• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Move the Pet Food out of the Enchant Tab or create a new category for it

Vergazi

I made a Pet Food, which is in the Enchantments Tab when it is collected and yet it does not count as an enchant in the event quests. Might be a good idea to get that thing out of the Enchants Tab it's confusing and thwartful in the extreme. I burned time boosters believing that the enchants tab only holds enchants. If I should have known that then it's on me, fine. However, a bit more clarity in the form of corrective action would be warranted here I believe.:mad:

I still love ya IG! :p:D

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When you get far enough in the game to build the Dragon Abbey, which gives you mana every time you use an enchantment, it gives you mana for using pet food, but it does not give anything when you use catalysts. Just so you can be more confused about why Inno did them the way they did. :)

Also, it does not count because for enchantment quests because it can only be crafted. If it could be made in a normal enchantment-making slot, then it would count for one of those quests. But yeah, while maybe they should move it to the Instants tab in the inventory, then it might lose the mana bonus too.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It has been reported elsewhere if you craft any enchantment, it does not count toward the produce enchantments quests. So, a power of provision gained in the tournament counts, gained from a help chest counts, produced in the magic academy using relics counts; but if it is crafted, it does not count for some reason.

He was only talking about the Pet Food not counting as crafting enchantments, even though it is with the other enchantments in your inventory, not any of the other enchantments, so while helpful in other threads, this is irrelevant here.

Fayeanne

It is an enchantment. The reason it didn't count, as Pheryll said, is because you crafted it, not because it's not an enchantment. Creating enchantments using the first page of the Magic Academy counts for quests; creating them via the second page (crafting) does not. And at present you can't create Pet Food on the first page; ergo...

It's still probably a bug, or at least an oversight. Think about how you claim crafting results: You don't claim them by clicking the building on the city map. You claim them by opening crafting and clicking the button in the dialog. They didn't link up that button with the quests to make it count toward quest requirements.

Vergazi

creating them via the second page (crafting) does not. And at present you can't create Pet Food on the first page; ergo...
My point stands. When you collect the Pet Food it goes into the "enchants" tab...ergo...it is misfiled and needs to be put somewhere else, it's presence there is misleading. The fact that crafted enchants don't count makes the whole situation even worse.

edited for spelling

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My point stands. When you collect the Pet Food it goes into the "enchants" tab...ergo...it is misfiled and need to be put somewhere else, it's presence there is misleading. The fact that crafted enchants don't count makes the whole situation even worse.
It is an enchantment. The fact that (right now) we can only get it by crafting doesn't make it not an enchantment.

And yes, it's stupid that crafted enchantments don't count for quests.

DeletedUser5521

Its stupid, but it would be far stupider to have a tab just for Pet Food.
Don't really need a tab just for Pet Food. It enchants the Phoenix and makes it more powerful (and sparkle! :cool:) for a brief amount of time like any other enchantment, so, as Ashrem said, it should count like any other enchantment. They just need to code it as such.. :oops:

I also feel that crafted items should count towards quests just like ones produced in the MA, won in chests during NH, or as rewards in tourneys. I think this is just another coding oversight. :rolleyes:

Pheryll

Set Designer
It has been reported elsewhere if you craft any enchantment, it does not count toward the produce enchantments quests. So, a power of provision gained in the tournament counts, gained from a help chest counts, produced in the magic academy using relics counts; but if it is crafted, it does not count for some reason.

A moderator apparently deleted this post with the reasoning: Please report this in the bug section. There is a report already in the bug section which mentions it, and the report is closed for further commenting with the reasoning: Contact support (see here). Could this report be reopened for further replies or some better instruction be given?

DeletedUser4194

A moderator apparently deleted this post with the reasoning: Please report this in the bug section. There is a report already in the bug section which mentions it, and the report is closed for further commenting with the reasoning: Contact support (see here). Could this report be reopened for further replies or some better instruction be given?

This is not a bug, hence the instructions to contact support. Also, this thread is more about the Pet Food location within the Magic Academy.
The key is that Enchantments that count for the quests are the ones that are created in the "Produce" tab. Pet food is produced in the "Cafting" tab.

Pheryll

Set Designer
This is not a bug, hence the instructions to contact support. Also, this thread is more about the Pet Food location within the Magic Academy.
The key is that Enchantments that count for the quests are the ones that are created in the "Produce" tab. Pet food is produced in the "Cafting" tab.

The thread is about whether pet food counts as an enchantment based solely upon it not counting as an enchantment when crafted by the current event quest line. Currently all enchantments do not count as enchantments by this quest line when crafted. Whether or not pet food is supposed to be treated differently is unknown, because pet food has the same behavior as all the other enchantments.

Also, I was not instructed to contact support; I was instructed to report this as a bug here. And the bug report would be redundant to one that was closed and told to contact support. This is becoming circuitous.

Risen Malchiah

When a quest asks you to "collect" or "gain" enchantments rather than simply "produce," then I would agree with you, but since finding them in a visit chest counts and being awarded them in the tournament counts, I see no reason why "crafting" should have a different result than "producing." Resources and time are still being spent to obtain them.

Pet food *should* be counted as enchantments, as they are found in the enchantments tab and function the same way.
Crafted relics and enchantments *should* count toward quests that ask you to "collect" those items.

DeletedUser5521

Crafted relics and enchantments *should* count toward quests that ask you to "collect" those items.
Yup. Unless, of course, you craft them but don't ever collect them, and, really, why would you craft them if you don't plan to collect them? Once you click on the finished (crafted) product, it is collected, and in the case of Pet Food, PoPs, EEs, MMs, IMs, stored in the Enchantaments Tab. In the case if relics, stored with all the others of their kind in the relics piggy bank. **BOOM, collected** Quest satified, no? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.. C'mon devs...you know this is a simple coding fix :oops::rolleyes::confused:

Dopeykr

It is an enchantment. The reason it didn't count, as Pheryll said, is because you crafted it, not because it's not an enchantment. Creating enchantments using the first page of the Magic Academy counts for quests; creating them via the second page (crafting) does not. And at present you can't create Pet Food on the first page; ergo...

It's still probably a bug, or at least an oversight. Think about how you claim crafting results: You don't claim them by clicking the building on the city map. You claim them by opening crafting and clicking the button in the dialog. They didn't link up that button with the quests to make it count toward quest requirements.
But it does count PoP crafted in the Magic Academy. I know this because that was how I fulfilled one of quests in the mini-event.

Pheryll

Set Designer
But it does count PoP crafted in the Magic Academy. I know this because that was how I fulfilled one of quests in the mini-event.

The code for quests can change from one event to another. My statement was only grounded on how it worked in the prior event.

Just for clarification, you crafted it for the only quest in the mini-event that require enchantments and not spells in general. Is this correct?