• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More pet food please

Faeofthesea

Try to fix the recipe switch to a time so you can see all 4 pools. I have tested this several times and you get on average a lot more then 3-4 a week in your academy. but you need to see all (4) recipe pools a day and not mis one. with a 50 diamond reset you can set the time to a for you better schedule. this also improves combat building gains.

small disclamer: I have checked several hundreds of cycles (diamond spamming insanity) to see the average droprate was about 6-9 months ago 7-8 average per week assuming 28 recipes per week ranging from 3-12 per week. in that time a few extra artefact recipes where added. making it possibly a little bit lower. also during bear and phoenix events the corresponding artefects chance increases a lot making petfood a lot less common during those weeks.

As for a pet food building, I think it's a bad idea.
The best way to control the power of pets is by it a scarce resource.
You can only spend each pet food once. as plenty of pets have powerfull abilities. they way those are kept in check (and make sure new players have the possibiblity to also reach that stage) is to limit the amount of petfood you can spend.

A new player might not be able to get the same pets as anyone of us has. but at some point I will have more amazing pets I can ever feed. then it does not matter I have 15 ultra uber amazing pets and the other player 6. because there is no way I can feed those 15 ultra uber amazing pets. so that new player with his/her 6 pets is just as good as I am.

So all players play by the same rules because of it.
Thank you for the recipe switch tracking suggestion. I have not done that...just check what is available when I am log on.

Faeofthesea

If you like, you can fix the Magic Academy without using 50 diamonds. Just disconnect it from the road for the amount of time needed to be able to reset it to where you can see all four turnarounds every day. For example, my Magic Academy was set to open a new one at 6am, 12, 6pm and midnight. That was both too late and too early for me to see the last one, so I disconnected my MA when I woke up one morning at 7, and left it off until 10am, when I reconnected it to the road. After that, it set it to 3pm,. 9pm, 3am and 9am. Since I'm up at 7, I could easily see the 3am one before it disappeared.

As far as the pet food building being a bad idea, the devs may have been thinking like you when they automatically rejected it. But they reconsidered it, according to Helya. They probably realized that a pet food building, where you only get one pet food every 2 or 3 days, is not a game killer. It's a game enhancer, and it does not flood the game with pet food, as did the Moonstone Libraries and their endless (and they really were endless) scrolls. Moonstones did a lot of damage, and a lot of scrolls players dropped their scroll id (including me) but this is nothing like that. It would still be a finite resource. You can't flood the game with a couple of pet food a week, especially when they can never be traded. The only thing you will do is encourage players to feed their pets. And if they are going to put out an endless array of pets, is that such a bad thing? If you have a dozen pets and only get a couple extra pet food a week, you still have to decide what to feed, and it is still very limited. I'd say never having anywhere near enough pet food to actually enjoy your pets harms the game far more.
Great idea to just disconnect the road!