• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

moonstone library set

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have all the pieces. Do the pieces have to be placed in a certain way or just having all the pieces is good enough to get the extra stuff?
The Moonstone Library has to touch every other building in the set in order to get full bonuses. Endless Scroll must touch 3 other buildings for full bonuses. Gum Tree and Mana Plant must touch 2 others. And Moonstone Gate only needs to touch a single other building. Click on any building in the set and then click the tab that says Set. There will be a picture of the suggested layout.

Zoof

I have all the pieces. Do the pieces have to be placed in a certain way or just having all the pieces is good enough to get the extra stuff?
As @Henroo suggested, clicky a thingie and get a piccy. At least, it's that way in the browser/PC version of Elvenar.

1667262767037.png

Or in a maybe-easier to understand format?

1667263252974.png

This is a feature that is missing in the Mobile APP version of Elvenar. The closest the app shows is what set buildings are, but not anything about how any particular set building is supposed to come together.

Zoof

shimmerfly, Henroo, Zoof, I wonder what you really think about the Moonstone Library set? I just entered Sorcerers and Dragons and have had my set up about a month. Is it a keeper?

At the very minimum, keep the Gum Tree and Mana Plant and upgrade those as needed. At and past the 5th chapter, they can be used to fulfill those "Upgrade lv 5 or higher" event quests for dirt cheap. Once you can dedicate the space for the whole set in your city, you'll never go back. It's a bit slow to begin with, but those daily spell fragments and combining catalysts really do add up, allowing you to free up production in your Magic Academy* for something else, such as Power of Provision spells. It can get a bit expensive to keep the Moonstone Library Set current to your chapter, but so long as you only have one set, you can pull certain shenanigans** since level doesn't affect how many SFs or CCs you get.

* IMHO, the free diamonds you get from Spire and other sources are best spent getting Magic Academy up to level 5 ASAP. As long as you keep your tournament game strong, you'll effectively never run out of relics even at the vastly improved craft speed.

** In my main city, I allowed the main Moonstone Library building (4x4) sit out of date by about three or four chapters. It'd have been stupidly expensive to burn that many Royal Restorations. Since I only have one set total, I sold off the building and waited for it to reappear in the Magic Academy*** at the current chapter. I had about 200CCs and 200K SFs saved up before attempting this and my stockpile didn't diminish too much while I waited. It took me about 3 weeks for it to reappear, though I also burned about 20 Sips of Clarity (for unrelated reasons) during that time.

*** This trick only works if, after having sold off the building, no instances of that building exists either or both in your city and your inventory. For those who were around and actively running Spire when the Spire was popping out Moonstone Library Set pieces like it was going out of style, they're out of luck on that front.

Moho

Chef
those daily spell fragments and combining catalysts really do add up, allowing you to free up production in your Magic Academy* for something else, such as Power of Provision spells.
This is exactly the strategy I follow in all of my three cities. Another source of CC's is the Spire and since I get to the top regularly, my MA produces CC's only during FA's.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

shimmerfly, Henroo, Zoof, I wonder what you really think about the Moonstone Library set? I just entered Sorcerers and Dragons and have had my set up about a month. Is it a keeper?

Yes. Originally the Moonstone set was found in chests in the Spire of Eternity. And you could win multiple copies of each building. Although my collection of Moonstone buildings is not as extensive as some players, I would say I have 3 to 4 expansions worth of them in each city

Yogi Dave

People stopped at 10?
16 Wow! Just wow.

The most I ever had in my city was 8 but sold several to make room for large guest race villages. I'd kept a 6 in inventory, so got back up to 8 and sold back down to 5 leaving 3 in inventory, but 5 is enough for me as I have over 1k CCs.
At the very minimum, keep the Gum Tree and Mana Plant and upgrade those as needed. At and past the 5th chapter, they can be used to fulfill those "Upgrade lv 5 or higher" event quests for dirt cheap.
Yep, I upgrade them during events. Only 1 RR and 10 sec. for an upgrade done. You do need to keep one of the other pieces to maximize their production since they have 2 links. The endless scroll is great since it gives spell frags. But you will need either the lib or gate for to get the most out of it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

Absolutely positively a keeper. It took me a long time to take it out of storage and actually use it. I keep wondering why I was so slow; now I never run out of spell frags or ccs.

dwarfyguy

Can you please show me a map or a picture to show how to have the moonstone library touches and when it needs mana plant or gum plant for a set of four libraries?