• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More fellowship features

DeletedUser2824

While there many more pressing issues I agree need to be addressed first, namely the battle system, after things settle down and the battle system is more functional, I’d like to see more options for fellowships. This game can be rather slow, and if being in your fellowships was even more fun and convenient, I’m sure it would help some people decide to stick around. Heck, my fellowships are what keeps me playing when I get frustrated at the game. ;)

First off, a page that only members can see: The overview should be left for the rules and a description on what kind of fellowship it is, or if you are looking for members or not. It’s kind of like the fellowship brochure. I’d like to be able to have a fellowship page where we can have stuff more relevant to its actual members. :eek:

Being able to customize both the overview and the fellowship page: It doesn’t have to be much, but I’d really like to spruce up the overview with a few things like a cover picture and some neat font. (I’m no graphics expert, but even Facebook has a simple way of changing cover pictures for dummies like me :eek:) I want to make a statement with the overview; this is what kind a fellowship we are! And the better it looks as well the better it will be at making that statement. Plus I like things to look nice. (One of these days I’ll figure out how to make me a nice signature):rolleyes:

Some kind of bulletin board where important messages can be pinned and won’t disappear until they’re taken down: The chat feature is fine in all, but messages don’t stay for more than a day or two, and even letters get zapped after awhile. Sometimes there are things I need people to see for some time, even new members, such as advice about certain methods of game play, links to helpful places on the forum and Elvanar Facebook groups, or statements addressing certain concerns. I’d rather not have to keep bumping letters or repeating things. :cool:

Some kind of profile page: A small page you can pull up on your fellows that contains a bio and stuff. This doesn’t even have to be a fellowship only thing. I’d also think it would be useful to have a small description that opens on the top of the screen (much like the fellowship chat on the side of the screen) that tells them what my preferences for visits are, what Aws I’m working on, ect. I like my cities to have real names, dang-it!:mad:

Altogether I’d like to see a better way of doing visits: The bigger you get, the longer it takes. I get headaches if I stare at a computer screen for too long, and I haven’t been able to visit my neighbors in I don’t know how long. -_- If there was a way to, I don’t know, set your preferences so people can just click on the helping hands and it’ll automatically help the next thing on your preferences? You could have some kind of basic preferences, where if culture was your first preference it’ll go for the next highest culture, or more advanced settings, like clicking on what culture building you want polished first and setting things up more manually.

I don’t know, I’m no graphics expert. I’ve thought about getting into computer graphics more, but the thought of more headaches from staring at the screen doesn’t appeal to me.:oops: So this is just a few thoughts. Maybe some savvy person can come up with better solutions.

Cheers! ~Tagg

DeletedUser2870

Yes, now just wait until someone at Inno wakes up and starts working on it

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes, now just wait until someone at Inno wakes up and starts working on it
I feel like INNO could get a lot done if they just hired players for diamonds. With players like konniver (elvenararchitect), varron, katwijk,mykan and their international equivalents you could probably give them a task and get it done in a week for some diamonds. More likely they'd do it just for the joy of improving the game.

DeletedUser2824

I feel like INNO could get a lot done if they just hired players for diamonds.

There's an idea. It does seem as if they need more people on their team to help get things done. Frankly, I think one of their big issues is they're too ambitious with a lot of their updates. They need to spend more time on the basics, you know, all those little changes to the user interface that will make game play much smoother and funner. If they got the little basic things working BEFORE they work on bigger updates they might not have such a broken system. I like those ideas knocking around on the beta forums, wish I could vote for them. I especially love the one to simplify visits. It cuts out all the fluff and goes straight to the most efficient way for it to work.

DeletedUser2824

Another thing that would be nice as Archmage is an archive. There are some threads that are actually pretty important to keep around for a while, but not meant for everyone to see. Such as when someone is having stuff going on in their life that I need to remember so I don't drop them accidentally, but not something I can pin to the bulletin board.

joboxo

Some kind of profile page: A small page you can pull up on your fellows that contains a bio and stuff. This doesn’t even have to be a fellowship only thing. I’d also think it would be useful to have a small description that opens on the top of the screen (much like the fellowship chat on the side of the screen) that tells them what my preferences for visits are, what Aws I’m working on, ect. I like my cities to have real names, dang-it!:mad:

This is a great idea!!

joboxo

I feel like INNO could get a lot done if they just hired players for diamonds. With players like konniver (elvenararchitect), varron, katwijk,mykan and their international equivalents you could probably give them a task and get it done in a week for some diamonds. More likely they'd do it just for the joy of improving the game.

Great idea! Sign me up. ;)

DeletedUser6650

While there many more pressing issues I agree need to be addressed first, namely the battle system, after things settle down and the battle system is more functional, I’d like to see more options for fellowships. This game can be rather slow, and if being in your fellowships was even more fun and convenient, I’m sure it would help some people decide to stick around. Heck, my fellowships are what keeps me playing when I get frustrated at the game. ;)

First off, a page that only members can see: The overview should be left for the rules and a description on what kind of fellowship it is, or if you are looking for members or not. It’s kind of like the fellowship brochure. I’d like to be able to have a fellowship page where we can have stuff more relevant to its actual members. :eek:

Being able to customize both the overview and the fellowship page: It doesn’t have to be much, but I’d really like to spruce up the overview with a few things like a cover picture and some neat font. (I’m no graphics expert, but even Facebook has a simple way of changing cover pictures for dummies like me :eek:) I want to make a statement with the overview; this is what kind a fellowship we are! And the better it looks as well the better it will be at making that statement. Plus I like things to look nice. (One of these days I’ll figure out how to make me a nice signature):rolleyes:

Some kind of bulletin board where important messages can be pinned and won’t disappear until they’re taken down: The chat feature is fine in all, but messages don’t stay for more than a day or two, and even letters get zapped after awhile. Sometimes there are things I need people to see for some time, even new members, such as advice about certain methods of game play, links to helpful places on the forum and Elvanar Facebook groups, or statements addressing certain concerns. I’d rather not have to keep bumping letters or repeating things. :cool:

Altogether I’d like to see a better way of doing visits: The bigger you get, the longer it takes. I get headaches if I stare at a computer screen for too long, and I haven’t been able to visit my neighbors in I don’t know how long. -_- If there was a way to, I don’t know, set your preferences so people can just click on the helping hands and it’ll automatically help the next thing on your preferences? You could have some kind of basic preferences, where if culture was your first preference it’ll go for the next highest culture, or more advanced settings, like clicking on what culture building you want polished first and setting things up more manually.

I don’t know, I’m no graphics expert. I’ve thought about getting into computer graphics more, but the thought of more headaches from staring at the screen doesn’t appeal to me.:oops: So this is just a few thoughts. Maybe some savvy person can come up with better solutions.

Cheers! ~Tagg
For the fellowship it would also be nice to know how active a person is and when the last 2-3 the fellowship member made visits and/or played the game.