• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Moving Day

hvariidh gwendrot

all kinds of people have been moved on the map overnight, my 2 biggest cities 2 of the smaller ones and several members of the fellowship on all of the 8 worlds moved about too .. just saying :cool:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
A number of people in my fellowship were moved on us7 today. I've been moved once sometime ago, but I unchecked the option. So far my neighborhood is unchanged.
The problem with having the move option turned off is that they often move many cities from an area at once. So if you have the option to be moved turned off and your neighbors have it on, then it is possible that they will move all your good, active neighbors. But not move you. Then you're stuck in a total wasteland.

Huor

The problem with having the move option turned off is that they often move many cities from an area at once. So if you have the option to be moved turned off and your neighbors have it on, then it is possible that they will move all your good, active neighbors. But not move you. Then you're stuck in a total wasteland.

That's exactly what I'm thinking about when so many people started talking about being moved.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Something I am wondering about: on the PC platform there is a box that says "allow automatic movement to better position." And a player has to option of turning this on or off. I do not it anywhere on mobile. So I assume all mobile accounts have a default setting. Does anybody know if it is to allow movement or not allow movement?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Something I am wondering about: on the PC platform there is a box that says "allow automatic movement to better position." And a player has to option of turning this on or off. I do not it anywhere on mobile. So I assume all mobile accounts have a default setting. Does anybody know if it is to allow movement or not allow movement?

Default for app is to be moved. That is why you may see so many confused players, especially in the Facebook groups.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I can't help but wonder why many of my best neighbors were moved today but I was left behind. What am I, chopped liver? I have my "allow auto move" button clicked, and I practically live here, now in chapter 16, so why not me? It's not that I care about moving; there are still a few neighbors here that I can trade with, but it's just the principle of the thing. I don't see why I rate less. And besides, they just HAD to take the neighbors that have different items than I do, so now there will be a glut of the same darn things in the trader. (And yes, I can trade with my fs, but that's not the point.)

I just sent messages to my top 5 neighbors former neighbors wishing them good luck, but I'm gutwrenched at losing them. :(

Soleil Nightbloom

About a year ago when I came to the forum there were a few advanced players that made a list and figured out the center for each world server. This allowed players to figure out where they were located in their world server and how far away they were from the center. I’m curious, if they have updated that list and/or how do you go about figuring out which player is at the center of your world server?

Rocce Sqirl

The email from Inno: “Your city has been moved to better position on the World Map. Your World Map progress is not affected by this. You now have new active neighbors and more active trading partners.”

Okay, Inno, define “better.” Losing 60% of my best partners because THEY were moved is not “better.”

Get rid of the dead cities where no one's played in more than a year. THAT would be "better." :mad:

MsMolly

"Get rid of the dead cities where no one's played in more than a year. THAT would be "better" I can't agree more, I used to have 18 cities around me with whom I traded and now there are only two left. When I go to the trader there are no basic goods to trade! Granted, I am waiting for chapter 19 and can "buy" those goods from the trader, but to not see any at all - well I will say it again, I'm not too happy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just thought it was weird to be moved when there was nothing wrong with my old neighborhood.

It is an automated computer program doing it, not a real person. And it is programmed to fill spots from the center of the server, out to the edges. So when a dead city is removed closer to the center, someone further out will be moved into that empty spot. If someone has movement allowed, and their city boosts match the now empty spot, they will be moved, no matter how nice their current location may seem.