls flooding the market with massive amounts)
Moonstone Gate: Player S1 boost OR Player S3 boost (instead of always Moonstone or Cosmic Bismuth)
Gum Tree: +1 player S1 boost

When it was made available as a reward in the Spire, it seems INNO didn't realize that any player would place more than one Moonstone Library set in their city. This has resulted in an overabundance of Moonstone, Gum, and especially Scrolls and Cosmic Bismuth. As players are placing more and more sets in their cities, this problem continues to get worse and worse. It seems INNO has no idea, or worse, doesn't care about how the Library Set has ruined the game for some players boosted in the goods that it offers.

Pros: Goods would eventually become more in balance.
Cons: It will take a while for the scrolls market to get back into balance. The sentient goods market would likely get back into balance faster and then swing out of balance in the other direction temporarily.

Last edited:

ET-inf3rno

Boost+1 is the best I think, because the Boost+1 T2 can be used for S2 production. Not sure what advantage/disadvantage the others have.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
From looking at how they are doing the Spire prizes and crafting, I doubt the goods will be changed at all, since it looks like going forward it will now be impossible to get more than one of each piece in the set, if you do not already have multiples already. I guess Inno is expecting older players with multiple sets to stop using some of them or maybe to just quit the game.

Deleted User - 1178646

I like the base concept, and we have argued for Boost+1 or Boost+2 but I actually think Boost+0 would be best as it encourages trading.
I am totally fine with either +0 or +1, less with +2

+0 is your bonus +1 is very common, but +2 doesnt exist, this leaves a backdoor that always forces you to trade and not be 100% self sustaining and therefore able to ignore the market. this keeps the market running.

I'am one of the few with the old harvest set in insanity mode. as this makes all 3 t1 goods it has made me ingore that market for years now, so I think it would be a bad move to roll that out to every player.

ET-inf3rno

From looking at how they are doing the Spire prizes and crafting, I doubt the goods will be changed at all, since it looks like going forward it will now be impossible to get more than one of each piece in the set, if you do not already have multiples already. I guess Inno is expecting older players with multiple sets to stop using some of them or maybe to just quit the game.
I have 10 sets and I don't plan to remove them. On the contrary, I want to build more, because I am always short on catalysts.

Palavyn

+0 is your bonus +1 is very common, but +2 doesnt exist, this leaves a backdoor that always forces you to trade and not be 100% self sustaining and therefore able to ignore the market. this keeps the market running.
In the proposal, I changed most buildings to player boost (+0). But Gum Tree to +1 since both it and the Moonstone Gate can give S1 goods.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
This same basic idea was developed in more detail and forwarded to the devs last summer:
Adjust Spire Set Goods Output
I'm not opposed to sending them a similar suggestion again! If they didn't see it as an issue when we sent the first one, maybe if they keep seeing suggestions about it they'll look into the problem more. That said, I'm not sure the mods will be willing to send it to them...
I have 10 sets and I don't plan to remove them. On the contrary, I want to build more, because I am always short on catalysts.
Same here. I sure hope this isn't their idea of a 'fix' to the problem.

ET-inf3rno

This same basic idea was developed in more detail and forwarded to the devs last summer:
Adjust Spire Set Goods Output
I'm not opposed to sending them a similar suggestion again! If they didn't see it as an issue when we sent the first one, maybe if they keep seeing suggestions about it they'll look into the problem more. That said, I'm not sure the mods will be willing to send it to them...

Same here. I sure hope this isn't their idea of a 'fix' to the problem.
Another option could be that they introduce different sets with different fixed goods production.

Palavyn

Possible, but I think it'd be sad to just remove that much trading from the game.
Spreading out players' sentient goods production would have minimal affect on the amount of trading in the game. This is because each research achievement usually requires a huge amount of 1-2 resources. So the more spread out you are, the more you have to use trades to focus on those specific resources.

Of course, non-sentient goods is another story.

Erivan

Multiple long time players in my FS are switching cities, worlds, or quitting because of the goods imbalance created by the Moonstone Library. Even the Archmage of my FS is talking of abandoning her city because her boosted goods have been rendered worthless. Please fix this before the economic imbalance destroys my FS and the game.

Boosted +0, +1, or +2 seems to be the pattern otherwise followed, and seems like it would be an immediate fix to the imbalance?

Thank you!

ellybear

Thank you for proposing again in the ideas and suggestions thread. I know this has come up in many threads before and it's frustrating that the devs aren't listening. I'm not new to the game but new to the forum and rarely ever post but felt the need to post, seriously dev, this is a huge problem! I like the idea of changing the scroll output to boosted + 0.

Sprite1313

I can't help but think that it only worsens the problem to put the spire items in the MA. Maybe they think they can limit it there, but they're just giving extra freebies to those who don't do the spire. Gosh, talk about cutting off your leg to fix a broken toe. :(

I agree. I imagine part of their thinking is that this will eventually eliminate the large library farms that some cities have, but that is going to take a while. If they are also looking at future sets that will provide catalysts/crystal and catalysts/silk, they may think that will “balance” the market. Sadly, I don’t see how it could.

Iyapo1

I can't help but think that it only worsens the problem to put the spire items in the MA. Maybe they think they can limit it there, but they're just giving extra freebies to those who don't do the spire. Gosh, talk about cutting off your leg to fix a broken toe. :(
If you delete all your moonstone pieces you can go craft that "freebie" too.

People with 1 moonstone set did not cause this and they are not going to make it worse. The production numbers are to low.