• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

More than one scouting Team

ionelle

I would like to suggest the option to buy or win an additional scouting team. It takes me 12 hours to scout a province, and from what I read it takes longer and longer as the game goes on. I believe I read somewhere, someone posted it takes five days for their scouting team to finish! We definitely need the option to send out more than one team at a time. TIA

Myne

Oh Wise One
I would like to suggest the option to buy or win an additional scouting team. It takes me 12 hours to scout a province, and from what I read it takes longer and longer as the game goes on. I believe I read somewhere, someone posted it takes five days for their scouting team to finish! We definitely need the option to send out more than one team at a time. TIA

Elvenar is a long term strategy game. I think that's one of the "brakes" to keep players from blowing through the game.

Sprite1313

My concern with this suggestion is that a lot of new players already over scout before they realize what it is doing to their province difficulty. If you make it even easier to scout, I could see this compounding the problem. But I agree with @Enevhar Aldarion - oh for the days of 12 hour scouts. Mine are only up to 2.5 days, so I am nowhere near his pain :p

I like the idea of an AW or evolving building, but the AW would have to do something else in order to compensate for the tourney/spire difficulty penalty. Still has lots of potential, I think. :)

able99

I just launched my Scout, and it will be done in 4 days 11 hours I don't waste time instances to speed up scouting..
Events often have quest option to Scout a province, and I almost always have to do the alternative quest unless I get very lucky with the timing.
A second scouting team is a great idea. I like the idea of a new bear but would rather not have to use space. It could be a technology you need to activate in next chapter. That will address the concern of newbies overscouting.

ionelle

My concern with this suggestion is that a lot of new players already over scout before they realize what it is doing to their province difficulty. If you make it even easier to scout, I could see this compounding the problem. But I agree with @Enevhar Aldarion - oh for the days of 12 hour scouts. Mine are only up to 2.5 days, so I am nowhere near his pain :p

I like the idea of an AW or evolving building, but the AW would have to do something else in order to compensate for the tourney/spire difficulty penalty. Still has lots of potential, I think. :)
[/QUOTEGood point. Then maybe they could offer the option at Chapter 10 onwards. I'm only in chapter 8 myself. I completely understand this is a slow paced game, but it would still be nice to have the option to hire another scouting party. imo. :-D

ionelle

Sorry, but I am chuckling at 12 hours. I have scouts that take over 5 days in one city and over 2 days in another. Now imagine playing the game before timer instants were added to the game and not having those to speed up your scout.
LOL, omg, something to look forward to i guess. gaagh.

Tavina

I am ch lll and over scouted and continue too. What about a ch lock to prevent over scouting.....but then the knowledge pts for researching would fall short.( See someone made the chapter lock suggestion above. As a newbie it would not only effect the kp for researching but also neighbors for visiting and the market. (Mobile device here)but I would like to stop over scouting.

Last edited:

Raccon

I am ch lll and over scouted and continue too. What about a ch lock to prevent over scouting.....but then the knowledge pts for researching would fall short.( See someone made the chapter lock suggestion above. As a newbie it would not only effect the kp for researching but also neighbors for visiting and the market. (Mobile device here)but I would like to stop over scouting.
I think the 'chapter lock' already exist in the form of spire and tournament encounters. I'm not sure how over scouting affects catering encounters but, if you're a fighter, over scouting would make you regret sooner rather than later by increasing difficulty levels by each extra scouted ring around your city. The more rings you over scou the harder the encounters will become until it would be mission impossible for your troop level/type and squad size compare to the enemy squad size and troop level.