• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moonstone Library goods adjustment

Deleted User - 1178646

So the mana plant and gum tree give dust at orc level and lower but how much difference can that make? I've never gained a checkmark on a goods quest from this, while I have from the Library.

I have no issue trading my dust away with my chapter 4 account that has many mana plants and gum trees

Iyapo1

I honestly think the easiest solution would be to turn them into expiring buildings. Combine that with only being able to craft one and eventually all the boneyards would be gone. It would take a while because of inventories but eventually...solved

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I honestly think the easiest solution would be to turn them into expiring buildings. Combine that with only being able to craft one and eventually all the boneyards would be gone. It would take a while because of inventories but eventually...solved
And replace with what? The CCs are a big part of the set, and appreciated, by my newer cities which will never have the relics resources of my older cities.

ET-inf3rno

Taking away 10 catalyst per day would hurt a lot. If it is compensated somehow, then ok.

Erivan

And replace with what? The CCs are a big part of the set, and appreciated, by my newer cities which will never have the relics resources of my older cities.
I'd personally like a smaller set building that only focused on the crafting goods. Or even keep the size the same and phase/out or remove the goods production and increase the catalysts and spell fragments as a trade off.

Regardless, the biggest issue I see is the imbalance of the economy because of this building. No matter what the solution is, everything and everyone is held together because of their boosted goods. Players boosted in Dust, Scrolls, or BOTH are left feeling cheated at having devalued production while others have and unfair advantage. All because the goods were set as fixed instead of being +1 and +2 as it is with most everything else.

Erivan

I have no issue trading my dust away with my chapter 4 account that has many mana plants and gum trees
Is it fair to assume you are not boosted in dust or scrolls?

Also, I will say to your earlier response, you do bring up a fair point about not making a drastic, sudden change. I believe this problem could be addressed with enough advanced notice. Players should have time to start building up their production in preparation. Also to be fair, I don't know anyone who has 6xT3 manufactories.

Regardless, I'm not on here to fight or dispute, only to hopefully help contribute and bring about a better gaming experience for myself and others.
~Cheers

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I think most players with multiple Moonstone Libraries are interested in the additional CCs, not in the extra Scrolls. New players will never be able to get multiple Libraries and get the extra CCs. Why not introduce a future evolving building that gives a CC every day at higher levels of evolution? Then a new player would be able to have 1 Moonstone library and 1 of the future evolving building. It would be 2 extra CCs a day. Which is 1 more than what is possible right now for a player who does not already have a boneyard.

Lelanya

Say again: of my 9 cities, 5 are scroll producers, 2 paired with dust, and I have no trouble whatsoever trading them out at 2 star. Please stop treating these goods like they are garbage. They're not. Half the problem is the perception that these goods have less value.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Half the problem is the perception that these goods have less value.
and the other half?

I, and many others have inventories where more than half of our T2 goods are scrolls and we're not even boosted in them.
In some map areas, there is simply an overabundance of scrolls production. I've tried to mitigate this for my FS by adding 8 fully leveled T2 factories, but I can only do so much.

Deleted User - 1178646

Is it fair to assume you are not boosted in dust or scrolls?

Also, I will say to your earlier response, you do bring up a fair point about not making a drastic, sudden change. I believe this problem could be addressed with enough advanced notice. Players should have time to start building up their production in preparation. Also to be fair, I don't know anyone who has 6xT3 manufactories.

Regardless, I'm not on here to fight or dispute, only to hopefully help contribute and bring about a better gaming experience for myself and others.
~Cheers

You assumed wrong:
https://www.elvenstats.com/player/nl2/45247

Say again: of my 9 cities, 5 are scroll producers, 2 paired with dust, and I have no trouble whatsoever trading them out at 2 star. Please stop treating these goods like they are garbage. They're not. Half the problem is the perception that these goods have less value.
I wish it was perception, I really wish it was.
This problem is less prevalent on older worlds, here the community has been able to absorb the scrolls more easily but at some point also these worlds will crack and fail the main question is how long will it take?

For example the 5 year old world of dutch arendyll there is much less of an issue, big players just absorb the scrolls.
On the year and a half old Winyandor the issue is very pressing, trading it away is just impossible.

If you trade it 2 stars you should be happy if you can get 10-20K of non scroll goods a week.
just noboday wants it and everybody has twice as many scrolls as they have something else, even if they are not scroll boosted.

Due to it's young age this world is unable to absorb the overabundance like the arendyll world does.

Lelanya

I have 2 scrolls boosted cities on EN2, and US2 as well. I trade scrolls at 2 stars every week. Yes I know we all have more scrolls than we like. But I don't feel neglected - far from it. Nor do I feel indulged or ignored. And I above all will not treat a valued, boosted good, as less than what it is. I refuse to post it at ridiculous amounts.

Deleted User - 1178646

I have 2 scrolls boosted cities on EN2, and US2 as well. I trade scrolls at 2 stars every week. Yes I know we all have more scrolls than we like. But I don't feel neglected - far from it. Nor do I feel indulged or ignored. And I above all will not treat a valued, boosted good, as less than what it is. I refuse to post it at ridiculous amounts.

Those are 2 old worlds with 4+ years under the belt.

As said before this issue is most pressing on new worlds. especially the worlds that are openen a short time before the spire was released.

If you know we all have more scrolls then we like. then you pretty much confirmed it doesn't it?
It's just that your world(s) have not reach there saturation point yet at which other players say screw it, enough is enough.

new worlds have reached that point a long time ago.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's true, I have absorbed millions of scrolls form FS members and neighbors, but only because my stockpiles are in the tens of millions and I don't really care.
On a newer server, there are far fewer hoarders to do so.

Deleted User - 1178646

It's true, I have absorbed millions of scrolls form FS members and neighbors, but only because my stockpiles are in the tens of millions and I don't really care.
On a newer server, there are far fewer hoarders to do so.
It would be interesting to see how the game would be on a new world with the current changes.
We havent seen new world open in a year and a half. so it might be that time again.

Alram

Flippers just flip
This is a great idea! I think people will support it for the good of the game.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I really don't get the hate from the newer players towards the older players here. Can any of you even imagine the hit to the trade market that would happen if a bunch of players with big cities quit because Inno did something as stupid as destroying or removing the Library set? The sets are not going to disappear and they are not going to expire. But if they did, many players with anywhere from 5 to 15 sets in their cities would disappear.

I think the only thing that could happen is that the Moonstone Library itself has the scrolls production removed completely and not replaced with another tier 2 good. I have 5 sets in my Live city, and only 1 set in my Beta city, but I would be fine with the main building no longer making any goods. I have the sets out for the CCs and the mana, and the spell fragments for my smaller Beta city. The goods are just an extra bonus right now for me.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Can any of you even imagine the hit to the trade market that would happen if a bunch of players with big cities quit because Inno did something as stupid as destroying or removing the Library set?
Why would people quit if the library pieces were made expiring? They could still have one.